• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team SandSmashers!

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
So I’ve been trying to make a 5th gen. Sand Team and this is what I came up with:

Tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar@ Choice Specs
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252Hp/252satk/4def
Moveset:
- Ice Beam
- ThunderBolt
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

This is one of my few special sweepers of this team. The classic BoltBeam combo gets great coverage with flamethrower. Dark Pulse is my STAB attack and beats ghosts. The main counter for this set is Heatran but the others can beat down on him.

530.gif

Excadrill@ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 4Hp/252atk/252spd
Moveset:
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is super fast in sandstorms, even beating Accelgor! Swords Dance gives me some powerful Attack to work with. Earthquake get’s STAB and destroys anything that doesn’t resists it or immune to it. X-Scissor get’s Dark and Grass types while Rock Slide destroys flying types.

565.gif

Carracosta@ Razor Claw
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 4Hp/252spd/252atk
Moveset:
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Carracosta uses Shell Smash to give him a decent speed and some insane power while sturdy let’s me safely use it! Waterfall and Stone Edge for STAB and Earthquake kills everyone else.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp@ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

ChoiceChomp. Earthquake and Outrage for pure power and STAB, Stone Edge for Flying types, and Fire Blast for Ferrothorn.

579.gif

Reuniclus@ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252Hp/252satk/4def
Moveset:
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is pretty good since it is immune to sand storm so I don’t have to worry about losing health each turn. Calm Mind gives him an awesome satk and a better sdef. Psyshock beats special walls while Focus Blast destroys steel types. Shadow Ball beats other psychic types.

645.gif

Landorus@ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Okay, here is the beast of the sand! Earthquake and Stone Edge benefit from Sand Force. Swords Dance Boosts attack, while Outrage is just for the rest.

Lol, as you can see, this team needs some help. Suggestions?

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Use mixtar instead:

Tyranitar @ life orb
Naughty, 252 spd, 200 atk, 56 spatk
Sand stream
~earthquake
~stone edge/rock slide
~pursuit/crunch
~fire blast/flamethrower

This is basicaly the standard set but with a special fire move for skarm/thorny. Earthqyake is the best attacking move in the game, your rock move is excelent stab and awesome coverage, crunch is powerful secondary stab but pursuit chases down jellies etc. and your move kills skarmory, forretress and ferrothorns, thus guy is the ultimate ferrojelly AND skarmbliss counter!