• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket & Stufful! (1039)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Also, since nobody else has noted it yet. Jessie has an Arbok-pen! Fun easter egg.
DP73.jpg
I noted it when the first preview came out

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I barely noticed the Arbok pen, but still a nice Easter egg. Like it when we are reminded of their past Pokémon.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
episodes like this make me hate the new timeslot, it's more convenient for me, but my enjoyment of the episodes goes down because I end up watching it raw as the subs end up coming at night (on thursdays I tended to watch the episodes when I got home, so the wait wasn't nearly as long as to make me watch the episodes raw)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
A whole lot of nothing this episode, aside from the end, where Bewear stormed the place and rescued her baby from its kidnappers

Wonder how that'll change Bewear's dynamic with the TRio - probably be easier to sneak away, and it's less likely she'll keep them prisoner at the end of the series

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Oddly enough, when Stufful started following Team Rocket around, I had a feeling it was drawn to Bewear's scent (which the TRio must reek of). However, I simply thought it recognized the scent of its evolved form. It never occurred to me that it might be Bewear's child. However, knowing that Bewear is a mother shines a whole new light on its—or, rather, her—attachment to Team Rocket. She is literally being a mama bear, treating the TRio like her own children. The fact that her own child went missing (in her eyes—she would have no way of knowing that Wicke saved Stufful and brought it back to Aether Paradise to heal) actually makes her overzealous protectiveness of Team Rocket a little sad in hindsight; she lost her own child, so she is determined not to lose sight of her adopted "children."

The fact that Bewear left a bowl of honey for Wicke as thanks for taking care of her child was a really nice, thoughtful moment.

Once again, Team Rocket had another classic stupid moment that cost them their success—running away when Ash and Lillie discovered them with Stufful, thus giving everyone the (correct) impression that they were thieves. At least they realized they were being stupid, but it was too late. If they had just calmly handed over Stufful (or attempted to hand it over, given that it was firmly latched onto Jessie's hair at that point), then they probably would have gotten away and been able to enact their plan once Ash and Lillie left. But what would Team Rocket be if they weren't stupid? :rolleyes:

While Ash and Lillie were not needed in this episode, to be honest, I didn't mind seeing them here. It was nice to see Ash spend time with one of his female classmates; it's been awhile since we've seen him hang out with one of the girls, without the boys around.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Things like the reunion of mother Bewear and chuld Stufful are why I love mammalian Pokemon so much. Pokemon specimen like that Bewear are very caring towards their babies, just like the animals they are based on. I would have loved to see a moment of Bewear nursing Stufful, since it'd be natural for mammalian Pokemon mothers to feed milk to their babies like mammals in real life.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
When the episode started out I thought it was going to be about Ash's misadventures in traveling to Aether Paradise but not at all, he got there really fast!

Wow Wicke dug with her "bear" hands to save Stufful.. go her

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Great to see Bewear being reunited with its child Stufful. Seems that Stufful and Bewear got separated prior to the events of SM1...maybe that's why Bewear was going a bit crazy back then until Tapu Koko stopped it. Nice of it to pay Wicke back with a leaf bowl of honey and return the stolen chopper. Ash and Lillie may not did much, but Ash's sole purpose was to deliver lunch to Professor Burnet.

The Eevee short was once again good, but a shame that it must part ways with Mantine for now.

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, especially when compared to the previous episode. Seeing Wicke's flashback and development with Stufful was quite nice, and then being left the honey in the end was a nice touch. I'm really excited to see more of Stufful's interactions with Bewear and Team Rocket.

The Eevee segment was nice again. Even if it's short, they've done a great job of establishing the relationship with Eevee and Mantine. The hug/nuzzling when Mantine left was so cute. In this segment, Eevee really reminded me of my cat, lol, especially when it was chasing Wimpod and then pawing at the rocks that Wimpod escaped into. So cute.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I enjoyed seeing the Aether Foundation once again, and I remember thinking that Nuikoguma would be caught by Musashi when this episode was first announced. Of course Musashi failed to do that, but I was also surprised when we found out that the Nuikoguma was actually the offspring of that meddlesome Kiteruguma.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Jessie or James should have gotten Stufful. I know that it's Bewear's kid, but since Bewear freaking loves TRio any ways then I don't think she would have minded if her child was captured by them. Stufful's so adorable omg.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Its probably not important and possibly a translation thing but in the english dub, I do not recall Jigglypuffs gender being specifically defined. Mostly I think because it first appeared in the show way back before Pokemon had genders. (um, in the games?) I could be 100% mistaken though.