• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Well, we're starting to reach the homestretch in BW and Team Rocket are kinda middle road right now. I'm not simply sure what to make of them anymore for the time being with what info we have regarding the Da! season. They've been ping-ponging back and forth between demeanors for quite some time now. What are your thoughts?

I wish they could remain extremely competent and powerful villains who have their funny moments. I think OS is a good example of this. They were goofy but you could still take them seriously to a degree. I would also like the organization to continue to play a large role if they do stay for Generation 6.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
I really want them to be like they were before episode N but right now it seems like they are slowly going back to their DP versions. I am still hoping that near the end of BW we get some grand finale with Giovanni and the TRio being serious and competent again, but from what we have seen from DA, nothing seems to indicate that.

Last edited:
I find it all kind of strange that Iris and Cilan are going back to Kanto even though it seems like they are leaving. Could it be that the writers were looking for a way to get Iris and Cilan to go near the location of TR headquarters for the finale?

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Unless the writers thought that the Meloetta arc was the end of their operations featuring Zager and Giovanni. Right now it feels like they are creeping back to the old ways, if it wasnt for the seriousness of the N arc it probably would have happened a lot faster. We'll see what happens hopefully at least their current conflict with Plasma goes out on a high.

Unless the writers thought that the Meloetta arc was the end of their operations featuring Zager and Giovanni. Right now it feels like they are creeping back to the old ways, if it wasnt for the seriousness of the N arc it probably would have happened a lot faster. We'll see what happens hopefully at least their current conflict with Plasma goes out on a high.

I think how they act in DA will determine how they act in Generation 6.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Right now it feels like they are creeping back to the old ways, if it wasnt for the seriousness of the N arc it probably would have happened a lot faster. We'll see what happens hopefully at least their current conflict with Plasma goes out on a high.

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. It seems like it's just Meowth though, let's see how the Plasma plot plays out before jumping the gun on things.

I'm not sure what I'll do if we get DP-style Rockets or what my reaction will be.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Well at least they tried something different in BW and seems like it was either liked or hated pretty evenly.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't really like them too much either way, but I just want then to be either all one way or the other. I either want to see them be like AG , or all out how they were early on BW.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well, we're starting to reach the homestretch in BW and Team Rocket are kinda middle road right now. I'm not simply sure what to make of them anymore for the time being with what info we have regarding the Da! season. They've been ping-ponging back and forth between demeanors for quite some time now. What are your thoughts?

They are turning in what they were pre BW, DA will be the final change and they are back into plot device for every episode in X and Y.

diakyu

They are turning in what they were pre BW, DA will be the final change and they are back into plot device for every episode in X and Y.
What have I done to deserve this?

Don't know... Rocket dan has been ping ponging like you said. I personally think they should just pick an angle and run with it. I think they changed their demeanor in Ep N a little because some fans didn't like the change from BW. Fine but then others are going to remember. Me, personally, I want them back to how they were in AG/DP but they need to just be consistent.

If they come back in gen 6.... I'm not sure how they are going to be.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
What would be the point in the writers using TR as Pikachu fodder every episode in XY?

Because it's so funny lol and they have so much personality!!!!!1111

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know I complained about them being too serious and boring during most of BW, but I think their inconsistent personalities as of late are even worse. I mean at least they were predictable for a while and we all sort of knew how they'd act, but recently it's been really hard to understand their mindset. It's like the writers don't know how to handle the Team Rocket trio; they want to show that they're competent while also being funny, but it's not working. There's no balance, just inconsistent behavior. If they're not going to write Team Rocket out of the show, then what are they planning to do with them? Just revert them to their old selves completely and hope that no one questions the change?

It's weird. Do they blast off or do they use jetpacks? Do they still work under Zager and Giovanni, or are they doing this under their own accord? Ahh it's so confusing.

What was the point of doing it from Kanto to Sinnoh? being lazy and not actually making plots for episodes.

but then this anime is known not to have a plot... something that most fans want.

It's weird. Do they blast off or do they use jetpacks?

both as of now

Do they still work under Zager and Giovanni, or are they doing this under their own accord? Ahh it's so confusing.

Haven't seen Zegeru since OT and Sakaki was headed to Kanto. So I am not sure. So I'll joined the confused party.

I like TR but I can't understand what they're even doing in the show still I mean come on they keep switching their attitudes and it's hard to know what to expect from them. I wish they would go back to their old selfs instead of being bipolar like they are now.

but then this anime is known not to have a plot... something that most fans want.

both as of now

Haven't seen Zegeru since OT and Sakaki was headed to Kanto. So I am not sure. So I'll joined the confused party.

Zegeru and Sakaki?? How come some people keep using japanese names to confuse other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.