• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Another alternative could be is that the team(s) want the legendaries to control the Sun/Moon to create some sort of eclipse? Not sure what the eclipse would do, though. Maybe turn Pokemon crazy or something.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Maybe they want to cast I̶n̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶T̶s̶u̶k̶u̶y̶o̶m̶i̶ Hypnosis on the moon which will reflect it onto the world and trap everybody in a deep sleep.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Maybe the evil team is a group of people who believe that people are unable to be saved and change so they plan to end it all by destroying the sun/moon.

Azygos

I've read some of these posts, and I agree on the Eclipse theory...
I really can't figure out why, I just think that it is the only way to connect the two titles.

Or maybe in the "Sun" game they destroy the Moon to put the world in a constant "day", and in the "Moon" game they destroy the Sun to put the world in a constant "night" (although everyone knows that it's not how this works in the real world...). Kind of like in generation III where they wanted to make the world "all water" or "all earth" (though I don't know the reasons, as I never played those games. I would have loved that, but I don't own any Gameboy...)

Maybe they want to make the Pokémon who thrive in the night/day more common than their counterparts, for some reason. Or it could have something to do with energy and world domination. I can't put my finger on it...

I've read some of these posts, and I agree on the Eclipse theory...
I really can't figure out why, I just think that it is the only way to connect the two titles.

Or maybe in the "Sun" game they destroy the Moon to put the world in a constant "day", and in the "Moon" game they destroy the Sun to put the world in a constant "night" (although everyone knows that it's not how this works in the real world...). Kind of like in generation III where they wanted to make the world "all water" or "all earth" (though I don't know the reasons, as I never played those games. I would have loved that, but I don't own any Gameboy...)

Maybe they want to make the Pokémon who thrive in the night/day more common than their counterparts, for some reason. Or it could have something to do with energy and world domination. I can't put my finger on it...

The thing is though, Archie/Maxie's goals made at least some real world sense regardless of how stupid they were. If it rains a lot, and this rain isn't just coming from the planets existing water supply, the planet will flood. If you make a planet hot enough, you'll evaporate its water.

On the other hand, destroying the Sun/Moon is just a ridiculous idea. The moon doesn't cause night, the planet rotating does, which we know happens in Pokemon because that world has hours, days, weeks, months, seasons, and years. The sun does cause day by being the primary source of light for our entire solar system, but blowing it up is instant genocide because it gives us necessary vitamins, is the start of every food chain, and provides most of our warmth.

To be honest, I'd prefer if they only threatened such ridiculous ideas, and the PC has to stop them.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
To be honest, I'd prefer if they only threatened such ridiculous ideas, and the PC has to stop them.

But then there's no real oomph to the story.. Like.. It'd be nice if the evil team actually caused some damage this time.

One thing that I want is for the evil team to actually be evil.
None of the flamboyant, borderline comedic look of Team Flare.

Another thing is that I want a death of a character close to the protagonist. (May have to get the Mystery Dungeon writers in for this as they know how to write a heart-wrenching story.)

Britney123

As a plot point I'd like them to revert to something like Team Rocket again... Having an organisation literally embedded throughout the region involved in everything and having such an omnipresent feeling would be very interesting... I'd like the leader to be the Champion in all honesty and have the 8th gym leader an admin, but not knowing this until the climax of the story.

Perhaps having an organisation that fronts as conservation and charity but behind the scenes are fixing everything to make them richer and the region worse off.

In regards to the Sun and the Moon element I would like just one team that aims to resurrect either the sun Pokemon or the moon Pokemon in order to bring some sort of peace to the land, but instead want to sacrifice it/use it to oppress the people some more. If the champion has a legendary of the land then they'd almost never lose their position. So, eventually they capture the legendary before you challenge them, you win and the legendary releases itself from the ball, destroys it and challenges you.

Maybe the leader of the evil team has the actual champion hidden away and when you beat them, the real champion comes out of hiding, heals your Pokemon and challenges you. He's still the champion as the evil leader never defeated him, but rather kidnapped him. Idk.

Power, corruption and greed. I'd like that rather than a post apocalyptic extremist view.

But I'm sure it will be an interesting story non the less

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
As a plot point I'd like them to revert to something like Team Rocket again... Having an organisation literally embedded throughout the region involved in everything and having such an omnipresent feeling would be very interesting... I'd like the leader to be the Champion in all honesty and have the 8th gym leader an admin, but not knowing this until the climax of the story.

Perhaps having an organisation that fronts as conservation and charity but behind the scenes are fixing everything to make them richer and the region worse off.

In regards to the Sun and the Moon element I would like just one team that aims to resurrect either the sun Pokemon or the moon Pokemon in order to bring some sort of peace to the land, but instead want to sacrifice it/use it to oppress the people some more. If the champion has a legendary of the land then they'd almost never lose their position. So, eventually they capture the legendary before you challenge them, you win and the legendary releases itself from the ball, destroys it and challenges you.

Maybe the leader of the evil team has the actual champion hidden away and when you beat them, the real champion comes out of hiding, heals your Pokemon and challenges you. He's still the champion as the evil leader never defeated him, but rather kidnapped him. Idk.

Power, corruption and greed. I'd like that rather than a post apocalyptic extremist view.

But I'm sure it will be an interesting story non the less

That's... kinda Galactic too.
They're a business empire and have a massive faction dedicated to producing energy as being the main energy provider of the Sinnoh Region. They have massive amounts of commercial and promos, which explains why there's a character in like every town involved with Team Galactic that says that Team Galactic is cool.
It wasn't until the start of the game that Team Galactic upped the public criminal activity, and their cover as an energy company with a few rogue employees what was prevented the members of the Pokémon League to step in, forcing Looker to infiltrate, and you and Barry to deal with them since those two have no major legal repercussions to face later.
Really, Team Galactic set up its cover really, really well.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
But then there's no real oomph to the story.. Like.. It'd be nice if the evil team actually caused some damage this time.

One thing that I want is for the evil team to actually be evil.
None of the flamboyant, borderline comedic look of Team Flare.

Another thing is that I want a death of a character close to the protagonist. (May have to get the Mystery Dungeon writers in for this as they know how to write a heart-wrenching story.)

Except the closest thing to death there is in mystery dungeon is a Pokemon turning into fairy dust.

Every year people suggest death and destruction and every year it never happens because its friggin pokemon, not fire emblem.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Except the closest thing to death there is in mystery dungeon is a Pokemon turning into fairy dust.

Every year people suggest death and destruction and every year it never happens because its friggin pokemon, not fire emblem.

Well I mean Team Flare tried to commit genocide.

Plus death happens, it just isn't ahown.
Old man from Anistar, all the ghosts, etc. obviously all died.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
A 6 mile wide asteroid is a threat to the entire planet. It doesn't matter where it lands, it would utterly obliterate all life on the planet, and most things that survived the impact would die in the following cooling sequence. Then again Pokemon are a lot hardier than animals, so maybe not. Either way it would devastate the entire planet, not just the region it actually impacts in.

I personally wouldn't want to see an Or/As plot device show up as an important plot point in Sun and Moon any ways. I'd prefer if the new villainous team has some other kind of spacial interest. ^^;

Class Zero

We have arrived.

Like dirkac said, Team Flare tried to commit Genocide in Y.. so I think an actual death is becoming increasingly more possible.
And personally I find a well done death to be an amazing plot device, kinda like Grovyle in Explorers of Sky.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Like dirkac said, Team Flare tried to commit Genocide in Y.. so I think an actual death is becoming increasingly more possible.
And personally I find a well done death to be an amazing plot device, kinda like Grovyle in Explorers of Sky.

Team Flare tried to do the same in X as well as Y. Both have same plot. Maybe Sun and Moon plot will move away from mass destruction and go for something else.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I still think that the core games are too kid-friendly to feature a death of a major character however, and I think it would be too hardcore if the villainous team killed someone honestly.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I still think that the core games are too kid-friendly to feature a death of a major character however, and I think it would be too hardcore if the villainous team killed someone honestly.

That said, Ghetsis in Black and White 2 would have completely impaled the protagonist had N not interfered, a situation like that in Pokemon was pretty hardcore, especially if the player had no prior knowledge to the scene.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So at the end, I want something more unique like Gen V story. But better telled with more character input and especially plotlines at the beginning, that actually have a meaning for the climax. Pretty much every gen failed with that. What does invading the power plant or stealing alien pokemon have to do with creating a new universe? What does the dream dust have to do with liberating all pokemon? Please something which have a meaning behind it besides introducing the evil team to the player.

And please a more interactive storytelling. Gen V story was nice, but the way the story was told was just soooo stretched out with speeches. More action and more confrontations with admins and key character.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That said, Ghetsis in Black and White 2 would have completely impaled the protagonist had N not interfered, a situation like that in Pokemon was pretty hardcore, especially if the player had no prior knowledge to the scene.

Hmmm fair enough, but I mostly meant that a real death by the villainous team would be shocking and hardcore, not just an assassination attempt. :3

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I want a villainous team with forces and resources that would give Cipher a nice run for their money. Let's have them be a military junta with a social darwinist mentality. It's kind of a variation on Lysandre's plan with some degree of Team Magma and Aqua, but this group wishes to use solar bombardment/lunar tidal chaos to force evolution.

JudySpell

Banned

Team Rocket killed a Marowak in the Kanto games so a human death by SM's villains seems more plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.