• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team SeaSoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Does TSS have a new Fan Art Shop?

We do have an art shop it is right below the old 4hk post darside is in it along with novan hero bruataka xlugiareshx and pkmnfn (the latter is closed)

updating my post

Brutaka

Ignition
So. Does TSS have a new Fan Art Shop? Because if it does, then Darkside should be in charge, because his art is worthy of "Video Game Masterpiece"(That's really high on my rating scale for art. The onl thing higher is Van Gouh)

As owner of the third highest ranking art shops on this forum in terms of replies, I take offense to that. jk, but yea, he's really good. I'm envious.

Darside

darisde trainer
As owner of the third highest ranking art shops on this forum in terms of replies, I take offense to that. jk, but yea, he's really good. I'm envious.

Lol.. ok? XD

anyways, i made these 3, it would help me alot if you rate it :D

Kathy.png

The character i selected for white 2

Tangr.png

one of the pokes i used (i will make the rest of the party)

and one for the clan <3

TSS.png

Juice.

SO JUICY!
it would help me alot if you rate it

I heard the call from my brothers and I am hear to answer, artist to artist.

Kathy.png

I like the use of colours, they all agree very well, the black pixel border keeps everything tidy as well and is a nice touch. I actually think the text is quite nice, it works well with the background and is easily readable, well placed and focused. However, the text is too bold compared to the render - which is lost amongst the chaos in this banner. You've used so many C4d's which are scattered everywhere and haven't been blended fully into the background that I doun't really know ehre to look, and the face is also slightly oversharpened. I'd say the banner needs more empty space, where there is less going on in some part of it. For example, if you'd left the top right hand corner more blank it would mean the render is better focused. You've done a reasonably good job of blending in the render though, and creating depth by the placement of the c4d's so well done in that respect. Some very small things you could do to improve this banner would include using shading and highlights, use a 300px soft black brush and paint in some areas to make them darker, set this to soft light on 60% opacity. Then do the same with a 300px white brush and create some lighter areas. I can see you've done this in the tangrowrh banner in the corners - intentionally or not- and it looks much better. SO yeah, simplify the whole look and improve the lighting would be my advice.

Tangr.png

The render is really nicely focused in this one, you've used the focal points well and the placement is excellent. Much better no the lighting front too. The text this time is place closer to the render and so adds to the focus rather than splitting it. The thing this banner is lacking is flow, and the lack of it can be put down to your choice of render. Granted, tangrowth isn't a very dynamic pokemon, its a blob, so it's going to be hard to find a render with a lot of movement. However, you've got to work with what you have: You see how tangrowth is leaning slightly to the left? That's the direction which your banner should flow. At the moment your c4d's -although creating good depth- clash completely with the flow of the banner because they are slanted in the opposite direction. Make them go with the direction of tangrowth and the whole thing will look more professional. Again, if you'd left that top right corner as more empty space and block colour, it would've made the focus even better. Overall though, good banner; I really like the colour co-ordination.

TSS.png

Probably your worst banner of the three, no offence, I'll explain why. This is the best example you've done of trying to fit too much into a banner, I mean, how man fractals, textures and c4d's do you need, really? Again the c4d's clash with the - more obvious - flow of the render. Suicune is running from right to left, so the banner should flow from right to left, instead you have c4d's climbing up the sides. The trouble with using c4d's for flow is that often they have random shapes and twist in every direction, and so have very little flow at all, so you can only use small snippets of them to add effect. I'd suggest creating a full background, smudging or blurring that slightly, and then Liquifiy it (Shift + Ctrl + x) and then shaping it to suit the flow of the render. Then blend the render in, and then add the c4d's on top of that and blend those in. The text placement is Ok, but because the render isn't as compact as Tangrowth it's a lot harder to place - you've still split the focus slightly. I'd suggest shrinking the text a bit and moving it closer to Suicune. The bubble brush you've used is really noticeable in this, and that's not really a good thing - it clashes with the focal point near suicune's face, the bubbles should be smaller, slightly blurred and kept away from the focal point. They should be place around it to create dynamic effect. Again you have focusing issues though, the c4d at the right of the banner is more sharpened than suicune, because suicune has all of these things placed over it, and that means the first thing I look at is the c4d rather than the render. You need to blur the edges of the banner more and make sure nothing clutters your focal point. I'd also encourage the same point as I did on the first banner about using a bursh on soft light to improve the contrast and lighting in your banner.

Overal lthough, some good work, I look forward to seeing more.
Need a reference? Check my sig, that's the only art of mine i have up on here.

EDIT: scratch that, for some reason it won't show up in this post.
Here it is - Bouffalant.

Last edited:

Darside

darisde trainer
I heard the call from my brothers and I am hear to answer, artist to artist.

Kathy.png

I like the use of colours, they all agree very well, the black pixel border keeps everything tidy as well and is a nice touch. I actually think the text is quite nice, it works well with the background and is easily readable, well placed and focused. However, the text is too bold compared to the render - which is lost amongst the chaos in this banner. You've used so many C4d's which are scattered everywhere and haven't been blended fully into the background that I doun't really know ehre to look, and the face is also slightly oversharpened. I'd say the banner needs more empty space, where there is less going on in some part of it. For example, if you'd left the top right hand corner more blank it would mean the render is better focused. You've done a reasonably good job of blending in the render though, and creating depth by the placement of the c4d's so well done in that respect. Some very small things you could do to improve this banner would include using shading and highlights, use a 300px soft black brush and paint in some areas to make them darker, set this to soft light on 60% opacity. Then do the same with a 300px white brush and create some lighter areas. I can see you've done this in the tangrowrh banner in the corners - intentionally or not- and it looks much better. SO yeah, simplify the whole look and improve the lighting would be my advice.

Tangr.png

The render is really nicely focused in this one, you've used the focal points well and the placement is excellent. Much better no the lighting front too. The text this time is place closer to the render and so adds to the focus rather than splitting it. The thing this banner is lacking is flow, and the lack of it can be put down to your choice of render. Granted, tangrowth isn't a very dynamic pokemon, its a blob, so it's going to be hard to find a render with a lot of movement. However, you've got to work with what you have: You see how tangrowth is leaning slightly to the left? That's the direction which your banner should flow. At the moment your c4d's -although creating good depth- clash completely with the flow of the banner because they are slanted in the opposite direction. Make them go with the direction of tangrowth and the whole thing will look more professional. Again, if you'd left that top right corner as more empty space and block colour, it would've made the focus even better. Overall though, good banner; I really like the colour co-ordination.

TSS.png

Probably your worst banner of the three, no offence, I'll explain why. This is the best example you've done of trying to fit too much into a banner, I mean, how man fractals, textures and c4d's do you need, really? Again the c4d's clash with the - more obvious - flow of the render. Suicune is running from right to left, so the banner should flow from right to left, instead you have c4d's climbing up the sides. The trouble with using c4d's for flow is that often they have random shapes and twist in every direction, and so have very little flow at all, so you can only use small snippets of them to add effect. I'd suggest creating a full background, smudging or blurring that slightly, and then Liquifiy it (Shift + Ctrl + x) and then shaping it to suit the flow of the render. Then blend the render in, and then add the c4d's on top of that and blend those in. The text placement is Ok, but because the render isn't as compact as Tangrowth it's a lot harder to place - you've still split the focus slightly. I'd suggest shrinking the text a bit and moving it closer to Suicune. The bubble brush you've used is really noticeable in this, and that's not really a good thing - it clashes with the focal point near suicune's face, the bubbles should be smaller, slightly blurred and kept away from the focal point. They should be place around it to create dynamic effect. Again you have focusing issues though, the c4d at the right of the banner is more sharpened than suicune, because suicune has all of these things placed over it, and that means the first thing I look at is the c4d rather than the render. You need to blur the edges of the banner more and make sure nothing clutters your focal point. I'd also encourage the same point as I did on the first banner about using a bursh on soft light to improve the contrast and lighting in your banner.

Overal lthough, some good work, I look forward to seeing more.
Need a reference? Check my sig, that's the only art of mine i have up on here.

EDIT: scratch that, for some reason it won't show up in this post.
Here it is - Bouffalant.

Thanks, well... now you see why i need more practice LOL, also, i made these at like 2am my time XD.. that might have been a factor of me failing..... maybe :eek:...
Thank you for the rating, i'll try harder, :D..

Also, i also worked with that render, andi made this....

zane1.png

i made that one like 4-5 months ago :p

~Ace

i can show you how
Guys, important.

From Chels: "Can you tell people that I'll be a bit inactive these days as I'm approaching my final exams"

Juice.

SO JUICY!
Not bad Brutaka, I'd say that the banner as a whole needs more lighting, or more obvious sources of light and dark. Also more depth, put something in front of pachirisu and blur the bg a bit more. But good work ^^

Also, if Mohammed is inactive, who's running SSGT? Is it too late for me to enter? I pm'd him but got no reply

Edit: Also, my computer won't let me on xat, says there's malware software on there atm. Anyone else get this problem?

Blinky the Mew

Clever Idiot
Are those entries for the banner contest? because im not supposed to see who did them.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
The entry period runs for a while, so you can sign up still, before it ends. I'm not sure if a cutoff date is set for entries, but at this moment I personally don't see any problem with it.

JD

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, I have to watch my sister every day during the week except for the weekends so I really don't have any time for myself and I had to go to a birthday party yesterday so I couldn't get on.

Le_Juston

One day at a time.
Not bad Brutaka, I'd say that the banner as a whole needs more lighting, or more obvious sources of light and dark. Also more depth, put something in front of pachirisu and blur the bg a bit more. But good work ^^

Also, if Mohammed is inactive, who's running SSGT? Is it too late for me to enter? I pm'd him but got no reply

Edit: Also, my computer won't let me on xat, says there's malware software on there atm. Anyone else get this problem?
I actually came here to check that too.
Are those entries for the banner contest? because im not supposed to see who did them.
They aren't, but you can sort of tell styles between artists....
The entry period runs for a while, so you can sign up still, before it ends. I'm not sure if a cutoff date is set for entries, but at this moment I personally don't see any problem with it.
This.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, I have to watch my sister every day during the week except for the weekends so I really don't have any time for myself and I had to go to a birthday party yesterday so I couldn't get on.
I'm unofficially telling you not to worry about it. (But, if somebody officially tells you to worry about it, worry about it)

Darside

darisde trainer
Hey, i just met you,
and this is crazy!,
But the xat is blocked,
So they'll fix it maybe.

Like, im serious XD i cant enter :C

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Hey I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But the Xat has Malware,
So Fix it or I'll kill you, maybe.

Darside

darisde trainer
hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my friend code, so battle me maybe;)

Hey!, i just met you,
And this is crazy!,
But i dont own a ds,
so in PO i'll maybe.

LOLOLOLOL>....

Anyways, my newest sig (someone requested..... scizorFTW, yeah you!)

so, here is :D

Ezio.png

Status
Not open for further replies.