• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Gladion, Lillie, and Lusamine are by far the best family in the Pokemon Franchise

To be fair, there aren't too many other families in the franchise to begin with.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lusamine is basically the Pokemon version of Ragyo Kiryuin. The only major differences being that she was high on Nihilego toxin compared to Ragyo who willing betrayed humanity. Also dat bath scene didn't happen, thank god

I thinknof I had to pick a favourite moment from the plot, it might just actually be the Aether Infiltration scene purely for how flippin awesome it is. We have the player, plus two boys who are the exact opposite of each other infiltrating the building of a psycho madwoman obsessed with nothing but Ultra-powerful beings, in order to save one of the boy's sister. Putting it like that makes it seem a little cool, but the execution is perfect. The way Gladion handles the whole situation single-handedly made him one of my favourite characters in the whole series, because it is awesome. I found it particularly impactful in the scene with Lusamine's "collection" in the back of her section of Aether Paradise. There is a perfect atmosphere created by the music for a woman who has literally gone insane. Also, Gladion taking charge of the operation is b*d*ss as hell.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When you think about it, Lusamine is the equivalent of an alcoholic parent who hits their kid. Or drug addict, she's certainly hitting up dat Nihilego toxin

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I see the argument that we should have battled Lusamine-Nihilego herself instead of her Pokemon everywhere, but the fact is that if we would've fought her it would be morally wrong.

I can see why it would've seemed cruel if we had fought against Nihilego itself while it was still fused with Lusamine, but I would've liked to do it any ways cuz it would've been different from previous villainous team boss battles at the very least.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I can see why it would've seemed cruel if we had fought against Nihilego itself while it was still fused with Lusamine, but I would've liked to do it any ways cuz it would've been different from previous villainous team boss battles at the very least.

If they do that, I can see people complaining about why they can't obtain Lusamine-Nihilego and why she isn't in the Alola Pokédex.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If they do that, I can see people complaining about why they can't obtain Lusamine-Nihilego and why she isn't in the Alola Pokédex.

As hilarious as that sounds, you're probably right.

Honestly, I love the idea of being able to battle something that isn't technically a Pokemon, and therefore can't be captured. The only time something like that has ever happened was with the ghost in Gen I games. I really wish they would do something like that again. I honestly thought that's what Ultra Beasts were going to be before Sun and Moon came out, but unfortunately they're just Pokemon in the end.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think this game has gone as explicit you can get to child abuse as you can get. Not only is Lusamine a controlling freak, but Guzma's dad all but admitted to beating his son. The only reason they got away with it is because the actual abuse was mostly off-screen

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Team Skull seems to be a big nod to Team Rocket. They're crooks and punks who wear their motive on their sleeve, contrasting the ambitious and visionary later villainous teams. Like Team Rocket they're blatant in their villainy and relatively incompetent. The difference between the two is a much larger level of self-awareness. It's as if they realized no-one took Team Rocket seriously and they decided "yeah, let's play with that". Lusamine by comparison is the more modern Pokemon villain, but like everything in this game she's a lot more personal

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Team Skull seems to be a big nod to Team Rocket. They're crooks and punks who wear their motive on their sleeve, contrasting the ambitious and visionary later villainous teams. Like Team Rocket they're blatant in their villainy and relatively incompetent. The difference between the two is a much larger level of self-awareness. It's as if they realized no-one took Team Rocket seriously and they decided "yeah, let's play with that". Lusamine by comparison is the more modern Pokemon villain, but like everything in this game she's a lot more personal

I do think Team Rocket had more style. and the whole Po Town affair was scary. Nanu doesn't react as i a town being totally occupied by criminals is a problem. I don't understand this at all.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
Team Skull are connected to the Aether Foundation, so they have a lot in common with later villains! I think they have their own style and aren't a direct repeat of earlier villains...

Besides the game's villains aren't that self aware, they're run by someone possessed by a parasite Pokémon...

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I strongly disagree with the notion that fighting the combined Lusamine/Nihilego would have been morally objectionable. In any other franchise, using resources like magic powers and supernatural beings (meaning, here, Pokémon themselves) to attack the main villain would be perfectly acceptable.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I strongly disagree with the notion that fighting the combined Lusamine/Nihilego would have been morally objectionable. In any other franchise, using resources like magic powers and supernatural beings (meaning, here, Pokémon themselves) to attack the main villain would be perfectly acceptable.

how are you going to implement it though? If you are just going to fight it alone it would have been too easy since it is just 1VS 6 Battle.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
how are you going to implement it though? If you are just going to fight it alone it would have been too easy since it is just 1VS 6 Battle.

Well, Lusamine did only have five Pokemon on her team. She could have easily served as the sixth. Or, they could have just given her a super defense and/or HP boost compared to normal Pokemon so that it would be difficult even for a team of six Pokemon to defeat. A boss fight like that is something that I have wanted for the longest time in this franchise.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Well, Lusamine did only have five Pokemon on her team. She could have easily served as the sixth. Or, they could have just given her a super defense and/or HP boost compared to normal Pokemon so that it would be difficult even for a team of six Pokemon to defeat. A boss fight like that is something that I have wanted for the longest time in this franchise.

I guess GF just did not want direct human VS pokemon fight... even if that said human is a hybrid of Ultra Beast.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wouldn't have a problem Fighting Lusamine being possessed by Nilhego considering you're fighting the Ultra Beast to free Lusamine from its control. The Kirby series has done this with the Dark Matter storyline and Meta Knight being controlled by robotic armor. GF had us fight the literal ghost of a Marowak before and also had some other stuff much darker than battling Lusamine while being possessed. There's the whole Ghetsis trying to freeze the main character solid in BW2, the theory that Giovanni committed suicide after being defeated during the HGSS Celebi event, and a Pokemon that is literally the personification of death.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
the theory that Giovanni committed suicide after being defeated during the HGSS Celebi event,

You can't really use that one as indication of anything, as it is nothing but a fan theory. And it's a bad one at that, seeing as Giovanni is alive and well in Black and White 2, which is confirmed to take place after Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
Not sure if Lusamine would be as secure an opponent, there's a reason many humans use Pokémon for protection...

Status
Not open for further replies.