• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket trio is Silly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackeio

As long as TRio doesn't break the 4th wall "every-time" they appear in a episode or take up 1/3 or more of the episode their in, then I think I can tolerate them.

But agree with some people that the writers should try to balance the silly with the serious TRio. Hmm, well in a lighter sense, this means more potential of our hero's making fun of their motto sometime down the line of this season.

I hope they do.

Squirtle_007

Hi, i´m new here ... kinda, well, I´ve been absent from this forums for ... like ... three or ... four years, pretty much since the middle of Battle Frontier season, Sinnoh saga was kinda boring and I lost interest on the anime, but BW ... WOW, awesome right from the beggining, ¿no Dawn?, win, ¿no Brock?, even bigger win, ¿Iris the jungle girl and Cilan the fabulous connosieur?, win, they´re awesome even if they don´t "share the spotlight", ¿no TR chasing Pikachu every single episode?, win ... and I hope it keeps being a win.

Personally, I thought JJM being all serious with their black outfits we´re great but, honestly, serious Meowth still looked kinda stupid

I hope a balanced TR from now on: Succeding missions, but being .... humans

P.S. Sorry if my english sucks, I´m mexican and I´m still learning

knux-the-killer

Well, since I'm the one that started this thread, I just wrote it in a couple of hours and a lot of people commented already, uau.
But.....*sigh*....are you guys really happy for Team Rocket being a bunch of brainless suckers again? They were like that since....dunno, 15 years?

I was enjoying the serious mode, honestly. They were, like, intelligent and actually like REAL villains. Not a bunch of useless clowns that aren't even funny.

People say that is no proof that they are suckers again. Well, I saw enough in this episode like:

- They acted all happy happy, just like the "good old times".
- James captured a Yamask all nicey and stuff, just like before.
- White uniform, no comments.
- They said that are gonna stalk Ash again. Beautiful.
- Acted all happy happy again.

No need the blast off part to prove more. But I believe that sadly will happen.

Not like I hate entirely the silly mode, but I hope that they will go serious in a time or another again. Or all the previous episodes will be wasted. Totally wasted.

Then why the hell they were so badass before? The black uniforms brainwashed them or what? XD

Whatever, something tells me the 2 part episodes will be a treasure to keep.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
You are not getting the 'good ole days' back. Ever. What you're getting is a return to the unbearable, formulaic idiocy of Hoenn and Sinnoh where they still had zero personality.

Anyone who cannot see that after what happened today - a reaffirmation of their obsession with Pikachu, a ridiculously overwrought motto for no reason, a pity capture of Yamask that was Cacnea's capture minus a pulse, and their silly cheering afterward - is in denial about what the return of the white uniforms symbolizes.

Giovanni is not missing. The secretary told them that he's too busy to talk to them and ordered them to do their best on their own - an explicit return to what they did before.

I'm ashamed I ever thought these writers could ever do anything new... so much for the 'new beeginning,' this is the same old thing as before. Disgraceful.

This, pretty much.

I hate the idea of them being a group of bumbling idiots, interrupting matches, idiotically trying to catch Pikachu when there are more important things to do, and long, stupid mottos. Giving them a new purpose and a more serious outlook was refreshing.

But no, all the fan *****ing had to make them retract this. And now the show is slowly going back to its formulaic roots. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised now if Cilan suddenly became more Brock-like and Iris became more like Misty.

Sure, this is all "speculation" for now, but knowing how the show works... Yeah, this isn't a farfetched assumption.

SuperiorMX13

OC of Mime Jr!
Well being how mind boggled i am because of this it means my prediction of TRio is right so far i think that the secretary has Kidnapped Giovanni and is working for Plasma so she will try to get the TRio arrested by making them more obvious for instance sending their old pokemon back but this will fail because of they are inevitably going to escape from her clutches from there stupidity i also believe that she has done enough research to figure them out who ever who has met this TRio has fallen think of MAGMA AQUA and GALACTIC so maybe she is trying to Protect Plasma form completely falling over because of these three because lets face it they hace caused there fair share of trouble with the other teams why not this one

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I stand by my theory that they will be a reasonable balance between funny and serious. They'll keep the equipment from their promotion and have episodes where their scenes focus on finding Giovanni but still have them try to capture Pikachu and maybe even blast off every so often.

The ONLY problem I see with this is them going back to wearing their old clothes. I've been waiting for them to get new clothes since Hoenn and now they finally got them they got rid of them.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I stand by my theory that they will be a reasonable balance between funny and serious. They'll keep the equipment from their promotion and have episodes where their scenes focus on finding Giovanni but still have them try to capture Pikachu and maybe even blast off every so often.

Word has it that Giovanni isn't missing, it's just that he doesn't want to talk to them anymore.

I do wonder what the real situation is.

Squirtle_007

Well, since I'm the one that started this thread, I just wrote it in a couple of hours and a lot of people commented already, uau.
But.....*sigh*....are you guys really happy for Team Rocket being a bunch of brainless suckers again? They were like that since....dunno, 15 years?

I´m not totally happy about that, BW is going AWESOME without the TRio being the cause of all the bad things that happens to the CoTD with that stupid gadgets I mean, if they want to catch a Pokémon, somebody created a better device than a huge stupid looking robot ... ¡¡¡FREAKIN´ POKÉBALLS!!!

Anyway, one more time: I want a balanced Team Rocket: Competent but human

zackeio

The ONLY problem I see with this is them going back to wearing their old clothes. I've been waiting for them to get new clothes since Hoenn and now they finally got them they got rid of them.

I concur. I hope their Pikachu catching episodes are like Episode 3 and 4 where there will still serious yet they still wanted to catch Pikachu and what not. They didn't blast off and all, they just ran off via some cool gadget or tool.

I also hope their not in "every episode" eating up the time doing some stupid thing like selling snacks, or working in a job, or whatever. Every now and then fine (scarce like 0.5% out all of the episode in this season), but nothing too over the top.

Bardische

Elegance.
I guess the unaired episodes would explain what happened. I mean, you don't go from being badass to suddenly winding up into a warehouse being ordered by a slightly attractive secretary that you can do whatever you want.

I still get a feeling there's still more to this. The pivotal reason why they even turned serious in the first place was that Giovanni ACTUALLY gave them a job. They spent the last 10 years hunting down Ash and his friends trying to capture a pokemon their boss didn't give an inkling about. They HAD no formal team objective until their boss actually ordered them around.

What happened in BW024 and 25 is probably why they were tasked to be in Unova for. Don't give up hope yet. I don't think this is the last we've seen of badass TEAM ROCKET

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Wow, I feel completely stupid. I only saw the episode pics so I didn't see the whole story. After watching my first Japanese episode, I can say that TRio is back to normal! I'm so thrilled! Now all we need is Wobbuffet.

I'm also confused though. Why did they revert to their old selves so quickly? How did they become so serious in the first place? And why did the Episode 33 images show them in serious mode? The missing episodes must hold the key.

You are not getting the 'good ole days' back. Ever. What you're getting is a return to the unbearable, formulaic idiocy of Hoenn and Sinnoh where they still had zero personality.
Some people, like myself, love Hoenn and Sinnoh. Plus TRio of those regions are more entertaining and emotional than the lobotomized serious TRio.

Anyone who cannot see that after what happened today - a reaffirmation of their obsession with Pikachu, a ridiculously overwrought motto for no reason, a pity capture of Yamask that was Cacnea's capture minus a pulse, and their silly cheering afterward - is in denial about what the return of the white uniforms symbolizes.

Giovanni is not missing. The secretary told them that he's too busy to talk to them and ordered them to do their best on their own - an explicit return to what they did before.
And whats wrong with that? At least James has a Pokemon now.

I'm ashamed I ever thought these writers could ever do anything new... so much for the 'new beeginning,' this is the same old thing as before. Disgraceful.
Can't be a new beginning if TRio was the only thing different about it.

This, pretty much.

I hate the idea of them being a group of bumbling idiots, interrupting matches, idiotically trying to catch Pikachu when there are more important things to do, and long, stupid mottos. Giving them a new purpose and a more serious outlook was refreshing.
Their motto looked like same old BW motto, so you can't complain about the length.
But no, all the fan *****ing had to make them retract this. And now the show is slowly going back to its formulaic roots. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised now if Cilan suddenly became more Brock-like and Iris became more like Misty.

Sure, this is all "speculation" for now, but knowing how the show works... Yeah, this isn't a farfetched assumption.
The fans had nothing to do with this. These episodes are planed months in advance.

As long as TRio doesn't break the 4th wall "every-time" they appear in a episode or take up 1/3 or more of the episode their in, then I think I can tolerate them.

But agree with some people that the writers should try to balance the silly with the serious TRio. Hmm, well in a lighter sense, this means more potential of our hero's making fun of their motto sometime down the line of this season.

I hope they do.

TRio never broke the 4th wall every episode. After Kanto, they only did it once in Hoenn, a few times in the BF and Johto, and stopped mid-Sinnoh.

Well being how mind boggled i am because of this it means my prediction of TRio is right so far i think that the secretary has Kidnapped Giovanni and is working for Plasma so she will try to get the TRio arrested by making them more obvious for instance sending their old pokemon back but this will fail because of they are inevitably going to escape from her clutches from there stupidity i also believe that she has done enough research to figure them out who ever who has met this TRio has fallen think of MAGMA AQUA and GALACTIC so maybe she is trying to Protect Plasma form completely falling over because of these three because lets face it they hace caused there fair share of trouble with the other teams why not this one

That is a good theory; I never liked Gio's new secretary and this is much better than my idea of her being an evil mind controlling Mew with Transform :)

Yay!!!

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I hope
1. Wobbuffett returns, he was hilarious!
2. Carnivine returns, but, he doesn't always bite James.
3. NO MORE BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!(Wobb,uffett!)

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
ahh i was so disappointed when i saw the return of their white outfits and the return of their silly attitudes.

it's not that i didn't like their old ways, but i really really liked their new outfits and attitudes. i know it's too early to tell if this is going to continue like this or not, but if they go back to their old ways and stay like that.. without recieving serious missions, then i think it would ruin one the best TRio qualities (imo) best wishes had to offer.

Shadowface

Shokubutsu no kaijin
I love the old team rocket, and I also like the new one, but I hope that they aren't gonna turn back completely. That would be totally lame! :mad:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Some people, like myself, love Hoenn and Sinnoh. Plus TRio of those regions are more entertaining and emotional than the lobotomized serious TRio.

Take a look at some of their antics in Sinnoh and use that 'lobotomized' line again.

1) Had at least 2 legendary Pokémon - Heatran and Darkrai - right in front of them at the league, went for Ash's starters instead.

2) Resorted to cheating in a Contest and got away with it.

3) Never made any effort to do anything in any of the four movies, instead following Baron Alberto and Newton around uselessly, being too stupid to realize they had the real Jewel of Life, and failing to even break into Kodai's ship.

4) Being too stupid to ever think to run away when they actually won.

5) Stopped trying with their disguises to the point of leaving the Rs exposed.

6) Ended up working for the region's villainous team and then working with the police to take them down not to advance their goals, but purely for revenge.

7) Failed to do anything against J besides call her names, even getting one of their own members captured by her.

All that remains is comic relief that fails to be funny and is just annoying. And 'emotional?' Not sure working odd jobs and doing the bi-monthly Team Rocket Disbands!! episode can count as that.

And whats wrong with that? At least James has a Pokemon now.

Well then, if Ash lost to Burgh, Burgh should have given him the badge anyway. After all, at least he has a Beetle Badge now.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
The main reason why im watching this generation every week on anime44.com is cuz of team rockets improved antagonism, going back to their older selfs will make me stop watching the anime, and btw the costumes, jesse should get white, james should stay black, you know why :)

Grei

not the color
What if this was an error, and the writers didn't really mean to have this scene in?

... yeah, I dunno.

I hate the old Team Rocket. Bumbling idiots < Serious badasses, so it's sad to see them like this.

However, the BW033 scans do indeed show them behaving seriously, so I have to wonder why they're dressed like this again.

But man. There goes what would have been really, really awesome.

Mister_SGG

I liked them serious. Before they were cretins, not criminals. Please don't push the "IDIOT" button!

Last edited:

Hercule

average shiny hunter
If Team Rocket will really change back to their old versions i would be really disappointed.
There is a reason why Kenny doesn't die anymore in South Park and i wished the Pokémon makers would learn from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.