• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team SandStall

Phoopes

There it is.
If there's one weather I love, it's sand. And if there's one playstyle I like, it's... not stall. But I wasn't having success with a Hyper Offensive Sand Team, so I decided to go the other route!

images

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Stream
EV Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Att
Moveset:
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slack Off

My Sand lead. He's a bit more defensive than Tyranitar, so that's why I chose Hippowdon. Impish Nature + 252 EV's in both HP and Defense = one bulky son of a gun. Leftovers is for recovery reasons. Stealth Rock and Roar are for phasing damage, which always helps in the long run of a battle. Slack Off is a reliable recovery move, and keeps Hippowdon alive throughout the game if I'm having a weather battle with a Ninetails or Politoed.

images

Jirachi@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
EV Spread: 252 HP/ 80 Att/ 176 Spe
Moveset:
Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch
Substitute

The Hax Master. Thunder Wave and Serene Grace Iron Head are a huge annoyance for an opponent. If they ever do break through, I have a 101 HP sub up, because of 252 EV's invested in HP. 80 Attack EV's let Jirachi hit hard, and 176 Speed EV's plus Jolly nature keep it fast. Leftovers for recovery, and Fire Punch for coverage.

images

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Moveset:
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

The standard Spiker set. Impish and Defensive EV's get you 416 Defense. Wow. 252 HP for overall bulk. Spikes for entry hazards, and Whirlwind for more phazing damage. Roost and Leftovers for recovery, and Brave Bird makes me not be a sitting duck.

images

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV Spread: 252 HP/ 88 Def/ 168 Spe
Moveset:
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Swords Dance
Protect

The physical sweeper of my team. The EV's in HP and Defense make this guy take hits like a tank. Impish nature helps too. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal help me recover HP better than Leftovers, and Protect is there for a free heal. Swords Dance doubles my already good attack, and makes the STAB Earthquake something to watch out for. Ice Fang to counter Flying types, and Air Balloon users.

images

Reuniclus@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
EV Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Recover

The special sweeper of my team. EV's in HP and Def, plus Bold nature so it can take hits from the physical side of the spectrum. Calm Mind to boost the special stats to incredibly high levels. Psyshock>Psychic so I don't lose Calm Mind battles. Focus Blast for coverage, and Recover for... recovering. Magic Guard prevents Sandstorm damgae, entry hazard damage, and burn/poison damage. Great ability.

images

Dusclops@Eviolite
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure
EV Spread: 252 SpA/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Moveset:
Will-O-Wisp
Hex
Pain Split
Night Shade

Wasn't sure what to do with the last slot, so I came up with something on my own. Pain Split and no EV's in HP for recovery. Sassy nature, Special Defense EV's, and Eviolite makes for an extremely bulky Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp to cover the physical side of defense, and 252 EV's in Special Attack make Hex hit harder. Night Shade for guaranteed 100 damage.

Hope you like the team! Please rate!

emilyshortcake

good left undone
i might not turn out to be much help,but.
i like this team for the most part :) pretty typical for a sandstall,but solid.
the only thing i can think of is maybe another physical sweeper in place of dusk,in addition to gliscor,since gliscor is revenge killed pretty easily from my experience.perhaps an excadrill to get the speed from sandstorm and even as a spinner to prevent hazards :)

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Instead of dusclops, maybe you should use gastrodon. Makes it so you can atleast check rain teams and other water types if you have to. Plus he is a pretty good special wall and isn't slapped by the sand every turn like dusclops. Don't get me wrong, dusclops is a beast, he just isn't meant for this team.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Okay... Offensive Dusclops, no, SPECIALLY OFFENSIVE DUSCLOPS, Is RETARDED man. Run Cofagrigus if you wanna pull a Hex-Burn Set. Cofagrigus also has massive Defensive bulk, Coupled with Calm Mind. Consider it.

Phoopes

There it is.
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm weighing my options between Gastrodon and Cofagrigus... not sure which to pick.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Gastrodon is your "counter" to Rain, so It'd be best using that.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Maybe you would consider putting Excadrill into the bunch? He's really good in sandstorm and can absolutely make this team

Phoopes

There it is.
Maybe you would consider putting Excadrill into the bunch? He's really good in sandstorm and can absolutely make this team

This is a stall team. Excadrill doesn't do that very well. Not that I know of anyway... If you could provide a stall set for Excadrill, I'd certainly look into it.