• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket's Next Pokemon - Catch/Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Aiyah...why do so many people insist on Soonansu leaving TR? Its just not going to happen. Someone already pointed out that its a VERY popular pokémon in japan, and a popular pokémon is garaunteed to be with one of the main characters for a VERY long time.
There's also the fact that Soonans is basically Team Rocket's mascot. Meowth isn't a mascot, considering he's more of the 'brains' of Team Rocket. Soonans leaving = no mascot. It also means there'd be no pun at the end of Team Rocket's motto.

As for those saying 'Its useless, it doesn't battle' , just look at Dustox. And Ash's Taillow. And the majority of Brock's pokémon. And Haruka's Torchic. None of those seem to battle at all anymore, so why not just get rid of them too?
Soonans is essentially the 'bad-guy's' Pikachu. It won't be traded, or leave, or be given away. *end of a Soonansu fan's rant*

R

Rappy28

*gets the feeling she has said this over 4 times*
As you may already know it, I absolutely HATE the freakin' living stomach. And as you may already know it too, I'd like James to catch a Trapinch (Ground type, digs holes, big mouth, who will most likely never evolve into Flygon, weeee !!) or a Tropius (big Grass type dinosaur, flies, has a bunch of bananas growing around its neck).

As for Wobbuffet... I think it's gonna stay.
But Saturday night, I dreamt Wobbuffet got mad at Team Rocket for not using it in battles anymore, attacked them and left. Freaky.

S

Shutterfly

And when it battled,it was pretty good. Ash often had a hard time against it,unless he battled together with Misty!
Wobby is a good pokemon. It will stay.It has humour and is strong. It doesn't have to go and it will not go!

And she has only 3 pokemon? then why must it go? she can carry 6 pokemon (does that also count with TR?) so she has plenty of room left!

C

Caz

I've just had a thought, why do Jessie and James not have more pokemon. I mean they've been following Ash around for ages so surely they could have caught and kept at least six pokemon each. I would actually like to see them keep all their pokemon, apart from Wobbuffet, from now on and also catch more of a variety of pokemon(instead of just bug or poison pokemon). Anyone else agree?

JazzJazz

Caz said:
The reason why Pikachu is still there is because it is a main character and is really Ash's only powerful pokemon. Wobbuffet is a pointless pokemon that nowadays does nothing but pop out of it's pokeball at the end of Team Rocket's motto.

Also of note is the fact that Team Rocket already has there constant in meowth, there's no need for two and hence... Wobbuffet should be given its walking papers.

S

Shutterfly

Caz said:
I've just had a thought, why do Jessie and James not have more pokemon. I mean they've been following Ash around for ages so surely they could have caught and kept at least six pokemon each. I would actually like to see them keep all their pokemon, apart from Wobbuffet, from now on and also catch more of a variety of pokemon(instead of just bug or poison pokemon). Anyone else agree?

indeed very interesting,but then again: CAN they have more pokemon then 6? And if they can't where do they go to? Also a question with the other main characters. If Misty and Brock had more then 6 pokemon,will they transport them also to Oak?

Argy

ARGY VERY QUESTION
indeed very interesting,but then again: CAN they have more pokemon then 6? And if they can't where do they go to? Also a question with the other main characters. If Misty and Brock had more then 6 pokemon,will they transport them also to Oak?

Team Rocket (as an organization) probably has a storage system for its employees. As for Kasumi and Takeshi, they probably send them to their respective gyms.

Kazuki Mirai

I usually can't take that Team Rocket would catch a Trapinch and other rare pokemon like Tropius and Lairon and I think Ash is the type of a Flygon trainer. But Soonansu leaving was like May leaving the anime and Pikachu evolving into Raichu. My guess is that Team Rocket would one Pokemon left for them and that's all they would need.

C

Caz

I wonder if Meowth might leave, I know people will say "No Meowth would never leave, he's a main character and part of Team Rocket". But look at what people said when the idea of Togepi leaving was brought up. I could really see Meowth leaving, probably no in the Houen league but perhaps in the middle of the next series we cold see him leave. Or at least have an episode where he considers leaving, maybe for a promotion.

M

Maltz

Wow, I didn't realize Wobbuffet was so unpopular. Frankly, I love Wobby, both in the anime and in the video games. I remember how the first time I was playing Pokemon Gold, and came accross a Pokemon I had never seen before. It was a Wobbuffet! So I caught it and only then did I know it's unique and appealing attack abilities. And then...the very next morning...I swear it was the very next morning too...Jessie trades Likitung for WOBBUFFET! What are the odds?

Anyway, Wobby ain't going nowhere. "Wob-buf-fet!" is an official part of the Team Rocket MOTTO! And Wobbuffet is hysterical! Remember Jessie trying to use it to battle Seviper? The look on it's face was priceless!

I think it's neat that TR doesn't have an even number of Pokemon. Why should everyone have the same amount? I do think James needs an extra Pokemon, but I wish he'd get his Weezing back. Weezing is a Pokemon that is obtainable in HOENN afterall. Why can't he have his best friend? Ugh.

And Jessie should also get Arbok back. Just think of how cool she'd look in a 2V2 battle with Seviper AND Arbok both fighting for her. Snakes are SO her style.

I also miss Victrebell.

JazzJazz

Maltz said:
Wow, I didn't realize Wobbuffet was so unpopular.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like wobbuffet, it's just that I like change and I feel that the sooner wobbuffet leaves, the sooner something new can happen to Team Rocket's current line-up.

C

Cobalt

As for those saying 'Its useless, it doesn't battle' , just look at Dustox. And Ash's Taillow. And the majority of Brock's pokémon. And Haruka's Torchic. None of those seem to battle at all anymore, so why not just get rid of them too?
Soonans is essentially the 'bad-guy's' Pikachu. It won't be traded, or leave, or be given away.

..Acctually, I wish that they did get rid of Tailow and Torchic.

Celebii

Rose > your mom
from the new japanese episode titles we can conclude that james will catch a gulpin because one of the new episodes envolves gulpin and the other two are solrock and lombre! spirit of the holy forest and something about swablu which may give a hint of another may capture

R

RocketJess

They can't get rid of Wobby! He's so cute! ^-^

James should get a Zangoose, to match Jessie's Seviper.

Geodude

A male Roselia or a female Machop would fit perfectly with James, but we won't see him get a Machop because it's an old Pokemon. Roselia isn't that much of a possibility either because another recurring character has one, Shuu.

S

Shutterfly

I like wobbuffet. He was fun and a strong Pokemon.
I know that he was sometimes annoying,but at other times he was very helpful.
He has his good and bad sides,like every pokemon..

C

Caz

Geodude said:
A male Roselia or a female Machop would fit perfectly with James, but we won't see him get a Machop because it's an old Pokemon. Roselia isn't that much of a possibility either because another recurring character has one, Shuu.

I like the idea of James catching a Roselia but not a Machop. I think that Machop just wouldn't be ideal for James and, yes, like you said it is an old pokemon so it is unlikely he would catch one.

C

Crystal Latios

James won`t catch Machop. I`m sure. Now they catch pokemon only from 3rd generation.

C

Caz

Golden Mew said:
James won`t catch Machop. I`m sure. Now they catch pokemon only from 3rd generation.

I think it's a shame that we don't see characters catching some pokemon from the 1st and 2nd generartion. I know that they have to show them catching Houen pokemon or there would be no point having a new series, but still I think that there are so many pokemon we don't see that would be ideal for James or Jessie to catch. For example I think :048: could be a good pokemon for James but it is unlikely that it will happen as he is more likely to catch a Houen based pokemon.

I agree, I likes the odies, but Wobbuffet is also good *points to sig*,
But I'd love James with Tropius, then TR wont be starved, then agin, maybe James could get contral with food.

RSoTP :224:

Status
Not open for further replies.