• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Shocker! (529)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Contest! Solaceon Convention!

It's time for the Solaceon Contest. Dawn is eager to enter to try and earn her second Contest Ribbon. However, things get a bit heated when her old rival Kenny appears in order to compete in the Contest. This makes Dawn even more eager to enter the contest. Will she do well?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well this have to be a record for Dawn, i mean she participated in 4 contest till now & only won 1 & lost in the appeal round twice in a row.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhat JESSIE won her first ribbon. This was truely an unexpected thing. Now Dawn will have 4 official rivals.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Well this have to be a record for Dawn, i mean she participated in 4 contest till now & only won 1 & lost in the appeal round twice in a row.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhat JESSIE won her first ribbon. This was truely unexpected. Now Dawn will have 4 official rivals.

I didn't see that coming at all. Honestly Jessie is a good coordinator, but Kengo must really be a punching bag. -_-;

Darn, I wanted Dawn to at least win one more ribbon before the year ends.

drygonia

Hikari fan =D
Poor Dawn.
I thought with Ambipom...

And Yes Jessie won this contest°__° with dustox °_____°

And Nozomi was here too.

Don't wait to watch these 2 episodes

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well to tell the truth, when i heard about Ash and Dawn will win one badge/ribbon after another in 2008 for the magazine scan form the other thread i had a feeling that Dawn might lose this contest. Why else would they say that if she wins a Ribbon in this episode which many expected.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm guessing that's probably referring to the return through Hearthrome.

Glad Jessie won, but will it mean she'll somehow end up in the GF? Eh, probably not.

Dawn should kill herself for losing the appeal round twice.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
So what made her lose the appearl round? The sight of Ambipom? (kidding) I really would hate to see Dawn's face now. That really was an unexpected kick in this episode.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Holy Frak. Not only did Dawn not make it to the finals AGAIN AND Jessie won a contest. You have to wonder what the writers might actually do next.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
^
Oh lord, I hope 'Hikari realises contests aren't for her and decides to persue another dream' is on their agenda.

None of the pokémon she has are able to pull off appeals that interest the real world audience (us shmucks!) much, so they had to accurately portray the suckitude of Bubblebeam/Spark/Ice Beam in the show eventually. The massive, MASSIVE suckitude, naturally.

Besides, Jessie deserves a ribbon so much more than any other coordinator on this show, if only for her admirable persistance.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
I know complaining's not my thing, but....

MAKE HER WIN A F***ING CONTEST ALREADY!!!!

>_>

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn must be going through depression right now.

Maybe its time to question her career choice? Man, Dawn really needs to work on her appeals!

Losing TWICE in a row at the appeal round is embarrassing, but I do like it how they're trying to make Contests look hard compared to how easy May used to breeze past the appeal round.

About time Jessie won a real contest. So because of that, I am happy with the ownage of Dawn. Though how many contest losses is Dawn on now? She must almost on par with May...already. I mean at least the writers are being a bit more believable with the appeal rounds, like when May got a crappy appeal score she still got through and won the contest...the writers are really stepping up when it comes to Dawn. But seriously with all of Jessie's contest training (as in entering many contests...it's got to even out somewhere) it's about time.

Hopefully next Contest will be a win for Dawn...and hopefully we'll get to Veilstone soon.

ShadowDragon16

Talk about a twist, Dawn lossing twice, and Jessie winning. R the writers on crack? Was this contest another double combination appeals?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, May lost 2 contest in Hoenn & 1 in Kanto. So this means if we only consider May Hoenn contest then Dawn have passed her in losing contest since she lost 3. And also she can be considered to be doing worse than May since May never lost in appeal's, she only lost during in battles whereas Dawn lost twice in a row during appeals.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Poor Dawn, she's a sucky coordinator but I love that she's not May and I love that they are handling her differently.

What pokemon did she use in the appeal round?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But why is she losing at the appeals?

Losing at the battle portion would have been more understandable. Are the appeals a problem for her...because battle wise she seems to be fine.

What could the writers be up to?