• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
as much as i liked the competent and serious team rocket, their inconsistency in personailties is worse than having them be used for plot device in every episode. at least i got a taste of their serious side in BW so i'll be fine with whatever treatment they get in XY as long as it's consistent. they'res some of my favorite characters but i'm not sure i'd mind them getting written off either; although i don't think that's going to happen :p

FlyAsADunsparce

I don't know, I'm actually kinda fine with Team Rocket right now. Even though I liked their seriousness and black uniforms a lot, I gotta say I also liked Team Rocket when the whole Jesselina thing was going on (I liked her doing contests, not all the goofiness, because that was becoming very lame). Right now I don't know what direction they're headed but last episode with Colress they seemed competent and pretty strong, so they're not back to their old goofy selves just yet. I like that Woobat, Yamask, Frillish and Amoonguss are actually strong and capable of winning and knocking out other pokémon, and it seems like the TRio as Team Rocket Grunts are acually more competent than the Team Plasma Grunts. I gotta say I'm cool with Team Rocket as they presented themselves last episode, so if the writers just went with that for a while and be consistent in their personalities, would be the best thing probably.

Last edited:

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I actually miss silly Team Rocket and their blast offs. I wonder if they'll go back to their old ways in the next islands saga.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I'm cool with the present Team Rocket. They look more like a villanious team now compared to the cheesy one in the past.

Yeah the different blast offs were funny lol
(I liked the ones where they held hands while doing so)

Ditto. I miss them as silly idiots myself. Hopefully whatever they are in X and Y (if they don't leave, that is, this saga), their personalities remain consistent.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ditto. I miss them as silly idiots myself. Hopefully whatever they are in X and Y (if they don't leave, that is, this saga), their personalities remain consistent.

I hope not. Either they can just be replaced with actual villians that will be able to accomplish something or they can stay serious. Because the whole "blasting but not blasting off" thing is not what I'm enjoying right not.

I hope not. Either they can just be replaced with actual villians that will be able to accomplish something or they can stay serious. Because the whole "blasting but not blasting off" thing is not what I'm enjoying right not.

Oh, I'm not enjoying them either in BW. It's too inconsistent. Would've rather they stayed serious for the duration of this saga (even if I didn't like them that much, they weren't in every episode, which is a plus). XD.

I agree. I think that the writers didn't have to change their personalities in order for them to do their work. But that's what I believe.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I agree. I think that the writers didn't have to change their personalities in order for them to do their work. But that's what I believe.

Yes, they did. Could you honestly picture the old Team Rocket stealing the Meteonite from the museum? Instead of just taking it like they did it would be a long, idiotic 'plan' involving stupid disguises and moronic mistakes just like when they tried to take the Adamant Orb... for Team Galactic, I might add.

Yeah, consider that for a second before you romanticize DP to the point of thinking they could be stupid and competent at the same time: their so-called 'comedy' was considered so important then that they actually betrayed Team Rocket to help Team Galactic for no reason.

Yes, they did. Could you honestly picture the old Team Rocket stealing the Meteonite from the museum? Instead of just taking it like they did it would be a long, idiotic 'plan' involving stupid disguises and moronic mistakes just like when they tried to take the Adamant Orb... for Team Galactic, I might add.

Yeah, consider that for a second before you romanticize DP to the point of thinking they could be stupid and competent at the same time: their so-called 'comedy' was considered so important then that they actually betrayed Team Rocket to help Team Galactic for no reason.

Butler, why are you making me laugh so much here? I do agree they'd be incompetent as hell and end up failing miserably trying to get the Meteonite if they were their pre-BW selves.

The fact they don't use those cheap mustaches and stuff IS better with BW TRio, as is the presence of Dr. Zager, and their competence.

Other than that, though, I lean towards the stupid, silly TRio. Not the DP one in particular, but in general, I mean.

BW TRio...I don't know who they are anymore. First, they were really serious. Now, they're serious and funny. It's the dramatic shift in personality I'm shocked by, I guess.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Interesting, TR stole the information that Team Plasma uses to frenzy and control Pokemon. Well, the possibility of a TR organization arc. in Kanto does seem like more of a possibility to me now.

Interesting, TR stole the information that Team Plasma uses to frenzy and control Pokemon. Well, the possibility of a TR organization arc. in Kanto does seem like more of a possibility to me now.

Sounds pretty interesting, actually. One of the few things I don't like about BW is the way TRio has turned out. Maybe this may help me to appreciate them more.

Could you honestly picture the old Team Rocket stealing the Meteonite from the museum? I

To be honest, no.

BW TRio...I don't know who they are anymore. First, they were really serious. Now, they're serious and funny. It's the dramatic shift in personality I'm shocked by, I guess.

I think they should have stuck with in between like in Episode N.

Status
Not open for further replies.