• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Speculation V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So if they're now heading to Kanto, but are indeed still interested in Pikachu, then perhaps after the League Ash is heading back to Kanto for a filler arc or something? In which there will be a scene where TR get word that Ash has returned to Kanto and Giovanni says that he'll never be able to conquer the world with a kid like Ash and his Pikachu about. Therefore he sends the TRio out specifically to put an end to his meddling and we once again see TR the way they were in the OS..

I'd like that, this regions TR was a massive letdown..

RickHoenn

Banned
Hopefully they are all back to Kanto.. for now.

I'd like that, this regions TR was a massive letdown..

How so?

And I remember in "Battling for the Love of Bug Types" when Matori contacteed TRio and announced that he was too busy to keep in contact with him. TRio then said that they would go back to trying to capture Pikachu and people thought that TRio was going back to their old ways. We saw how that ended up.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
And cue the onslaught of people insisting "TR isn't over since they're not dead! They'll go back to being idiots! Hurhur!"

Yeah, first off, Team Rocket, the TRio included, were all taken back to Kanto with Giovanni explicitly saying they're done with Unova. For now, they're gone.

Secondly, am I the only one who sees the hints of Team Rocket disbanding or turning good here? Not only did the TRio and Zager save Unova from Giovanni (while saving Giovanni from Giovanni), but Giovanni seemed REALLY out of it in the end there. He'd been possesed through seeing himself in the Reflecting Mirror; he knows what a monster he is on the inside now, and that fact has shaken him. I think this WAS Team Rocket's final mission, and that they're going to disband when we have our inevitable return to Kanto at the end of BW.

What? Your acting like Giovanni is such an idiot he didn't know what he was doing for most of his life.. He was well aware he was stealing people's Pokemon, Controlling Pokemon using their rage and forcing them to evolve.. Sponsored Pokemon cloning to make a Clone Army, Wants an army of Pokemon to take over the world and will destroy anyone why gets in his way.. Yeah, I think your kinda making Giovanni seem confused on whether he's good or evil and has been clear for 15 years that he is evil. He never had doubts before, why would he be that traumatized about being possesed? He will most likely just send JJM and some other operatives to the filler saga location where we will get both TR and TP as main antagonist.

BlueDragonfangirl

Hmm I wonder if they could have Team Rocket steal Team Plasma plot?? NA..I think for now they'll be getting some sleep rethink ideas and than going back to stealing Pikachu again. We never got to see that Team Rocket V.S Team Plamsa episode, I'm starting to think they want us to act like none of its going to happenXD

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I just haven't enjoyed them, they've been the rubbish two dimensional evil organisation that Galactic, Magma and Aqua were.. They're boring.

Oh, right! How dare villains from an evil organization actually be villains from an evil organization! It's unheard of! How dare this show have it's regular villains actually pose a threat! They should always be goofy harmless derps who pose no danger; kids might get scared otherwise! It's BORING when TR doesn't do the same predictable thing every episode!

.....I'm never going to understand how the minds of these kinds of TR fans work.

What? Your acting like Giovanni is such an idiot he didn't know what he was doing for most of his life.. He was well aware he was stealing people's Pokemon, Controlling Pokemon using their rage and forcing them to evolve.. Sponsored Pokemon cloning to make a Clone Army, Wants an army of Pokemon to take over the world and will destroy anyone why gets in his way.. Yeah, I think your kinda making Giovanni seem confused on whether he's good or evil and has been clear for 15 years that he is evil. He never had doubts before, why would he be that traumatized about being possesed?

You misunderstand me. I know Giovanni knew he was evil; he ENJOYED being evil. The mirror possesion, however, forced him to face the evil he was NOT aware of: his innermost evil that is totally insane and destructive, which could have very well destroyed him. It's a "spiritual" kind of event that could very well make him fear being evil or trying to take over the world. I mean, think of it like this: Ebeneezer Scrooge knew full-well he was an evil human being and went about it not caring. It was only when a supernatural event brought him to terms with just what being that way fully meant, what with it's ultimate negative consequences for him, that he changed. It might be that kind of situation with Giovanni here.

And I remember in "Battling for the Love of Bug Types" when Matori contacteed TRio and announced that he was too busy to keep in contact with him. TRio then said that they would go back to trying to capture Pikachu and people thought that TRio was going back to their old ways. We saw how that ended up.

Exactly. And that scene made it look even MORE like they'd go back to their old ways, since they were acting in a similar manner (like hyperactive idiots.)

If THAT ended up not meaning they'd go back to their old ways, I can't really see this meaning it. I think this is them being written out as regulars on the show, period.

In my opinion Best Wishes has had crappy writing any ways, at least this way Team Rocket can add humor in the show again.

1. Best Wishes has "crappy writing" only because it's not the same formulamatic crappy writing this dumb fandom has grown attached to.
2. "Add humor in the show again"? So you're saying funny antics of Ash, Iris, Cilan, various Pokemon like Oshawott, rivals and CotD aren't humor?
3. It'd be hard for TR to give the show humor when their brand of humor wasn't funny for a long time.

We never got to see that Team Rocket V.S Team Plamsa episode, I'm starting to think they want us to act like none of its going to happen

No, in terms of the events of the show, it's happened already, we just didn't get to see it.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh, right! How dare villains from an evil organization actually be villains from an evil organization! It's unheard of! How dare this show have it's regular villains actually pose a threat! They should always be goofy harmless derps who pose no danger; kids might get scared otherwise! BAH!

They hardly appeared though and would still loose just in a more serious way and without blasting off LOL. Still they were pretty cool in the two part arc, I hope if they do return to comical ways its done Kanto style guess will see.

ShinyCharyZard

They just had a bad idea from the start and made it worse after their initial plans, involving Plasma, could no longer be used. If they'd been a little more serious before, it wouldn't have seemed so bad, but they were comic relief so it made no sense.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
They just had a bad idea from the start and made it worse after their initial plans, involving Plasma, could no longer be used.

Bad idea from the start? So trying something NEW in this show is bad, huh? Man, my "BW as the fans want it" parody really WAS spot-on!

And no "initial plans involving Plasma" were cancelled and "could no longer be used". Most actual evidence (not stupid fans claiming BS as facts) point toward the arc with the Meteonite and black uniforms always going to be the ONLY time Team Plasma was ever going to factor in with Team Rocket's plans. Everything else would happen exactly as it has happened.

If they'd been a little more serious before, it wouldn't have seemed so bad, but they were comic relief so it made no sense.

LOL! So characters shouldn't ever develop and change? If you're comic relief, you have to stay that way or it'd make no sense?

Oh, and toward the start of Kanto and on several rare occasions throughout it, they WERE more serious than they later became.

They hardly appeared though and would still loose just in a more serious way and without blasting off LOL. Still they were pretty cool in the two part arc, I hope if they do return to comical ways its done Kanto style guess will see.

Hardly appeared!? Their pacing was excellent. Watch AG and DP if you want to see villains who hardly appear.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
As soon as they go back to being drooling idiots after Pikachu, the writers have created a huge plot hole.

They caught Pikachu effortlessly in this arc. If they suddenly regress to being unable to catch him, it again shows how amateurish the writing is.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Hardly appeared!? Their pacing was excellent. Watch AG and DP if you want to see villains who hardly appear.

Exactly. AG and DP had the dual problem of the regular villains appearing in every episode being Team Rocket, who were completely harmless and un-villainous, while the real threatening villains only showed up once every 20+ episodes. BW solves both problems by keeping TR the regular villains but NOT having them come in every episode, show up in scenes advancing their plans so that they aren't completely absent for 20+ episodes (the most they've been absent for is 12, between the Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain episodes), and have them be the real threatening villains rather than making them comic "foils" for Team Plasma or a Hunter J-type villain. This is how you do villains in this anime.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

??? Are you talking about TG and TA and TM?? Yes I agree with you on that, just the same for new and improved Team Rocket too in my opinion.

edit;

Its not like TP was in this series like the others wereXD

PokeRhymeBeat

Well Giovanni did finally see pikachu in action so if they do go for it he will now know how strong is truly is. I think if anything they will be a fusion of BW and Kanto TR

??? Are you talking about TG and TA and TM?? Yes I agree with you on that, just the same for new and improved Team Rocket too in my opinion.

edit;

Did you even watch this season? Watch the show from Episode 1 all the way untl now and you'll see they appeared way more often than Team Galactic, J, Team Magma and Team Aqua did.

As soon as they go back to being drooling idiots after Pikachu, the writers have created a huge plot hole.

They caught Pikachu effortlessly in this arc. If they suddenly regress to being unable to catch him, it again shows how amateurish the writing is.

Well to be fair, Zager and Giovanni caught Pikachu.

ShinyCharyZard

I love how the members of this forum can never accept an opinion different to their own and have to retaliate with posts that consist mostly of 'HA', 'LOL' or capitalised words in any form really.

So i didn't like how they handled Team Rocket this generation, is that such a crime? I don't like how they went from what they were, to what they are now, in such a short time period. That's not development, it's rewriting a character completely and it's rubbish.. That's my opinion of things and it won't change. If they brought back the OS Team Rocket, then i'd be thrilled because i enjoyed those characters and would enjoy the anime more again if they were to be handled that way. I can do without the boss fantasies, Wobbuffet and whatever else, but for me to enjoy their characters like i want to, there needs to be some humour.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!

TR is out of the picture and we still have till Summer 2013 to get out of Unova, even with the League happening at the end of this year. Don't count TP out just yet.

Did you even watch this season? Watch the show from Episode 1 all the way untl now and you'll see they appeared way more often than Team Galactic, J, Team Magma and Team Aqua did.

Team Magma / Team Aqua in AG = 9 (2 with just Magma, 2 with just Aqua, 5 with both).

Team Galactic in DP = 10 (11 if you really want to count the 5-second cameo of Saturn and his grunts at the end of DP036)

Team Rocket in BW= 55 (And with BW reaching 100 episodes, that's about half the series thusfar.)

II don't like how they went from what they were, to what they are now, in such a short time period. That's not development, it's rewriting a character completely and it's rubbish.

There was a pretty obvious time skip between DP191 and BW001. It wasn't that much of a short amount; TR probably had plenty of time to get new training to help them mature.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Well to be fair, Zager and Giovanni caught Pikachu.

Fine, they appeared more than those guys but less than they should have and still wasn't on a win to win type of deal they'd still loose at times again just without blasting off so what good did we get out of any of that besides Team Rocket trying to be more serious type of villains and a battle between Ash team and Giovanni team finally without them getting killed or walking away.

edit;

I hope N/Team P will get an arc too maybe start during the league?? Awe who knows, I've given up on that for a while now but if it happens than awesome I'd love it if not meh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.