• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Shocker! (529)

Dax

Legend
But why is she losing at the appeals?

Losing at the battle portion would have been more understandable. Are the appeals a problem for her...because battle wise she seems to be fine.

What could the writers be up to?

I think the appeals are pretty much her predicament. Her only "clean" appeal was the one in the first contest. Even in the contest that she won she still wasn't able to control Pachirisu perfectly. In the training with Zoey she failed to deliver a great appeal and the same happened in Hearthome's contest.

I hope the writers play out the pressure of having a mom that is a Top Coordinator because I think that can be an amazing explanation for her many losses.

We can pretty much say that the contests that consist on one episode are going to end up in a loss.

I think it had something to do with her calling out too many Swifts, which obscured Ambipom.

But at least we know Jesse's getting better at this.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, I do think Dawn focusing on her appeals should be what her next couple of episodes be about. Still, two appeal losses in a row?

The writers are being brutal, but hopefully this will lead to better character development.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Now this is cool- Jessie's won two contests now! And this one's official! With a pretty cool-looking Team Galactic sub-plot and several episodes devoted to them so far Team Rocket are doing good this saga!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
^
Oh lord, I hope 'Hikari realises contests aren't for her and decides to persue another dream' is on their agenda.

None of the pokémon she has are able to pull off appeals that interest the real world audience (us shmucks!) much, so they had to accurately portray the suckitude of Bubblebeam/Spark/Ice Beam in the show eventually. The massive, MASSIVE suckitude, naturally.

Besides, Jessie deserves a ribbon so much more than any other coordinator on this show, if only for her admirable persistance.

Yeah. I think the fact Jessie hasn't once used any cheap tricks to win AND has kept a persona all the way through really shows how she's become a better coordinator.

Anyway, Gravy, I have to admit Aipom's appeals and general battling styles were always my favorite visual treats especially her varieties of Stars and Double Team. It was like Naruto, if Naruto was a monkey...

Damn...forget I said anything.

Anyway, I'm personally awaiting DP 66 "Dawn and Ambipom!! Assisted Suicide!" in which Ambipom strangles Dawn to relieve her of this sad Appeals-Round losing existence.

Then again, those people they showed on the final round billboard were very powerful looking...

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
my word it's gonna take years for dawn to get all her ribbon's

for get how long it's taking ash to get his third badge, POOR POOR DAWN!!!

Yes Jessie won the round. See they don't need a cordnator in the main group each year, just let Jessie do them. She's awesome at them...

Magus

Fog Trainer
Yes Jessie won the round. See they don't need a cordnator in the main group each year, just let Jessie do them. She's awesome at them...
The problem is that without a Coordinator in the main group, the writers don't have an excuse to go to towns where there's a Contest Hall but no Gym. They'd have to do two things that they don't seem willing to do: have Team Rocket not follow Ash & company around, and have an episode where Ash & company aren't present.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Which is why it would never happen.

If Contests ever get removed from the show, Jessie will likely never enter another Contest again. But since Dawn will be here for at least another 3 years, we don't have to think about that now.

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
This episode...wow. I'm not usually that into Contest episodes, but this one was amazing. Let's see...random Dunsparce appearence AND breakdancing Ambipom = awesomeness.

The good thing about this episode was that Dawn's learning she can't win all of them and that this won't be easy. Something I thought May lacked. But, I think Ambipom was more crushed than Dawn was.

Charmander103

So we get like a whole month basically of bad fillers and then the writers give us this?! Why do they do that? Now we're gonna get another long stretch probably of fillers until we reach another character development ep. :(
It makes me sad. But at the same time ...
It's good to see Dawn is actually gonna have to try to be a cordinator unlike May who was just handed it. Also it right before the appeals happened I was thinking how sad it was that Jessie never wins at any of the contests and then BAM! she gets the ribbon. It would be kinda cool if Jessie got into the Grand Festival but I guess thats a really high hope.
Anyway here is hoping that Dawn will finally start training more and more so that the next contest she'll win.

ShadowDragon16

The Hell?

Ambipoms appeal was awesome, it was a genius way to show how one move can pull off such a marvilous show, but those judges didn't seem the least bit interested WTF!?!?!? And jessie being the winner............... Double WTF!?!?!?!

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
The Hell?

Ambipoms appeal was awesome, it was a genius way to show how one move can pull off such a marvilous show, but those judges didn't seem the least bit interested WTF!?!?!? And jessie being the winner............... Double WTF!?!?!?!

Hey, at least Jessie's experience and determination finally paid off. However on the downside..*sigh* make way for angry Dawn fanatics who are probably going to be ranting for the remainder of the year. 'Yay'

ShadowDragon16

Hey, at least Jessie's experience and determination finally paid off. However on the downside..*sigh* make way for angry Dawn fanatics who are probably going to be ranting for the remainder of the year. 'Yay'

I could care less about jessie, I don't like her one bit.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Charmander103 said:
It's good to see Dawn is actually gonna have to try to be a cordinator unlike May who was just handed it.

What's more ironic is that Dawn wanted to be a coordinator from the get go while May had to discover what contest's were, it's kinda sad when you think about it though, that Dawn's getting lashed out hard because of May's many mistakes.

Also worth noting that Johanna has pics of Dawn, her pokemon, Ash and the others in her house for some uknown reason, wonder how she got em.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
I could care less about jessie, I don't like her one bit.

Look at it this way, Jessie has been playing it fair so far through the whole season, remember back in AG, she turned to cheating a couple of times which got her nowhere. Plus she hasn't even blown her disguise yet.

I'm not that fond of her either, (I like James better so nah) but I like the idea of her actually being a major rival instead of serving as the usual easy obstacle.

ShadowDragon16

I also noticed Dawn was having a hard time handleing her lose when being confronted by Jessie. I also noticed a fist, I don't blame her, I too would love the chance to punch Jessie in the face. Poor Ambipom, Thanks you animators you sure made Ambipom's contest debut have a bad ending, I applaud them.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
Hehe, I am so happy jessie finally won a contest. It wouldnt be fair if Dawn just trumped through and beat her at such a beginers level. Seriously Jessie has been at this for a REALLY long time. Finally she got her time to shine. Dustox was awesome, which brings us to the gligar episode. People were saying jessie will get a gligar. Sort of makes sense now that jessie has a contest skilled pokemon. She will probably lose it gain gligar and start losing again. :( lol just a guess. I dont care.
Back on topic, I feel so bad for ambipom. It totally got its dreams crushed. Dawn should have comforted her more than just a pat on the head. Thats what she gets for leaving ash to go with dawn. I think Dawn will start to win now and we will see her do well since she had that little scary talk with Zoey. Im starting to like her character now. She is starting to seem like she isnt so arrogant and annoying anymore.