• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
While they're obviously going to be using Poison and Dark types, anyone else thinking they would primary specialize on Ghost-types?

Janovy

Banned
While they're obviously going to be using Poison and Dark types, anyone else thinking they would primary specialize on Ghost-types?
Given the direct correlation to mortality and death, it would make sense.

Dark and Ghost types, perhaps.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

That would be cool, especially because that would mean we need a decent number of Ghost-Type this generation, and I love Ghost-Types.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

Ghost is a very likely possibility given their thematic motif, would be cool if they have Salandit and its line.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I just did a quick look to the Super Mystery Dungeon page on Serebii, and it said Spike Chunsoft was the developer. I do admit though that I have never heard of them outside of Mystery Dungeon.

Regardless, Mystery Dungeon is a great series, and I highly suggest you play them.

D A N G A N R O N P A
[funky electronic music]

Anyway, I like Skull as a name. It plays off of sculls. Y'know, the l'il rowboats. It's cute.
As for typings, I'd like to see Water, Ghost, and Dark be used by 'em personally.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

B. Thunder Tiger

Yeah, because they look like a mix of pirates and necromancers and/or shamans. Seeing as GF stated that Alola revolved around life itself, Team Skull could be a evil team trying to disrupt the balance of life found in the region. That, and a name like "Team Skull", pretty much links them to a sort of "death" theme, seeing as skull symbols are often used to represent the concept of death.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Yeah, because they look like a mix of pirates and necromancers and/or shamans. Seeing as GF stated that Alola revolved around life itself, Team Skull could be a evil team trying to disrupt the balance of life found in the region. That, and a name like "Team Skull", pretty much links them to a sort of "death" theme, seeing as skull symbols are often used to represent the concept of death.

Voodoo Pirates, sweet.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The designs for Skull look worse than Team Flare's. Hopefully they're a better team overall though, which won't be hard to do. None of this random stuff like Flare did before their master plan.

The name is so awesome though. The boss looks more like a hipster than a pirate though imo

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Regarding their names, they're named after plants like 99.9% of Japanese Pokemon characters. Guzma's name comes from Guzmania and Plumeri's name comes from Plumeria.

Relax

The designs for Skull look worse than Team Flare's. Hopefully they're a better team overall though, which won't be hard to do. None of this random stuff like Flare did before their master plan.

The name is so awesome though. The boss looks more like a hipster than a pirate though imo
I think the designs of team Skull are pretty good, Team Flare had absolutely the worst design of enemy team, clothing wise and lore wise.
Team Skull look more like a Voodoo/Life force team then pirates imo. The color of clothing is a bit weird tho, black clothing is unusual in hot area's. I am curious about their plan!

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I think the designs of team Skull are pretty good, Team Flare had absolutely the worst design of enemy team, clothing wise and lore wise.
Team Skull look more like a Voodoo/Life force team then pirates imo. The color of clothing is a bit weird tho, black clothing is unusual in hot area's. I am curious about their plan!

They're gonna eat a Devil fruit then sacrifice their brother, an arm, and a leg to a spiritual science project gone wrong.

I do hope the plan involves the Philosopher's Stone somehow, with all the alluded alchemy we had and apparently Boss Dude likes the color gold.

BluePingu

I'm honestly expecting Team Skull to be a group of anarchist punky edgelords who just want to get rich by making gold with all this hinted alchemy stuff, only to get in waaaayyy over their heads

shadowF

I can definitely see there being a twist in that at the end of the day the real leader of team skull is a rich typhoon that it seemed team skull trued to steal from. But I am ok if there is no twist and that guy with white hair is the legitimate true boss of team skull. Who knows, maybe he is inspired by a cartel leader and might even act like the joker?

badly

i'm really excited about these guys, they feel like they have a lot of personality, like the rest of gen 7 does. i'm excited to hear more about the leader's personality, i love his pose & expression from what we can see so far

Grey Wind

I like the designs, although they don't look anything like pirates to me. More like punks/gansters. I'm kind of disappointed that we have ANOTHER male leader, but hopefully the pink haired women will have a prominent role (I kind of hope she's the only admin - XY had five and everyone but Xerosic was totally forgettable).

It'll be interesting to see what their story is. I hope it's like... good. XY was a major disapointment in that regard.

unmindful

Poison Pumpkin
Team Skull looks cool. More like modern day pirates instead of something out of PoTC. For some reason, I'm getting Far Cry vibes off of them. Here's hoping their story is better than Team Flare.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
It's difficult to have a skull and crossbones without inspiring thoughts of pirates, though I do agree that the whole team is probably not pirate-based/inspired.

My initial impression is that while Guzma is the leader he's overly headstrong and reckless and thus Plumeri often has to rein him in and keep him focused.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
From the looks of it, the leader has his own Z-Ring, much like Hala.

I can definitely see there being a twist in that at the end of the day the real leader of team skull is a rich typhoon that it seemed team skull trued to steal from. But I am ok if there is no twist and that guy with white hair is the legitimate true boss of team skull. Who knows, maybe he is inspired by a cartel leader and might even act like the joker?

It can be. Xerosic was initially shown to be the leader of Flare, but he only turned out to be the right hand man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.