1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by UltimateNinja, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Navarch

Navarch Well-Known Member

I'd like to see an evil team looking to create living conditions on other planets. Really, their goal to expand living space for humans and Pokemon isn't bad, but the way they go about is what makes them evil.

2. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

If we are going with two teams, then I give my 50 cents to Dawn&Dusk. Just fit so perfectly into Night and Day/Moon and Sun.

If only one team, then team Neon

3. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I really hope the leader of the evil team is a woman.

4. Supersonicbro

Supersonicbro Well-Known Member

Something that they did with the new digimon adventure game coming out, is that (it's rumored) the protagonist in the first game is actually evil/a rival in the new one.

I kinda would want to see that in this game, an old character returning with some development that might be on the villain side.

EDIT

But I would be a lot more happier with a woman villain.

5. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

I personally would like the Villain Team's Boss to be a female this time.

6. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

Well since the names are Sun and Moon my guess is that the evil organisation this time want to control day and night. In Sun they want eternal daytime while in Moon they want eternal darkness. And to do that they need to control the legendary Pokemon who can control light and dark or simply can rotate the earth into day or night, whatever it's capable is beyond us at the moment

Also possible names for the team could be Team Twilight or Team Eclipse (that one sounds more menacing)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  7. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

I have a strong feeling that Team Flare will be the main villains again. There are still things about Team Flare, Lysandre, and AZ that go unexplained. Plus the new Zygarde forms, Volcanion, and AZ's Floette. It's not like this would be the first time this has happened. Team Rocket were the main villains of both Gen 1 and Gen 2 after all.

8. Citizen Insane

Citizen Insane Eh, life is a game.

No, Team Flare had its chance and in my opinion the worst villains so far.

Time for something REALLY EVIL, fierce, tyranic, corrupt, like Team Cipher.

9. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

What if this team want to create Enchanced Pokemon in an unethical manner (opposite to Team Plasma)? It could make EV training a relevant plot point.

10. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I'm trying to stay out of debates like this because it feels pointless to just spit around random ideas, but this idea made me think of a possible plot involving the Team creating something to achieve this using Clemont's Super Training as a basis. I liked that idea.

11. Primepokey

Primepokey Well-Known Member

Agreed, would be more original.

As for my thoughts, the Sun and Moon game names make me instantly think of Incas and Myan temples. So a jungle location somewhere in the game I feel would be appropriate, also not to mention Solrock and Lunatone really spring to mind. I wonder if they will have some significance given Solrock looks like a Sun and Lunatone a moon and both are cosmic pokemon after all. Perhaps their power unlocks a chamber to the regions legendary pokemon.
    To speculate further I would then see the evil team/teams haveing more psychic pokemon rather than dark and poison and be mysterious and sinister.

12. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

Team Solar: "We are going to control the legendary Magnet Pokemon to stop the Earth's rotation, so IT WILL BE DAYTIME FOREVER!"

"What about the other side of the planet?"

"...."

13. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I'm guessing it's one of the following:

1. Team Flare returns, seeking to use Sun's legend's solar energy or Moon's legend's lunar energy to once again "renew" the world.
    2. Two new teams, Team Day and Team Night (or Team Solar and Team Lunar), want to use the legendaries for... Something (can't think of anything right now).
    3. One new team, probably Team Eclipse, also trying to do something with the legends.

EDIT: Oh yes, and female leader.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  14. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

Well, the research of the sun and moon is very scientific, so what if, with the power of the sun/moon respectively: the team want to create a new breed of powerful Pokemon with enhanced battling capabilities. Mageana may be one of those many Pokemon involved with this.

15. jinnrob

jinnrob Water Pokemon Master

With Magina being man made, I was thinking that, instead of using cloning (Mewtwo) or reviving/modifying a foil (Genesect) to make a powerful pokemon, the evil team will want to make their own perfect man-made pokemon, using the power of an eclipse (Solar for Sun, Lunar for Moon) to bring life to a whole bunch of animatronic pokemon and then take over the world.

16. Tiptop

Tiptop Saved by Hamboning

I think we'll see the same team in both games. Agreeing with many folks that "Team Eclipse" sounds pretty solid and it goes with my take on the story... Rather than trying to "save" the world or remake it how they see fit, Team Eclipse sees the world as unfixable and will try to destroy us all by either:

A) Propelling the Earth into the Sun.
    Or
    B) Crashing the Moon into the Earth.

Of course, to do this, they will attempt to abuse the power of the legendary Pokemon in the respective games.

Also, a nihilistic team would be hilarious.
    On battle start-
    "This is the end of times! Nothing matters!"
    On losing-
    "Maybe it does matter after all..."

17. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ February 15, 2011-February 15, 2020

I'm thinking that the villain team might have something do do with space since the games are Sun/Moon. I'm hoping we get another league interruption thing like with B1W1.

18. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Moon crashing into the Earth immediately reminds me of Majora's Mask, lol. Anyways, those goals for the evil group(s) seem pretty solid.

19. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 I'm gonna miss my boi Deoxys...

I'm hoping for the leader to be female. They NEED to stop with the male criminal stereotype. My brother visited a jail as a field trip in high school (he took a criminal justice class) and said the females were more evil and obnoxious than the men. Everyone says that, too. We need someone even more evil than ghetsis.

20. Marsalevsky

Marsalevsky Shiny Collector

I agree with this.

In fact, I think it'd be pretty cool to se the world brought to the edge of destruction, so that the protagonist has to actually save it. Something that made the Mystery Dungeon spinoffs appeal so much to me was having the villains actually get somewhere.