• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about it being more fresh, but I must admit that it's less repetitive. Though, that might be partially due to the facts that 1) Zager and Giovanni had a lot of screentime, 2) the TRio went through a dramatic wiping-of-the-slate, only to have the slate redrawn on two seasons later, and 3) they saved N and the Plasma plot until very late in the arc. They introduced new things in each season, and had some pretty good subplots involving Team Rocket.

You felt Zager and Giovanni got a lot of screen time? Honestly, I think they should have gotten more than they did.

RocketToTheMoon

Pokemaniac24 said:
You felt Zager and Giovanni got a lot of screen time? Honestly, I think they should have gotten more than they did.
I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?

It's not confirmed one way or the other. We really don't know much at all.

It hasn't been confirmed either way but I doubt he is. I would think they would promote it by now. Giovanni should have came back 20 or 30 episodes earlier than he did. Maybe episode 60 or 70. He didn't have to have an arc but they should have shown what he has been up to. I also think Giovanni and Zager should have appeared at least a few times in Episode N. The problem I had always had with TR's handling in the anime is that TRio gets so much screen time and the other members are hardly seen. I like the TRio and I understand why they are getting the most screen time but sometimes I feel like they get too much at the expense of other characters.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.

IMO, nope. Rephrase, BW is fresh and less repetitive, but it has the worst battles I've ever seen.

Anyways, TR is kind of in middle-ground right now. It's between goofy and serious. The tip could go to any sides. They've already blasted off in Episode N, who knows if they'll return to being goofy? I personally wouldn't mind that. I like comedic TR, people who are good guys but with bad intentions. I dunno, it's just my childhood acting up or my bias-for-DP acting up.

Meh.

RocketToTheMoon

The Great Butler said:
It's not confirmed one way or the other. We really don't know much at all.
Hm. I guess it all depends on whether or not this is the Mewtwo. As far as the anime goes, I always thought he was the only Mewtwo...unless I've missed something there.

Pokemaniac24 said:
It hasn't been confirmed either way but I doubt he is. I would think they would promote it by now. Giovanni should have came back 20 or 30 episodes earlier than he did. Maybe episode 60 or 70. He didn't have to have an arc but they should have shown what he has been up to. I also think Giovanni and Zager should have appeared at least a few times in Episode N. The problem I had always had with TR's handling in the anime is that TRio gets so much screen time and the other members are hardly seen.
Now that I think about it, it's probably unlikely that he will be in the movie. You've got a point about them promoting it; his face would probably be all over the website by now.

That's true, but it wouldn't be practical to give all of TR equal screentime. That would lead little room for character development.

That's true, but it wouldn't be practical to give all of TR equal screentime. That would lead little room for character development.

There is no way Giovanni and the other non TRio members would get equal screen time than the TRio but I feel like some members on TR got too little screen time and no development at all.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Hm. I guess it all depends on whether or not this is the Mewtwo. As far as the anime goes, I always thought he was the only Mewtwo...unless I've missed something there.

That much has already been confirmed - Ash recognizes Mewtwo in the trailer, and there's this:

Kunihiko Yuyama said:
When you think about the Myuutwo from the first movie, "Myuutwo Strikes Back," you think about lines like "Who am I?" and how there was this running theme of Myuutwo wondering about itself and how it relates to the world around it.

The Myuutwo in this film has actually gone out into the world and has expanded its worldview. It's started to be concerned about the world and about others around it, and when you compare it to the previous Myuutwo, you'll definitely feel like it's gotten past one of its limitations.

This Myuutwo is not the same Myuutwo from the first movie. What part will this Myuutwo, who's actually gone out into the world, play in this movie?

There's no way for another Mewtwo to exist (unless Dr. Yung returns) so the "this Mewtwo" is clearly referring to how Mewtwo is now after his travels. His personality's changed because of what he's learned about the world.

RocketToTheMoon

Pokemaniac24 said:
There is no way Giovanni and the other non TRio members would get equal screen time than the TRio but I feel like some members on TR got too little screen time and no development at all.
A select few other members should have, or should, get more screentime, sure. A few examples being Giovanni, Domino, and, some of my favorites, Butch and Cassidy. I'm agreeing with you there.

OceanicLanturn said:
Anyways, TR is kind of in middle-ground right now. It's between goofy and serious. The tip could go to any sides. They've already blasted off in Episode N, who knows if they'll return to being goofy? I personally wouldn't mind that. I like comedic TR, people who are good guys but with bad intentions. I dunno, it's just my childhood acting up or my bias-for-DP acting up.
I dunno about you, but I like them better in middle ground than at one extreme or another. Some may say that it makes it hard to really focus on their personalities, but staying in neutral territory is going to please more people than having them be dramatically goofy or serious. However, I've always liked them no matter what. BW was a massive shock to me, but I eventually got used to it.

EDIT:
@The Great Butler
Thank you. I was pretty sure, but I never saw that. :)

@Gothitelle K
I said "Gio", as in Giovanni. Of course the TRio will be in it; they were in the trailer. xD

Last edited:
Giovanni is definitely the big one that comes to mind as far as TR members who need more screen time. I would love to see an episode centered around Giovanni and his backstory. That would be really cool.

@Gothitelle K
I said "Gio", as in Giovanni. Of course the TRio will be in it; they were in the trailer. xD

I hope she misread it XD I mean Giovanni being in most movies would be awesome but outside of the first movie and Mewtwo Returns (which is considered a special, not a movie) did he ever appear. I know he was mentioned in other movies.

RocketToTheMoon

Too bad Chronicles have pretty much been abandoned in favor of Pikachu shorts. Most of them were really good, in particular Training Daze. *shoves inner RocketShipper away*
But really, the Chronicles have so much potential. They could really be used to give us the character development/closure we need for a lot of characters.

Too bad Chronicles have pretty much been abandoned in favor of Pikachu shorts. Most of them were really good, in particular Training Daze. *shoves inner RocketShipper away*
But really, the Chronicles have so much potential. They could really be used to give us the character development/closure we need for a lot of characters.

I definitely welcome another Chronicles where we could see what May/Dawn/Misty/Gary/Paul/Drew/etc are up to as well as learn more about current characters like Zager, the Junipers and Giovanni.

I knew you were talking about Sakaki XD

I said that if Team Rocket is in every movie, then he might appear.

But by that logic, Giovanni should have had speaking roles in the majority of films because TRio had speaking roles in the majority of the films but he didn't. You know?

RocketToTheMoon

Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense.

But he hasn't been in any movie other than the first, so TR being in the 16th doesn't really mean anything in regards to him. The only thing of significance about this movie that relates directly to him is Mewtwo having a starring role.

Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense.

But he hasn't been in any movie other than the first, so TR being in the 16th doesn't really mean anything in regards to him. The only thing of significance about this movie that relates directly to him is Mewtwo having a starring role.

That might seem interesting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket should just go away already, I'm not a fan of either BW or the comedic Trio at all. I feel that they became pointless characters after Johto and were not needed after that, and now they just hog the screentime and take it away from the other villians, even BW Team Rocket hogs the screentime imo. This series would have been WAY better if Team Rocket wasn't in BW at all and we got BW1 Team Plasma as the main villains for this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.