• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Thunder Tiger

Based on appearance, and their team name "Skull", they seem to be based on necromancers and shamans with a slight design towards pirates. At least that is how I see them, appearance wise anyways.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's why I like them, I'm so over the "let's threaten the world using the cover legendary" plot that's been going on since Gen 3. I'd take common gangsters over yet another Nietsche-wannabe any day.

But I remember Team Flare also looked like they were just after money at first, and look how that turned out, so I'd bet you that they might turn out to be the same-old, same-old world threatening villains we've had four times in a row. Unfortunately.

I get wanting something different, but in this case I can't agree. If it's better for the story of the game, then I don't see any problem with it being kept the same.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
I get wanting something different, but in this case I can't agree. If it's better for the story of the game, then I don't see any problem with it being kept the same.

The problem is how do you know it's better for the story of the game?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Ooh~ Team Skull.

They look like gangsta pirates. They remind me a bit of Team Aqua.
The grunts have some pretty decent designs.
The female admin looks really pissed off, which I like.
The boss sure have that drug dealer/underground cartel boss look for some reason.

I like them overall. Now, I wonder what their goal is.

Team Aqua mixed with Neo Team Plasma but a lot more sass.

Hopefully the interactions with the leader are cool, he seems like a cheeky dude.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The problem is how do you know it's better for the story of the game?

Of course we'll have to wait and see, but I would definitely say a big problem with the story in Gen I and II was Team Rocket not having any important goals beyond just being a powerful organized crime group, and that the story of the games got better when the teams started interacting with the Legendary Pokemon and became threatening to region/world. Also, it allows for a chance for the Legendaries to be better implemented into the story if the team is related to them in some way.

SilverFox

So sly
Are we sure that the goofy looking guy is the boss and not just an Admin? Hopefully the boss hasn't been revealed yet and looks really cool. While I do like the two "Admin" characters, I don't think either of them are The Boss material.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The Evil team's name and design clearly wasn't what I expected, but still I find it OK. What I don't find OK is that we get to know who's their boss even before the games' release. Man, they really don't care about spoilersin certain sections, don't they?

Unless of course Guzuma isn't the true boss, then maybe...

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
The Evil team's name and design clearly wasn't what I expected, but still I find it OK. What I don't find OK is that we get to know who's their boss even before the games' release. Man, they really don't care about spoilersin certain sections, don't they?

That's what it says, that he is the boss.

ABC595

Okay having looked at the main site I'm not happy with the skull name, too mush like (read: exactly the same as) explorers or time/darkness/sky. If they don't use stunktank, koffing and zubat I'll be sorely disappointed.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay having looked at the main site I'm not happy with the skull name, too mush like (read: exactly the same as) explorers or time/darkness/sky. If they don't use stunktank, koffing and zubat I'll be sorely disappointed.

To be fair, Game Freak didn't make the Mystery Dungeon games, so this is completely unrelated and is not reusing the old name.

ABC595

To be fair, Game Freak didn't make the Mystery Dungeon games, so this is completely unrelated and is not reusing the old name.
they don't make the spin offs?
And yeah I do understand that I'm still not exactly 100% on board with it.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair

I mean is it really even a surprise anymore. Cyrus was shown in the first 10 minutes of the game as was N and Ghestis.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
they don't make the spin offs?
And yeah I do understand that I'm still not exactly 100% on board with it.

Nope, Game Freak pretty much exclusively makes the main series games. The various spin-off are made by other companies. Mystery Dungeon is made by a company called Spike Chunsoft.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Am I the only one who got disappointed to have yet again a male villain team boss?

Creyk

I think the new evil team designs are lovely.
Only team aqua looked better than them

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Am I the only one who got disappointed to have yet again a male villain team boss?

Probably not, I've seen plenty of people saying they want a female one. Personally, I don't care one bit myself. I care more about the character themselves than the gender of said character.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Nope, Game Freak pretty much exclusively makes the main series games. The various spin-off are made by other companies. Mystery Dungeon is made by a company called Spike Chunsoft.

Wait, the mystery dungeon games are made by Spike Chunsoft? THE Spike Chunsoft? Hmm... might need to check them out.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wait, the mystery dungeon games are made by Spike Chunsoft? THE Spike Chunsoft? Hmm... might need to check them out.

I just did a quick look to the Super Mystery Dungeon page on Serebii, and it said Spike Chunsoft was the developer. I do admit though that I have never heard of them outside of Mystery Dungeon.

Regardless, Mystery Dungeon is a great series, and I highly suggest you play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.