• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket trio is Silly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knux-the-killer

I remember when many people said that their serious personality until now sucks and were missing their incompetent treats.
Now they are back.
Happy now?
Well....I will miss the serious badass team rocket. Hope they aren't totally dead for now on.

RickHoenn

Banned
Isn't their new mission to find Giovanni? and now the mysterious secretary giving orders to them. I don't think they're going back to their old ways.

Teshub

Banned
Well....I will miss the serious badass team rocket. Hope they aren't totally dead for now on.

What did the "badass" Team Rocket actually do that they can show for it?

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
indeed, i liked seeing a more serious Team Rocket. Hopefully the writters will balance their sillyness with the new seriousness a bit instead of a total fallback into their old selves.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
'Bout time. I don't mind if Team Rocket stays with serious missions, as I find that to be better than them just trying to steal random Pokemon in the face of certain failure, but they just need to return to their more comedic, light-hearted personality. Here's to the good ole days!

team rocket4ever

Does this mean the new task Find Giovanni? Or not

I nearly squeed in happieness when i saw the return of the white outfits. Maybe that's how they are normally, but when they go sleeper cell agent mode they have the black ones (Another black & White reference at that!)

gliscor&yanmega

I'd say they'll be more in the middle now.

They wont be complete jokes, but wont be totally serious all the time either. More like they were in the beginning of Best Wishes.

Till I see them blasting off all the time, they aren't the same old Team Rocket to me.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Someone's over reacting a bit. :)

As much as I want TRio to return to the way they were before, a costume change doesn't mean I've got my wish. They are just wearing their old uniforms, is all. They haven't blasted off yet or said anything funny yet.

We have to wait a few episodes to see if they have changed or not. Plus, episode scans for episode 33 show TR with their advance equipement violently trapping an LGM. That sounds like serious TR to me.

I was wrong; thoughts on page two.

Last edited:

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
I like the fact that they are silly once again, but it seems pointless even for them to steal pokemon if they cant give them to Giovanni, since if i get it right, Giovanni is missing.
And..... yay its Yamask time!

Kustem

Stylish knight
if they get the clowness back,,,i will be a complete waste of 23 episodes, i mean magicaly omg they are serious and badass later,,,in the same way they are clowns,,,so what can i wait from the writters now if they cant stay firm in they decisions?

rocky505

Thank you PC for ruining Best Wishes! The first 23 episodes were great with no (Hand over that Pikachu) every freaking episode. But now you have to ruin it :( If you want TR to keep going after Pikachu then make them go back to Kanto and to the Viridian Forest and let them find one!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Where exactly was it confirmed that Team Rocket won't be serious anymore? I'm just curious because I haven't heard anything of the sort. I guess that's my own fault for not paying close attention to the anime these days, but I'd like to see some confirmation anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Thank you GF for ruining Best Wishes! The first 23 episodes were great with no (Hand over that Pikachu) every freaking episode. But now you have to ruin it :( If you want TR to keep going after Pikachu then make them go back to Kanto and to the Viridian Forest and let them find one!

GF as in Game Freak? If so then what does Game Freak have to do with the anime?

Last edited:

Brandon00151

I hope they are somewhere in between their serious and silly sleves,and only appear every other episode AT MOST and run into Ash every 5-10 episodes that they do appear, And their "blast offs" ONLY consist of them using a smoke bomb or some other type of diversion to escape .

Teshub

Banned
By silly it is meant unfunny. Team Rocket was never supposed to be a seriously threatening criminal org. Even in the original games they had big plans but poor execution.
As part of the main cast, the TRio will always possess some "humanity" unlike villains such as Hunter J. Even in their serious state they seemed like sophomores playing an act to please their master.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I think the team rocket rtrio have sorta been put on hiatus regading their seriousness. Giovanni is 'missing', the trio are on their own and they are receiving orders from the secretary. They are just showing some emotion which is fine, they are still delivering orders but are making themselves stronger because now they are on their own. I think the reason why James hadn't captured a pokemon until now is that the trio were with all the scientists and Flint, they weren't battling anybody and they weren't making any serious confrontations either. They had their technology and machines which were enough. But after the events of ep 23 and 24, I can safely say that team rocket have been hit badly by team plasma. We know the serious them will be back because we saw the ep 33 scans.
They aren't acting 'silly' again, they are being normal human beings. Don't worry about them not going serious again because they will. The ep 33 scans prove this

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Where exactly was it confirmed that Team Rocket won't be serious anymore? I'm just curious because I haven't heard anything of the sort. I guess that's my own fault for not paying close attention to the anime these days, but I'd like to see some confirmation anyway, just to be on the safe side.

It wasn't; TRio made a short appearence in today's Japanese episode wearing their white uniforms. Everone else blows it out of proportion thinking they are silly again , which they are not (though I wish they were). All we know is that Giovanni is missing and TRio are going to look for him while trying to catch Pikachu on the side. (For the record, TRio were trying to catch Pikachu at the begginning of BW before they were assigned to steal the meteorite).

Remember everyone, we should wait a few episodes before we jump to conclusions (even though conclusion-jumping is my favorite sport).

I was wrong; thoughts on page two.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
That was a nice little intro they did there before getting Yamask..But why did they re-use their Sinnoh Saga Theme? (unless they really are going back D: )

I don't want them to go back to being comic relief after such a short time(in comparison), but I guess that would be alright with Team Plasma being more relevant in the story..

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
You are not getting the 'good ole days' back. Ever. What you're getting is a return to the unbearable, formulaic idiocy of Hoenn and Sinnoh where they still had zero personality.

Anyone who cannot see that after what happened today - a reaffirmation of their obsession with Pikachu, a ridiculously overwrought motto for no reason, a pity capture of Yamask that was Cacnea's capture minus a pulse, and their silly cheering afterward - is in denial about what the return of the white uniforms symbolizes.

Giovanni is not missing. The secretary told them that he's too busy to talk to them and ordered them to do their best on their own - an explicit return to what they did before.

I'm ashamed I ever thought these writers could ever do anything new... so much for the 'new beeginning,' this is the same old thing as before. Disgraceful.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
I'm so glad to see Team Rocket back to their old selves.

And James got a Yamask, awesome. I swear that guy always gets my favorite Pokemon. ./'

Good to have you back guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.