• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I wish they'd just go away...I'm sick of them.Same with Ash and Pikachu...

both as of now

Haven't seen Zegeru since OT and Sakaki was headed to Kanto. So I am not sure. So I'll joined the confused party.
I know, but I'm talking about how they're completely inconsistent.

Arceusgamer14

I hope there will be a Finale for TR after DA, like the final battle with Team Rocket before Ash heads to the XY region.
I just Want Ash & Pikachu and his Two to Four New friends to be the only main characters and just have fun adventures without having TR ruin the fun in anime like they did in the past Four Sagas.
Anybody got a feeling that BW seem to look like Team Rocket's Swansong. The writers must of knew it was time for TR to leave as well and they want it to go out with a bang.
It would make also make the XY saga more fun to watch (Hopefully it's the spiritual successor of AG, I really want the writers to go back to Four Main Protagonists and have a new female trainer like May & Dawn)

nuzamaki90

No matter how much you guys say "I just want TR to leave", they won't ever leave. The day TR's story is over is the day the final episode of the anime ends.

TRio have appeared in more episodes than any other character of Pokemon besides Ash and Pikachu. They've been with Ash and Pikachu longer than Brock and Misty. Jessie, James, and Meowth are like older siblings to Ash and Pikachu. Even though they obviously hate each other, they've pushed their differences aside to help each other when they're in a time of need.

Saying you want the TRio to leave is basically saying you want Ash and Pikachu to leave, and even though some of you do, you gotta realize its just not happening.

^ True. I personally don't want them to leave. I love their funny moments but then I do realize that they will changed overtime.

RocketToTheMoon

I have to agree with Gothitelle: I had no problem with the way they were in AG and DP. I'm not begging for hate by admitting that; I'm a diehard TRio fan, and will love them always no matter what. The way they've been acting in Episode N is, as Cilan would probably say, a harmonious and tasteful blend of humor and seriousness. If you're going to make them more competent, you have to remember not to bleach out their personalities--and I'm not talking about making them robots; I'm talking about keeping in mind that these characters have certain personality traits that they just aren't the same without. So kudos to the writers for making this Rocket fan extremely pleased.

I have to agree with Gothitelle: I had no problem with the way they were in AG and DP. I'm not begging for hate by admitting that; I'm a diehard TRio fan, and will love them always no matter what. The way they've been acting in Episode N is, as Cilan would probably say, a harmonious and tasteful blend of humor and seriousness. If you're going to make them more competent, you have to remember not to bleach out their personalities--and I'm not talking about making them robots; I'm talking about keeping in mind that these characters have certain personality traits that they just aren't the same without. So kudos to the writers for making this Rocket fan extremely pleased.
No ones going to hate for liking DP/AG, though it's not a common opinion here. But I agree with everything here. :]

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
but then this anime is known not to have a plot... something that most fans want.

Try watching something like K-ON!! and then claim this doesn't have a plot.

Seriously?

... and then I have every right to use any name I want.

Yeah, and "Zegeru" isn't his name. If you stopped inventing your own translations in an attempt to be cute, people might take you more seriously.

RocketToTheMoon said:

So again I must ask: character development is a bad thing now? Because whether you like it or not they didn't become "different" characters as some so much want to believe.

Would it be bad if Ash actually became a Pokemon Master, because one of his 'personality traits' is that he really wants to become one?

Last edited:

RocketToTheMoon

Gothitelle K said:
No ones going to hate for liking DP/AG, though it's not a common opinion here. But I agree with everything here. :]
I was trying to avoid another blazing argument with the disclaimer ^^;

I don't want them to leave either. Like nuzamaki90 said, they've been around since the very beginning, and the show just isn't the same without them. When they leave for good, the show will end. Same with Ash winning a league.
...Or so I hope.

I don't want them to leave either. Like nuzamaki90 said, they've been around since the very beginning, and the show just isn't the same without them. When they leave for good, the show will end. Same with Ash winning a league.
...Or so I hope.

Yeah, I guess that TR will leave once Satoshi wins a league. [But then pigs will fly.]

...Or so I hope.

I don't know. They weren't in a lot of episodes in BW and the show still felt the same to me except this time it felt fresher and less repetitive.

Yeah, I guess that TR will leave once Satoshi wins a league. [But then pigs will fly.]

Satoshi? Don't you mean Asharooroo?

Last edited:

RocketToTheMoon

Gothitelle K said:
It's not really that they will leave, more like the show will just end. I'm pretty sure they'll stick around until the very last episode (which will probably be like an epilogue of sorts, attempting a last-ditch effort at trying off all the loose ends that have accumulated throughout all of the seasons).

Pokemaniac24 said:
I don't know. They weren't in a lot of episodes in BW and the show still felt the same to me except this time it felt fresher and less repetitive.
Are you referring to Episode N by "this time"?

It's not really that they will leave, more like the show will just end. I'm pretty sure they'll stick around until the very last episode (which will probably be like an epilogue of sorts, attempting a last-ditch effort at trying off all the loose ends that have accumulated throughout all of the seasons).

Are you referring to Episode N by "this time"?

I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.

Yeah, look at the episode that aired today in the dub (the Axew getting lost in the League episode) as an example. It was actually a lot less painful to watch than a similar episode in DP would have been purely on the virtue of Team Rocket not being responsible.

RocketToTheMoon

Pokemaniac24 said:
I don't know about it being more fresh, but I must admit that it's less repetitive. Though, that might be partially due to the facts that 1) Zager and Giovanni had a lot of screentime, 2) the TRio went through a dramatic wiping-of-the-slate, only to have the slate redrawn on two seasons later, and 3) they saved N and the Plasma plot until very late in the arc. They introduced new things in each season, and had some pretty good subplots involving Team Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.