• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Shocker! (529)

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Some of May's wins weren't impressive in the least bit. The fact that Dawn lost more than May could be proof of the fact that Sinnoh Contest standards are alot higher than those in Kanto and Hoenn.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn is losing because of her appeals, not her battles. Dawn can battle fairly well, its only her appeals that are messing her up.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
And to think her appeals weren't too bad in her first few contests. Her appeals have been not-so-good since the Hearthome one (I thought that one was pretty decent).

Dax

Legend
In terms of appeals none of them have been amazing. Even her mother commented on how stiff her first appeal was. She's a mess in appeals but in battles she's rather great. Her battle between Ash was awesome and the same goes with the contest battles...the few ones she has done.

neo_senku

its good to see that lately in the series they've been showing the pkmn get actual training as apposed to them just getting strong from team rocket battles and gym battles. and dawns issue is her appeals.she needs to figure out how to bring them together better. with ambipom i think it was a case of inexperienced trainer with and experienced pkmn. she simply needs to train harder on her appeals, because two appeal loses in a row is sad. even ash made it past the appeal stages of the two contests he did enter.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
People her appeal wasnt that great i admit it was really pretty but basically all she had aipom do was make a big ball with stars and in the hearthome contest all she did was explode a whirlpool and make hearts and bubbles. Dawn just needs to evolve piplup. Ambipom everything to be the perfect contest pokemon now Dawn just needs to perfect its moves. Im really curious what zoey said to dawn so if anybody knows please tell me.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well, Dawn will probably do better next contest.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I say she should have let Buneary do the appeal.

All she needs to do is create a single ice pillar and the judges will instantly pass her! The judges love ice appeals!

Dawn's problem is about her Appeals. May didin't have that problem, May's problem was her battling round, so she at least past ALWAYS every appeal round. Dawn is just overconfident, but thats what makes her personality awesome :) I noticed that Dawn is doing worse on her appeals, from her first contest to the Solceon one. She MUST practice more, and not use Ambipom. Buneary would be a better appealer.

Dax

Legend
^I like your name. Shipping! Shipping!!

I think she thinks that shiny stuff is beautiful and she forgets about her pokemons.

Nando-Piplup

Emo Coordinator
I say she should have let Buneary do the appeal.

All she needs to do is create a single ice pillar and the judges will instantly pass her! The judges love ice appeals!

they also love that sparkle-y effect, lets not forget that!Also they are stupid enough to pass firework appeals.Like Jessie and Mays.

uber gon

Accept Change
Dawn's problem is about her Appeals. May didin't have that problem, May's problem was her battling round, so she at least past ALWAYS every appeal round. Dawn is just overconfident, but thats what makes her personality awesome :) I noticed that Dawn is doing worse on her appeals, from her first contest to the Solceon one. She MUST practice more, and not use Ambipom. Buneary would be a better appealer.

She will probably realize that by next year hopefully.

uber gon

Accept Change
I think nintendo needs to come with more pokemon tha she catches for contest. To spice it up.

Yeah, maybe an Eevee to evolve into a Glaceon to provide some neat ice attacks.:)

RxZ

Internet Creator
I think this is fantastic for Dawn. MOAR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

I think it's great the writers aren't just letting her breeze through. They're being much more realistic about this- after all, she's a ten year old girl with only dreams but hardly any experience- Do you think winning's going to be easy for her? May won a lot, sure, but she and Dawn are different. Plus, I never found May's saga to be very 'real.'

I really like where this is going. I mean, I like to compare her Rock Lee of Naruto. Sounds strange, I know, but didn't Rock Lee suck at being a ninja because he couldn't use ninjutsu (okay, so a lot of you don't know what I'm saying. For those who do, follow along!) It's the same with Dawn. She's not very good at contests, so that means she's going to have to work much harder. It adds to her character.

I can't wait to see the next contest. I do hope the writers come up with some more original appeals though.

Last edited:
I can't believe I actually watched this episode, but I did (haven't watched a Pokemon Raw since like Paul VS Cynthia if I recall).

Anyway losing two appeals in a row means during the next Contest when she passes the appeals it will be even better, I felt really sorry for Joanna (that is Dawn's mothers name right?) she just seemed so upset/dissapointed and Ambipom since she lost in her first proper real debut....I didn't really feel bad for Dawn though. I mean it's good for Dawn losing twice in a row, it shakes things up a bit which is something May never got. Keeps it fresh and gives her a thing to work on, May never really had one area she was bad at so she just worked on everything so it is nice to have a coordinator who really needs to work on one area of Contests.

Jessie was just fantastic in this episode though. Her appeal, while a little weird, was amazing. I can't believe she won and with Dustox, I mean she's had Dustox ever since May got Beautifly. They deserve that ribbon 100% completely. I mean it's rare for Team Rocket to win anything and keep the prize and not try to cheat. Zoey's appearence at the end was good too, since it makes her slightly more interesting to help Dawn...since Zoey is pretty flat right now.

Favourite contest thus far. No competition. I mean Jessie wins, Dawn has something to imrpove on and so forth.

dman_dustin

I don't know about this, I mean if a pokemon was that important to the appeal then maybe but I still preferred Dawn's appeal to anyone else's. I mean that swift was one powerful move can you just imagine the battling power of that swift attack?

Sure it didn't help that there was so many but that alone should've impressed someone. And to me Johanna looked as though Dawn would've made it past the appeal round, as opposed to what I saw in the episode pics of the Hearthome contest.

But it also makes you wonder about those filler contest people, that fill up the rest of the eight slots. If they lose so easy in the battling area, are their appeals really that good?

And zoey, now while her showing up was fine, I feel like she is secretly stalking the group. Do we really need her showing up so much?

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
I don't know about this, I mean if a pokemon was that important to the appeal then maybe but I still preferred Dawn's appeal to anyone else's. I mean that swift was one powerful move can you just imagine the battling power of that swift attack?

Sure it didn't help that there was so many but that alone should've impressed someone. And to me Johanna looked as though Dawn would've made it past the appeal round, as opposed to what I saw in the episode pics of the Hearthome contest.

But it also makes you wonder about those filler contest people, that fill up the rest of the eight slots. If they lose so easy in the battling area, are their appeals really that good?

And zoey, now while her showing up was fine, I feel like she is secretly stalking the group. Do we really need her showing up so much?

Appeal is not about the attack nor about its power. It is about how the Pokemon utilizes the attack in a creative way while still revealing itself to the crowd to see what the Pokemon is doing. While I like Dawn and her contests, I do even have to admit that Swift was completely overdone. Double Hit didn't really work well either, it didn't seem to have much meaning in the performance.

I don't think even her mother was impressed and neither was Zoey nor the contest judges. It really looked like that Dawn's mother was hoping that Dawn would make it, but even doubted that she actually would. She broke away from the TV after the results and went to the wall looking at the pictures of the Floaroma Contest and how that went well compared to the Solaceon Contest one.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Interesting episode, Dawn loses (however the loss in itself was understandable) and Jessie wins. When James and the others cried when she won, that was great to see. Jessie is a member of TR but she did deserved to win.

Both Kenny and Zoey in one ep, good, I like them. :) And I liked how Joanna looked at the pictures of the wall.

8,5/10 points.

Last edited: