• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Speculation V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

They already advertised this as TR's final mission. Now all they need to do is wrap up TR's story and then that will be it for them.

Finale mission but will they stop catching Pikachu? Giovanni didn't even know about thatXD

BlueDragonfangirl

Sayho1234

Seems team rocket will go back to their former selves! LIKE I PREDICTED ALL ALONG :D

Anyways the ending gave us an impression that team rocket is indeed interested in that pikachu and that ending only showed Pre-BW team rocket scenes, which was most likely used to give the younger audience an impression on what team rocket used to be :)

INB4 Cybercubed

Great idea (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.)! Let's hope that the series also goes back to it's Johto saga quality too while you're at it.

BlueDragonfangirl

They were still doing it for Giovanni. It was a Team Rocket mission.

Yes to them it was a mission, now for Giovanni could be the last mission but I still think Team Rocket's Jessie/James/Meowth will go after Pikachu still thinking its a mission for Giovanni.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
After watching the two parter I have no idea what Team Rocket will do now, on a side note the ending sure was upsetting like watching a film or something. ;~;

Maetch

Yeah, I knew there was no way that the writers would permanently remove Team Rocket from the show. Most likely that Giovanni will spend time in Kanto to recoup his losses while JJ&M go back to pursuing Pokemon for him (though still maintaining their new rule of only popping up when they've got something meaningful to do).

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
I don't really think TR is back being their old selves. Why would writers need to change a formula that has worked so well in BW anyway?
Don't think the ending implied anything at all.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't really think TR is back being their old selves. Why would writers need to change a formula that has worked so well in BW anyway?

I agree. Might as well kick them off since it felt like they were barely here in the first place.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Yeah, I knew there was no way that the writers would permanently remove Team Rocket from the show. Most likely that Giovanni will spend time in Kanto to recoup his losses while JJ&M go back to pursuing Pokemon for him (though still maintaining their new rule of only popping up when they've got something meaningful to do).

The problem with this theory is we'd need a new region for that. Giovanni recalled JJ&M from Unvoa, unambiguously stating that all of Team Rocket is through with Unova. And the Unova saga is ending in Summer 2013. We're approaching the end of 2012, and have yet to hear anything about a new generation of games being developed, let alone released.

SlimeStack

My interpretation of it is Giovanni may take TRio more seriously now that he knows what exactly they were chasing for the first 4 regions. Heck, this gives Giovanni an opportunity to develop an antagonistic relationship with Ash and make Team Rocket an even bigger threat to the protagonists inside their own arcs.

BlueDragonfangirl

Some fans liked them being serious threat, some didn't. I'm not sure how the fandom in Japan felt about them like this though, I know on the forums it was a mixed opinion.

I like your idea SlimeStack ^

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
1) "We´re going back to Kanto" is just another way to say "TR vs. TP episodes will end in the garbage bin with Misty, May, Dawn and the GS Ball" the writers deliberately killed any possibility of fitting the episodes in some point of the series with that line.

Except that the assumption they'd try to "fit the episodes in some point" is STUPID. Re-airings of BW022 still have the preview for TR vs. TP playing at the end; BW025 on Hulu comes with a disclaimer about TR vs. TP happening before it; everyone knows what point those episodes take place in! If they air, they're NOT going to be altered to fit into some later point.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Except that the assumption they'd try to "fit the episodes in some point" is STUPID. Re-airings of BW022 still have the preview for TR vs. TP playing at the end; BW025 on Hulu comes with a disclaimer about TR vs. TP happening before it; everyone knows what point those episodes take place in! If they air, they're NOT going to be altered to fit into some later point.

Agreed. And does anyone else find it almost extremely odd that we havent had any BW DVD's yet? The episodes may be released when those come out so that the people who will be offened by the material can decide whether to buy it or not. TR vs TP has already happend, TP just hasnt come out of the shadows because of the activity JJM and Dr. Zager were doing previously, now that they've temporairly left for Kanto (before the next region I mean) TP could come out of the shadows, who knows maybe the Cryogonal in BWS2-18 is Zinzolin's? (Or not -_-)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
People need to realize the FACTS:

1. Jessie/James/Meowth did not stay in Unova! They went to Kanto with Giovanni. If the writers wanted JJM to go back to their old routine, they would have stayed behind in Unova and only Giovanni/Zager would have left!

2. TR saying Pikachu is worth getting again isn't unusual. Even in BW's second episode they tried to get Pikachu again. This won't return them to the same routine either, as they're probably planning more arcs for them.

3. We know from the upcoming episodes that TR won't appear at all for the rest of 2012. We likely won't see them at all as the Unova league is happening either. If we see them at all it'll be 1-2 minute scenes at TR HQ's back in Kanto.

Seriously, you people overreact over nothing. Most likely the "real" TR finale will happen in Kanto and involve the entire organization, and maybe legendaries that have more connections to TR than random Unova ones.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Them talking about being interested in Pikachu again can only mean one thing. That is not going to be brought up if Giovanni is merely going to turn good and disband the team in their next appearance.

And you're all forgetting that we already saw the writers try to write TR like Shudo did - in the gap between Castelia and Nimbasa - and they failed horribly. With this current batch of writers, they can only manage one extreme or the other.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Them talking about being interested in Pikachu again can only mean one thing. That is not going to be brought up if Giovanni is merely going to turn good and disband the team in their next appearance.

And you're all forgetting that we already saw the writers try to write TR like Shudo did - in the gap between Castelia and Nimbasa - and they failed horribly. With this current batch of writers, they can only manage one extreme or the other.

They are not in Unova though. If they were going back to their old BW routine, they would have stayed while Giovanni/Zager alone went on the helicopter. We also know from the upcoming episodes that it doesn't seem like they're in any of them.

We probably won't see them again, outside of maybe 1-2 minute scenes back in TR HQ's, until Ash is done with the league.

What are you talking about, the gap did not fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.