Well this is certainly a post.
I am sorry if this will bother anyone but this is the worst enemy team in the history of pokemon games.
- Team Skull does NOTHING during the entire game. Even the random civilians take them as a complete joke.
- Aether Foundation is out of nowhere working with Team Skull which, with the information that we've had on them before the 4th island, makes no sense whatsoever.
- Aether Foundation president suddenly does a complete 180 and decides to fall in love with Ultra Beasts and become evil.
- Aether Foundation president ISN'T even a villain. Her motives aren't even evil. They are ''I want to live among Ultra Beasts'' and that is all. Really villainous motivation.
- There is NO high stakes battle at the end. Gen 3 onwards the fate of the world was in the balance. This time NOTHING is at balance because the main villain isn't interested in doing anything evil.
Worst villains ever.
1. That's the joke. They're delinquents who just make a ruckus and do Lusamine's bidding when she needs them to without their knowledge. You're not supposed to hate Team Skull or view them as the bad guys. They're tools being manipulated by Lusamine.
2. Correction, Guzma is working with Lusamine. Team Skull and Aether Foundation grunts are mostly in the dark about their cooperation.
3. She's nuts dude, has been since Lillie was a young girl. There's no front because she literally does an evil smirk the first time you met her. Also don't trust people spewing crap about spreading their love to everything.
4. She doesn't want to do evil per say, but she's still a horrible person who through her actions could have brought the destruction of Alola and the death of Cosmog.
5. This is a non-issue, not all stories need an "Oh GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING" moment. It's a personal story about Lillie and her family.
Lusamine is a villain through and through though and there is no arguing this, she was a crazy woman who needed to be stopped. Whether you think she stands up to the rest is up to you. Better than Giovanni like you stated a few posts up by a country mile and probably the best when it came to a laid out plan next to Ghetsis.
Seeing a lot of stuff about how she treat Lillie and Cosmog but her treatment of Guzma is really no better. Taking advantage of someone who was abused like that then saying in front of him that she no longer needs him and that he's useless when all he wanted was to be treated with respect after his father beat him. It's just not right.