• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Shocker! (529)

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
just let Nurse Joy or Contesta tell her about the swift.
So I wasn't the only one who thought that. Normally, the judges would say what they thought about the performance, but with Dawn, they were (apparently) silent. Why? And if they do have the tendency to be silent on appeals they don't particularly like, why didn't anyone think about what their silence meant?

I know, I know, dramatic purposes and filling time, but still.

JNottle

Just watched the english version of the episode, I'm not a big fan of contests, but this one was pretty good.

I found it wierd when Ash closed his eyes and his cap covered his face when he saw Dawn shaking her fist, dunno what that was trying to imply.

I liked it when Zoey turned up, I had a feeling she would, she's the one who seems to be able to tell Dawn to buck up and losing is not the end of the world, just like Gary used to make Ash realise he needed more training and stuff.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
So I wasn't the only one who thought that. Normally, the judges would say what they thought about the performance, but with Dawn, they were (apparently) silent. Why? And if they do have the tendency to be silent on appeals they don't particularly like, why didn't anyone think about what their silence meant?
Their silence meant that Dawn had the right idea, but she didn't execute it well or it felt that the appeal was incomplete as a whole. She has the dazzling part right, but she was not able to give it a sense of a finish and the appeal of the Swift attack was just not dazzling as a result.

JNottle said:
I found it wierd when Ash closed his eyes and his cap covered his face when he saw Dawn shaking her fist, dunno what that was trying to imply.
It means that Ash felt her pain after she lost. Dawn was hiding it, but Ash knew that she wasn't feeling as happy as she was just expressing.

Starry Mew

The Sky Is The Limit
Dawn should have entered the second round. Ambipom did used too much Swift but it's still a great appeal. It is predictable that Jessie and Kenny will enter the final round. Jessie won the contest! Wow! =O

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Unbelivable,Jessie won.
Why is Dawn angry at Jessie anyway?

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I think the season's lasting so long because they don't want another horrid "fill the time between regions" series. And i think Dawn was angry at Jesse, since she was acting like "Okay, leave now so there's more room for the people that actually won" and basically being a bad winner.

Last edited:

Manafy

O MEH GAWD JESSIE WON!
Dawn will never ever win another contest.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
O MEH GAWD JESSIE WON!
Dawn will never ever win another contest.

I guess you haven't seen DP079 yet, have you? Bercause the reverse happens in that one. =P

Rebeccag

I liked this episode ^_^
I liked Dawn being depressed at the end shows she did mind about losing the contest. The contest was a bit rushed though but apart from that it was a good episode
I felt sorry for Kenny though losing and then being concerned over Dawn losing as well

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Oh yes, what a great episode! If it´s only a dream, dont´dare to wake me up :p

I know it´s hard for Dawn to lose, everyone who is as eager on winning as Ash and Dawn will understand her disappointment.

But: It was exactly this loss and Jessie´s totally unexspected win which caught us off guard and caused the episode being really realistic and awesome.
Although I´ve loved almost every Pokemon episode since the very first one, May´s contests now seem cheap and her wins like a deus ex macchina compared to Shinnoh´s great contests!
Yes, the writers are pursuing real character development and let the audience witness Dawn´s way of becomming a great coordinator in a reallistical and mature manner with all the ups and downs.

Also great that Jessie finally managed to win! She deserves it because she obviously realized that you can actually win without playing unfairly!

Meowth and James being shown as obeisant wimps who are forced to cheer for Jessie was extremly hilarious! :D

And finally I hope Ash and Turtwig will master Energyball soon! Go for it! *hands up*

I tell you, I just can´t wait for the next episode. Everthing´s developing just awesome.
Remain true to Pokemon! See you next week!

TeddiUrsa

May´s contests now seem cheap and her wins like a deus ex macchina compared to Shinnoh´s great contests!

It is a risky ground you are walking on ;) Can we please stop this DEM nonsense?

And finally I hope Ash and Turtwig will master Energyball soon! Go for it! *hands up*

Don´t bet on it ;)

SO, after they hype because of Jessie´s first real Contest victory died down after the months I look back and ...well, I am still suprised ^^

A great choice of the writers and a wonderful development for Jessie. She needed to win something of value. Especially after she lost her "prize" from her Aipom contests . It is way better to win with her own Pokemon anyway.
Dustox is one of the oldest members of the current anime line-up anyway.

I love the concept of Jessie´s appeals of shooting the attacks at herself.

Dawn´s development is very interesting as well. But I have to agree that it is rather strange that the judges didn´t say anything about the appeal...plot device much?

I still want more ( well, more like...ONE ,at least!) one-shot coordinators like in Hoenn though.

btw, Zoey is as bland as every, but I found her stalking antics quiet cute nevertheless.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
People calling Dawn a crybaby in this particular episode, and acting so baffled about her shaking her fist make me facepalm.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
OK, so how much of all the original music did the dub keep? I've seen the original of this, but not the dub, so I'll know if anyone can describe the details.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
yeah, having watched the episode for the second time, I realized how groovy and cool Team Rocket was, above all Meoth and James.
Be it the scene in front of the contest building in the evening when Jessie went "crazy" and the guys turned themselves into the camera showing their frustration by letting off this hilarious saying or be it the scene during the contest itself when they were "praying" for Jessie to win and finally hugging each other after the winner had been announced!

They were really great and enhanced this fantastic episode even more!

shon_taylor

ican has cheezburger
This is officially my favorite episode ever, which is funny because my two favoritest episodes involve Jessie, this one and the Princess Festival one.

HoennMaster

^ Aww, the princess festival episode, by far one of the BEST episodes of the series.

After rewatching this episode, Ambipom's voice is not that bad.