1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by UltimateNinja, Feb 26, 2016.

1. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

I don't have much to contribute when it comes to evil teams, but I do have an idea for the story. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how Kalos is related to all of this, simply because we don't have any in-game knowledge of the Zygarde formes. My guess is that the protagonist and his family don't actually live on the new region but are simply on vacation. Perhaps they stay at a hotel or vacation house, who knows. But perhaps they originally live in Kalos. Some how the protagonist gets tied up the region professor's business and he asks you if you can stay and help. He lets you pick a starter and your rival is a native. While there thwarting the evil team, you can participate in various activities in the region including the Gym League. Post game, you can actually fly back to Kalos with your family, and thus the Zygarde story begins. Perhaps that's the evil team's goal is to find out as much as they can about Zygarde, or perhaps they're is an abundance of Cores on the region or something.

2. Serene Havoc

Serene Havoc Well-Known Member

How is this a neat idea..?
    I thought Jireh was making an obvious joke that should never happen.

3. CaptainSkarr

CaptainSkarr Lovely Bay

I'm with the crowd against the "evil team" theme that Pokemon games have beaten into the dirt. Pokemon Black and White are the only games in the series with an "evil organization" that is actually interesting (mainly because of N). Doesn't it bother anyone that you can all basically predict the plot of these new games already?

What do I mean by that you ask? Well here is a rough outline: Boy or girl leaves home on their quest to beat all the gym leaders and the elite four. Our character encounters a sinister organization with a leader who wants to control a legendary Pokemon. However, our character thwarts his plans and the day is saved. Yay! How absolutely boring this construct has become. I hope that GameFreak changes it up. Please God, give us that. Do someone right!

4. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

Just an idea, they could work around the lust sin through making it a "lust for battle" of sorts. Make the character rather calm for the most part, but very aggressive in terms of battle.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Give it another 10yrs and use something other than a plane and make no mention of said incident and you have a interesting concept that can very easily be kidafied.

It's only offensive now because it happen 2-3 years ago, give it a decade and it becomes just another tragedy. I'd like to see something similar in a far future generation.

6. Räven Velish

Räven Velish black lives matter

I'm not understanding why people think there will be a Team Snow. Is there any reason for this?

7. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to see the justification behind this as well.

I would get Eclipse, Daybreak, Dawn, Sunrise, Twilight, Dusk, Sunset, Tide, Umbra, Penumbra, Light, Orbit, Gravity, Celestial, Star, Cosmos, or any other sun/moon/cosmic-related words, but why Snow?

8. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Well the moon just screams for a Werewolf legendary, hopefully they can include Pokantropy into these games somehow.

9. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

Not sure myself, maybe they would want an "eternal winter" so the sun and moon are always hidden behind snow clouds or something? Bit of a stretch I know. Much rather have Eclipse myself, as it makes sense on both accounts.

10. Chomper4

Chomper4 Well-Known Member

Team Flare didn't make much sense for the titles of X and Y. Plus, next gen team for me screams Team Snow. And like Team Flare, I don't think Team Snow will limit themselves to just Ice types.

11. HM02gon

HM02gon Waiting...

We already have enough fire themed evil teams, but I still would like to see a fire team and an ice team. Or maybe like team Solar and Lunar (totally creative never used names) who hate each other. I just really want 2 different evil teams. It's what really set ten 3 apart from the rest, in that the storyline between the games was actually quite different. Also, female evil team leader, please. I would also like to see some sort of twist with the champion that he/she is the evil team's leader or something.

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

We've seen a pic depicting tropical climate in the new region, so 'Team Snow' wouldn't really fit in with the setting in my opinion.

13. Serene Havoc

Serene Havoc Well-Known Member

Where did this name team Snow came from again?
    Are people predicting their team name?? Or is it just a tentative name for a team that might make use of ice type pokemon?

14. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

If there is a connection between X/Y and S/M, (notice the key word "if" people) then the name Team Flare makes alot more sense now.

I always found it odd that they were just Team Flare, it made no sense to me thematically but now a speculative connection could be made with S/M. Team Flare as in Solar Flare. Granted they were introduced in X/Y. What if the ultimate weapon plays a part in this? What if we have region specific villains? Team (Solar) Flare in Kalos and unkown moon team in unknown region.

Which begs the question what would the moon team be called?

Team Tide as in (Lunar) Tide? Team Wake? I now they're cheesy but they are the only moon/water related terms I could come up with.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  15. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

Team (Lunar) Eclipse.

Perhaps they needed a new place to test out the ultimate weapon but wanted to be far from Kalos as not to tip them off?

16. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Did you know that the Chinese Mandarin name for Team Flare is actually 'Shanyan Dui'. With shanyan meaning 'solar flare'.

17. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

You learn new things everyday mate.

18. alexterri

alexterri Well-Known Member

I was just gonna say "I don't care as long as they don't suck as hard as Team Flare did" but that wouldn't be very interesting, soo....

I'm guessing they're gonna go with one of two things:

1. One team. The leader is an emo kid a la Kylo Ren who either a. wants to have the day be bright all day long so he can work on his tan and get girls to like him or b. block out the sun so he can be emo and not interact with people all day long, depending on which version you play.

2. Two teams. One wants to block out the sun, the other wants to keep it in the sky all day long. Sorta like Team Magma and Team Aqua.

Even though I don't really care which one they go with as long as it's not as bad as team flare, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer the latter.

Id also kinda like if the boss was female. Just for some variety, y'know?

Or I dunno, maybe Team Flare will be back. But I'd rather not: team flare sucked.

19. Dutchguy1994

Dutchguy1994 Member

I want a team that is just a bit more serious! Who feel more dangerous. I did not like the evil organisations in X&Y and B&W.. Also I hope they don't make a team which goal is to destroy the world, like in ORAS.. I never understood why someone would make this a goal for a villain.

20. Dutchguy1994

Dutchguy1994 Member

I want a team that is just a bit more serious! Who feel more dangerous. I did not like the evil organisations in X&Y and B&W.. Also I hope they don't make a team which goal is to destroy the world, like in ORAS.. I never understood why someone would make this a goal for a villain.