• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket trio is Silly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
We have no idea if they are serious or comedic now.

I don't know, I thought they were acting pretty comedic in that scene from today's episode. Granted, it wasn't a very long scene but I really think they're going to revert back to being in the show for comedic purposes. Do I like it? Yes and no. I disliked Team Rocket when they were serious since they felt sort of hollow, so having the quirky Team Rocket back seems pretty cool. However, now that they seem to be funny again I can't help but think of how the English dub is going to be affected. I almost feel like the guy in charge of writing Team Rocket's lines in the dub called the producers and asked them to change Team Rocket's personalities again. You know, just so that he'd be able to give them tons of chessy lines again. Oh the horror!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So are you agreeing with me or not? We both seem to agree that Jessie didn't win either of those Ribbons. Is the former only cheating because its James first cross dressing act in years?

The Ribbon James won was while he was impersonating someone who he is not, and it was never confessed or revealed in any way.

Though, now that I actually remember that episode, you are right - Salvia was the exact same problem.

When you think about it, none of these roles are very important. They don't contribute much to the movies anymore, and any parts they have now are small and could have been replaced or rewritten. I did forget that they stole Pikachu in 6, though.

Phoning Phantom was pretty important. That movie would have had even less plot than it actually did if he never found them.

If you say so. Is Pikachu only allowed to be stolen because Ash stopped some of her plans?

Pikachu being stolen doesn't really affect whether or not anyone else is captured. Meowth probably still would have been caught anyway.

To me, those gadgets looked like the ones they could get from HQ. Goofy TR's gadgets usually look either extremely plain or extrodinary.

The design of the gadgets is such a minor point that it really doesn't speak much on its own about them. Some of those robots were pretty clever.

In BW02, Jessie used Woobat to battle while still acting competent. In Bw06 it was used to escape via gust attack. Perhaps Yamask just throws a few attacks as a distraction, or uses attacks for non-battling purposes.

That is possible. I'm just not expecting it.

Princess vs Princess, Go west Young Meowth, Holy Matrimony, and Ignorance is Blissy. All good episodes that focus on TRio's pre-Team Rocket history, while they are funny and competent. But why choose these? TR got some good episodes outside of the nostalga filter zone, and Sinnoh didn't start to drag until Post-Snowpoint City. You must remember how Johto wasn't exactly the shortest season either.

They were the first five that came to mind and made the best example. I agree they weren't great in Johto either really, though I'd probably add the fortune telling episode to that list at least.

We all have our oppinions, and feel sorry that you lost your serious TR, as you really don't seem to like funny TR. Although I myself have low oppinions of the writters these days, they can be quite clever when they want to be. Perhaps the writers will try to combine the two TRios: make them act competent when on a mission, but still retain their Pre-BW personalities and mannerisms. I would have no problem with such a compromise.

We don't even know if they will get another mission. This episode today jumped through hoops to justify them going back to the exact same situation they were in, complete with Giovanni being a non-presence who is largely irrelevant. Old TR got so bad toward the end of DP that I wanted to claw my eyes and ears out every time they showed up. I don't know if I can keep watching if that comes back, especially because I watch the dub.

I also feel very disrespected as a viewer. It's clear they had every intention of doing this from the start, so the buildup to new Team Rocket with new members and important missions - you think we're going to see Flint or Seger again? - was a deliberate troll all along. Everyone who became interested and liked what was done had no hope for their interests from the very beginning. Why should anyone get interested in anything when they likely will just delete it in favor of a reset to the status quo again?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As long as Team Rocket doesn't start talking or singing in rhymes, I'll be ok with it

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
This news makes me happy!

I really found the few episodes that I have already seen is that Team Rocket really isn't the BA type. This really is following the Kanto season in trends of Ash meeting a Gym leader without knowing it and Team Rocket going between good and bad.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I generally thought TR were funny till around Battle Frontier. I don't know if it was because of 4kids or not, but I thought TR still had some very funny moments in Hoenn. Jessie beating the crap out of Seviper, James crying everytime Jessie used Chimecho/Mime Jr. in a contest, etc.

Then again I can say the same for Brock, really.

I'd say both TR and Brock stopped being fun characters somewhere between the Hoenn and Battle Frontier transition. And no, its not because of the dub change either.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Everyone is forgetting the f'n dub team rocket was better in the dub then the raw at being badass and now that they have improved especially jimmy there going back to there old ways ruining all that devolopement why writers why?? I dont wanna see stupid team rocket anymore i hate uuu

Would you stop whining like a five year old who can't get his candy?

In case you haven't noticed but new TR was just an act, they were only badass because of them trying to be serious for Giovanni

This "development" was nothing more than them acting.

What's happened, happened

and as far as you know, this could only be temporary

Oh and the dub thing? That's your opinion, not fact

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
In case you haven't noticed but new TR was just an act, they were only badass because of them trying to be serious for Giovanni

Being competent was just something being turned on and off?

I guess it was just too much to ask for, you know, PLOT to be developed once in a while, instead of mindless, forgettable, unfunny jokes that do nothing but derail the episode. Have any of you noticed how much actually gets done with Ash now that Team Rocket doesn't interrupt everything?

and as far as you know, this could only be temporary

Then the white uniforms wouldn't have come back. They wouldn't have redesigned them a second time if it wasn't for good.

Last edited:

Brandon00151

Unfortunately for some us I think that the "serious" Team Rocket and the Meteorite stuff was just to give TR something to do and hopefully they're not gone and don't go back to their silly selves completely and stay somewhat serious. I guess we'll know for sure if the Meowth Balloon returns .

lolipiece

Staff member
1. so your saying they only acted to be good and they purposly stuff up for no apparent reason UMM STUPID MUCH??

2. after 13 years of ruining every episode except the first 4 seasons' they finally become compitant which was a fresh new change and now they have changed to there booring selves who ruin every episode!!

3. i think there was development seeing as since when was the last time team rocket was actually competent? they accomplished more in the first 24 bw episodes then there whole 13 year run

4. i will never accept this and i have quit watching the raw until they are returned to there better selves i will watch the dub until episode 24 then thats it

5. IT BETTER BE TEMPORARY

and the worse thing to happen was when the diamond and pearl music hit!!!! that ruined the whole black and white series and the whole episode

EPISODE 25 WILL GO DOWN AS THE WORST EPISODE IN POKEMON HISTORY

1. From what I can actually read from that sentence, yes, it was an act.

2. Opinion

3. You got me there.....buuuuuuuuut....

4. Whatever

5. Have some patience

aaaaaand opinion....

lolipiece

Staff member
One little thing doesn't make it ruined forever

We're barely 1/8 of the season in

RickHoenn

Banned
I generally thought TR were funny till around Battle Frontier. I don't know if it was because of 4kids or not, but I thought TR still had some very funny moments in Hoenn. Jessie beating the crap out of Seviper, James crying everytime Jessie used Chimecho/Mime Jr. in a contest, etc.

Then again I can say the same for Brock, really.

I'd say both TR and Brock stopped being fun characters somewhere between the Hoenn and Battle Frontier transition. And no, its not because of the dub change either.

I agree!!! since DP started they were really DRY! reaaaaaaaally stale, I just cannot believe it, I changed the channel everytime they were talking.

Being serious I appreciated them more but I don't mind them being comedic again (altough I'd like a mix) :p

I liked Brock in DP IDK him and Ash kept the series alive for me. but in Hoenn and even Battle Frontier Team Rocket didn't annoy me with their antics.

WOW at POKEMON's meltdown and signature! @_@

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I agree!!! since DP started they were really DRY! reaaaaaaaally stale, I just cannot believe it, I changed the channel everytime they were talking.

Being serious I appreciated them more but I don't mind them being comedic again (altough I'd like a mix) :p

I liked Brock in DP IDK him and Ash kept the series alive for me. but in Hoenn and even Battle Frontier Team Rocket didn't annoy me with their antics.

WOW at POKEMON's meltdown and signature! @_@

say what you want but your gonna be crying when team rocket interrupts every episode and pikachu sends them blasting with a thunderbolt ruining the whole plot of the episode

lolipiece

Staff member
say what you want but your gonna be crying when team rocket interrupts every episode and pikachu sends them blasting with a thunderbolt ruining the whole plot of the episode

Yes, but until then

We sit, wait, and not overreact

*Reads your sig*
You want the writers to die....

What is wrong with you!?

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
when i ment die i ment die of anticpation of ... ah yes i do :p they ruined the best thing in the show other then piplup leaving

lolipiece

Staff member
You know, instead of complaining, you could stop watching the show if it's "ruined forever"...

RickHoenn

Banned

I think the writers will make them not appear in every episode. That's what been happening in this series. Everything else we're talking is pure speculation, we don't know what's next for them and we'll have to wait and see. >_>

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
How stupid can the writers be!@@@ why bring back the old team rocket omfg my hate for the show has reached an all time high you have wasted development omfg omfg bhjschddfdf i cant believe this i hated the old team rocket and those white uniforms sucks arhhhhhhhhh
For the last time this does not mean that they are going back to being the Diamond and Pearl Team Rocket. I am still certain they're going for the balance between serious and funny. Also the white uniforms don't suck it is just a shame that after waiting for them to get new clothes for so long they get rid of them before Best Wishes ends.

Everyone is forgetting the f'n dub team rocket was better in the dub then the raw at being badass and now that they have improved especially jimmy there going back to there old ways ruining all that devolopement why writers why?? I dont wanna see stupid team rocket anymore i hate uuu
We can't really forget something that wasn't true though can we? I loved the 4Kids Team Rocket as much as the next longtime fan but it was because of their comedy they we loved them. The new dub Team Rocket consist of a mediocre Jessie, a Meowth that can't ever compare to Maddie's Meowth and a James whose voice makes my ears hurt every time he speaks so you can't mean them.

1. so your saying they only acted to be good and they purposly stuff up for no apparent reason UMM STUPID MUCH??
They acted that way because they were promoted, had better equipment and were confident. People claim their personalities changed but that was not the case and this episode proves that. They were focused on their work.

2. after 13 years of ruining every episode except the first 4 seasons' they finally become compitant which was a fresh new change and now they have changed to there booring selves who ruin every episode!!
See the begining of this reply. Also you are complaining about ONE scene. Until at least five episodes have aired you have no reason to be so certain this is the case.

3. i think there was development seeing as since when was the last time team rocket was actually competent? they accomplished more in the first 24 bw episodes then there whole 13 year run
A few times actually. There was an episode in Johto where James showed skill as a trainer by beating Ash with rented Pokemon. There was the time James won second place in the Hoenn PokéRinger and when he won the Pokémon Orienteering event. Jessie making it to the top four of the Sinnoh grand festival is also note worthy.

4. i will never accept this and i have quit watching the raw until they are returned to there better selves i will watch the dub until episode 24 then thats it
Words cannot express how stupid this statement is.

and the worse thing to happen was when the diamond and pearl music hit!!!! that ruined the whole black and white series and the whole episode
How? It was a nice throwback and a sign that there will be more music from previous series in future episodes. In fact I think it was great because it help to kill the "it's a reboot with nothing from the previous series" theory which I am so sick of people using as an argument. Also even if this was a bad thing it wouldn't be enough to ruin the show.

EPISODE 25 WILL GO DOWN AS THE WORST EPISODE IN POKEMON HISTORY
No it won't. The Gym battle was great.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
In the Unova episodes, Team Rocket seem quite serious,

I mean, they're not so funny anymore ...

I wonder why ...

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
We don't even know if they will get another mission. This episode today jumped through hoops to justify them going back to the exact same situation they were in, complete with Giovanni being a non-presence who is largely irrelevant. Old TR got so bad toward the end of DP that I wanted to claw my eyes and ears out every time they showed up. I don't know if I can keep watching if that comes back, especially because I watch the dub.

I also feel very disrespected as a viewer. It's clear they had every intention of doing this from the start, so the buildup to new Team Rocket with new members and important missions - you think we're going to see Flint or Seger again? - was a deliberate troll all along. Everyone who became interested and liked what was done had no hope for their interests from the very beginning. Why should anyone get interested in anything when they likely will just delete it in favor of a reset to the status quo again?

While we might not me on the same side, I think I understand how you feel. When TR first became serious, part of the reason I became so upset is that the change came so quick. I just couldn't understand why they were acting so differently all of a sudden. Now just as quickly as they became serious and competent, they regressed to their former selves just as quick. If the writters want to change characters, it should have been gradually. If Team Rocket is to become serious, lets us see them every few episodes going from barely serious to super serious. Likewise, if Team Rocket has to become goofy, let it make since to the plot. Like if something happened that shattered their coffidence in their selves and they slowly lose their skills due to self doubt.

The writters have angered me before, and even though I got the TRio I like back what the writters did to create this change was lazy. They disapointed a lot of fans with what they did, but they don't care as long as they bring in the profits.

All I can say is that I hope the missing episodes can shed some light on these developements. All thats left now is to wait.

---

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N.), you need to calm down a bit. I know you don't agree with the writters plans, but you need to be clear and legible in your thoughts and feelings, or else no one will come to your aid. We all have different oppinions, so we need to be respectful of other's ideals. We don't know what the future to bring, so before we declare that the world is ending it is best to wait and see what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.