• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Shocker! (529)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Having seen this, it was a pretty well done episode. Two shocks in one episode, Dawn losing the appeals a second time and Jessie finally winning a Contest. Heck, Jessie winning alone make this ep really stand out.

I really like the direction the writers are taking Dawn's arc. May's arc was all all about catching up to Drew and her bitter rivalry with Harley, yet Dawn's arc is all about her starting off with huge confidence and then getting knocked down into reality.

Considering Dawn's rivals are never going to bring the kind of drama that Harley brought, (and if its true, the whole Dawn/Kenny ship seems like a retread of May/Drew, only not as shoujo), the writers have instead made up for it by having Dawn go through some real emotional times.

Its probably the best course of action they could have took, and it keeps things fresh since now we know Dawn could lose a Contest if the writers just feel like it one day.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I thought Zoey's random showing up was very weird, plus we had TWO sunset walkings.

Not that I disliked the ending, as Zoey was actually somewhat cooler in this (despite the fact she broke into Dawn's room and began to harass her), but it seemed kinda odd at the end when we get EMOTIONAL SUNSET WALK and then ZOEY.

uber gon

Accept Change
Except we've already had ther scenario go down twice now, or did we forget Starly had that problem as well and couldn't master aerial ace until it evolved.

I really don't like that approach either cause then people will start thinking that whenever a pokemon gets a new attack it's going to evolve and that's just stupid, sure Aipom just evolved because of a move, but in it's case that move was mandated to do so. Energy Ball is a good attack for Turtwig but hopefully they'll just take the Iron Tail approach and have it master it without evolving.

Until Turtwig starts doing poorly in the battle area (where it shines) then let it evolve, after all considering most only see it going to Grotle at best I don't see what the rush is to evolve it, if that's as far as it can go it can go anytime in the future, let Chimchar or Buizel go next as they both have good prospects coming up soon.

As for the personality thing, considering Ambipom is still her same cheerful self, I don't see turtwig being "handed" a personality upon evolving either.

Speaking of which anyone find it ironic these new guys are getting tons of moves, just like the kanto team.

Meh, it'll come into use against Paul.

Momogirl

pikachu is ma' homie
I cant wait to see this ep. anyone who dislikes dawn for this is dumb though, because that would be like hating someone for not being good at pokemon cards the first few tries. She tries hard but alas its not so easy to just get good at that sort of thing right away, I really like how theres a bit of realism to this.

also more zoey <3

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I think this was probably the best Shinou contest thus far, at least, on an emotional level. I’m not a fan of Hikari. Infact, she often irritates me. But this time around, I was sitting through the episode, watching her get hyped up for her second chance at success and then having to watch helplessly as her chances slipped through her grasp. And I felt genuinely sorry for her. I actually cared about the fact she lost.
Nozomi's another character that tends to irk me somewhat, but I felt her appearence this time around was completely justified. It didn't just feel like she was jammed in there for the hell of it, and her usual routine of helping Hikari to train wasn't nearly as tedious as usual. It finally felt like everything she did was productive, and I liked it.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
As much as I hate to admit, the way Jessie[lina] performed with Dustox, I'd say she truly deserved that ribbon.

And once again, Dawn lost the 1st round, even with her new Ambipom. It's getting kinda annoying. It's not like she was overconfident or anything [was she?], or that Ambipom was sloppy [was it?]... But I'm sure she'll win next time.

Geodude

Sparkleo, the reason she lost, as explained by Zoey, was that she overdid it. There were so many stars flying around that the judges couldn't even see Ambipom, unlike Breloom's and Dustox's appeals, in which the Pokemon were in full view the whole time and the judges could see them shine and at their best and so on.

As much as I hate to admit, the way Jessie[lina] performed with Dustox, I'd say she truly deserved that ribbon.

And once again, Dawn lost the 1st round, even with her new Ambipom. It's getting kinda annoying. It's not like she was overconfident or anything [was she?], or that Ambipom was sloppy [was it?]... But I'm sure she'll win next time.

Jessie deserved a ribbon along time ago. Her appeals have been getting better and better, best of all she's doing it fear way, which is why I'm starting to admire her more this year. Ask for Dawn, I'm assuming this is just a way for her to get some character development.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I must say the reactions of some characters amused me. Sure her performance wasn't perfect but they looked so angry, even Nurse Joy.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Well at least Turtwig is getting some decent screetime. Hope he masters Energy Ball soon.

Nando-Piplup

Emo Coordinator
I really dont know why the writers always put Mays appeal having to do with throwing a frisbee or ball. As for Dawn, she kinda used Swift too much.
Jessie was awsome with that levitation thing. LOL

A great plot twist, which makes watching D/P more and more interesting. I also want to thank the writers for evolving Aipom, i've been longing for that.

Great music, great animation as usual. Kenny's second appearance was much better than his first one, he was actually quite entertaining to see this time, much thanks to his new toy (Breloom).

Too bad with a 3 week break now.

uber gon

Accept Change

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Jessie's appeal was fantastic, but I don't see why everyone was frowning so much about it. Honestly, I think it should've gotten first; it seemed very hard to top. Kenny's didn't compare. It's rare that I miss a call on an episode, but this one had me flabbergasted. I was very shocked that Ambipom lost her debut, but it was a good contest, anyways. I'm very happy that Jessie won; she deserved it.

Nando-Piplup

Emo Coordinator
okay,i dont know why Dawn lost the appeal again.In the Hearthome, yeah, Sweet Kiss + Bubble Beam , whats up with that!?But Whirlpool and Discharge were good. 0+8=8, her total score.So, why did Brellom have a reggae-ish theme, i sorta liked it.Its just a matter of time before Dawn becomes emo.
Like me.

uber gon

Accept Change