• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerial_ace

I would love the theme of SuMo to be equality and tolerance.
My idea of the story would be the region to be devided into two. One side of the region would be covered in eternal darkness the other will be opposite. Depending which version you choose you would start the adventure in a different part of the region fighting the same gyms but just in a different sequence. Two parts of the region would divided in some sort( a wall or smth)
People on the "moon side" will be filled with misery sadness and have a little joy in their life. This part of the region would be filled with snowy areas, dark places etc. People from this part would not be allowed to cross to "sun side" because they are different and considered outcast.
Evil team will basically try to achieve eternal darkness/lightness but not in the sense of blocking moon/soon but filling people with emotions. This will mean that people will always have to be the same to " fit in " and we as a protagonist will have to stop them to safe the diversity of he world.
Also both games will incorporate a theme of whether the way we act is genetic or learnt

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I want a team that is just a bit more serious! Who feel more dangerous. I did not like the evil organisations in X&Y and B&W.. Also I hope they don't make a team which goal is to destroy the world, like in ORAS.. I never understood why someone would make this a goal for a villain.

Don't you mean in X/Y? I think that if the machine really went off in X/Y it would've cause mass extinction of... everything. ORAS was more like "We need more land!!!" "No, more water!" either turning the world into a giant ocean with a little land or a massive desert with little water. (Because how can they be so stupid to just turn the world into water or land...?)

Grey Wind

If the games are related to XY, I wonder if it could be more of a prequel? Someone in Anistar City in XY mentions people similar to Team Flare being in the city a couple of years before (or something, I forget the exact quote), so maybe they could be the Sun/Moon villains? Anistar is close to Terminus Cave too, so it could easily tie in to Zygarde.

Sprinter1988

Don't you mean in X/Y? I think that if the machine really went off in X/Y it would've cause mass extinction of... everything. ORAS was more like "We need more land!!!" "No, more water!" either turning the world into a giant ocean with a little land or a massive desert with little water. (Because how can they be so stupid to just turn the world into water or land...?)

Personally, I think that, although the plan had its flaws, Team Magma's plan to change the world has actually made the most sense so far. In essence their plan boils down to this - people are always expanding, as their cities get larger there is less room for nature and therefore less room for pokemon. Team Magma want to dry up some of the ocean to make more land. Now, this is not all that insane because people do this in the real world, not by causing a drought, but by draining marshland and swamps and altering river courses specifically so that they can build there. Team Magma's plan is a more extreme and more flawed version of this.

Now, as for the evil team of Sun and Moon, I suggest this.

The evil team own an eco-friendly power plant.
In Pokemon Sun, the team's power plant generates electricity through Solar Panels. In an effort to increase profits, the evil team awaken a Legendary Pokemon based on the sun. This Sun Pokemon either makes daylight last longer or makes the sun's rays more intense - this allows them to generate more electricity for the team to sell off to people.
In Pokemon Moon, the team's power plant generates electricity through Tidal Stream Generators. In an effort to increase profits, the evil team awaken a Legendary Pokemon based on the moon. This Moon Pokemon increases the influence of the Moon on the seas - this allows them to generate more electricity for the team to sell off.

(Obviously this has its links to Groudon and Kyogre, but in this case any drought or flood caused is an unintentional side effect)

Either that, or the Evil Team awakens the Sun Pokemon so that daylight lasts longer, meaning that people don't have to use so much electricity and awaken the Moon Pokemon so that night time lasts longer, meaning that people have to use more electricity. (Yes, that last was inspired by The Simpsons)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Now, as for the evil team of Sun and Moon, I suggest this.

The evil team own an eco-friendly power plant.
In Pokemon Sun, the team's power plant generates electricity through Solar Panels. In an effort to increase profits, the evil team awaken a Legendary Pokemon based on the sun. This Sun Pokemon either makes daylight last longer or makes the sun's rays more intense - this allows them to generate more electricity for the team to sell off to people.
In Pokemon Moon, the team's power plant generates electricity through Tidal Stream Generators. In an effort to increase profits, the evil team awaken a Legendary Pokemon based on the moon. This Moon Pokemon increases the influence of the Moon on the seas - this allows them to generate more electricity for the team to sell off.

The logic and motivations all make sense there, but I don't think they're going to release a game with a message little kids may take as suggesting Solar Energy is bad.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
If there is a connection between X/Y and S/M, (notice the key word "if" people) then the name Team Flare makes alot more sense now.

I always found it odd that they were just Team Flare, it made no sense to me thematically but now a speculative connection could be made with S/M. Team Flare as in Solar Flare. Granted they were introduced in X/Y. What if the ultimate weapon plays a part in this? What if we have region specific villains? Team (Solar) Flare in Kalos and unkown moon team in unknown region.

Which begs the question what would the moon team be called?

Team Tide as in (Lunar) Tide? Team Wake? I now they're cheesy but they are the only moon/water related terms I could come up with.

Did you know that the Chinese Mandarin name for Team Flare is actually 'Shanyan Dui'. With shanyan meaning 'solar flare'.

WOW, now I'm really hoping that this is the case! If SM has its own evil team, then everything would then combine together. Maybe not in SM as it would likely focus on its own region, but in the next pair of games after it, being the true "third versions." They would combine both Kalos and this new region and become an epic adventure to search for order. Great, now I'm really excited (and getting my hopes up). This would be an awesome way to integrate two generations in one system.

Rhinne

It'll never happen, but it'd be amazing if for once you start off as an actual member of the bad guys, maybe a child of their leader or something. That would definitely shake things up without changing the mould too much?

I'm all for a female leader. Also I'd definitely prefer it was just the one team rather than two fighting for eternal day /eternal night.
(...Unless it's Team Day-Man who fight Team Night-Man... I'm all for that.)

CaptainSkarr

Lovely Bay
It'll never happen, but it'd be amazing if for once you start off as an actual member of the bad guys, maybe a child of their leader or something. That would definitely shake things up without changing the mould too much?

I'm all for a female leader. Also I'd definitely prefer it was just the one team rather than two fighting for eternal day /eternal night.
(...Unless it's Team Day-Man who fight Team Night-Man... I'm all for that.)

This is a great idea. I once wrote the Pokemon Company asking for this and they wrote back basically saying "Nah".

MysticKnives

Personally for me, I'd like it if the Team Sun (placeholder name) focused on extermination of of human life and Pokemon with the ashes of the Pokemon God they follow. Team Moon (placeholder) focuses on the enslavement of the world to fit the vision of the vision of their Pokemon God. However both of these teams would eventually be manipulated and thrown away by the bigger villains, the E4 + Champion and their master. The villain teams would be competitive, but would eventually be beaten before the final villains step in.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Rival should join antagonist team. Gym leaders/E4/ Champion should be involved. Then, at endgame, you and your sidekicks cause several Michael Bay worthy explosions. And this would still be a better story than most Pokémon games.

DannyDiglett

I must say I really like all these name suggestions, especially Team Eclipse beause it seems so logical, Team Orbit (it just sounds beautiful), and Team Solar and Team Lunar (if there are two teams). I agree that after all the previous male bosses, the new one has to be female. I mean in BW we got a female professor for the first time (anime not counted), so why not a female evil boss? I still have no idea what purpose the evil team could have, but it has something to do with the sun and the moon for sure... Duh!!

I'm really looking forward to Pokémon Sun & Moon!

Sprinter1988

The logic and motivations all make sense there, but I don't think they're going to release a game with a message little kids may take as suggesting Solar Energy is bad.

But that's not the message though. The message is Corporate Greed is bad. That's the driving force - Increasing their profits by creating more electrical energy.

It method being environmentally friendly does not necessarily mean that the people behind it are good people.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I don't know about the team wanting to destroy the sun or moon. Destroying the sun would not only render Earth uninhabitable, but the moon would cease to give light as well. Destroying the moon would upset tides, potentially causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, and, eventually, upset the Earth's spin on its axis. (Source: http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extreme-events/blog-what-if-the-moon-disappeared-130425.htm) They did go a similar route with Ruby/Sapphire, but being that the 'upset the ecosystem without thinking ahead at all' has been done, I'd be disappointed if they did it again.

I'd love a more realistic plot. Something that didn't have an "evil" team would be great - maybe everyone has to work together to solve the big problem this time. To include a conflict, one side could be perceived as 'less good' because they have a different idea for solving the problem than everyone else, but they don't know that what they're doing is actually making it worse. Each version could focus on the opposite 'side', so both side's motivations could be understood.

Lumineon457

I agree with Team Eclipse (I saw a WMG on TVTropes that made a very good case for it). I agree with female boss. The closest we've had was Ariana, and she shared her role with Archer.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Something I think is interesting is that in certain parts of the world, such as Norway, which have just 6 months of full daytime and 6 months of night. During the 6 months of complete darkness, stuff like the suicide rates, crime rates, depression, alcoholism etc. all rise, while the opposite is true for the 6 months of total light. You can wake up at 3 am and see random people playing sports during the sun months. I just mentioned it because somebody mentioned the possibility of the region being divided in half, with a light side and a dark side, and people are more miserable on the dark side.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
WOW, now I'm really hoping that this is the case! If SM has its own evil team, then everything would then combine together. Maybe not in SM as it would likely focus on its own region, but in the next pair of games after it, being the true "third versions." They would combine both Kalos and this new region and become an epic adventure to search for order. Great, now I'm really excited (and getting my hopes up). This would be an awesome way to integrate two generations in one system.

Remember the trailer for SM said something along the lines of in 2016 it all comes together or something like that.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
A evil team that actually are zealots for the respective cover legendary. They "carry out the wishes" of said ancient Pokemon, but it's very clear that their "interpretations" are corrupted by their greed for control and power. The player character and friends earn the respect of the legendary, and disbands the team. But the Boss is a tragic figure of sorts. They actually see themselves as the worthy choice, but they're a skewed by their toxic traits and overall "holier than thou" attitude. They see themselves not as the legendary's equal or friend, but as it's true messiah, able to totally rule it and the world and become something greater than what has been seen before, a new legend, in a way. So, capturing said legendary will break them and maybe change them for the better.

Or we have a evil team that already has the legend at their heel and controls day/night at their leisure, and they threaten the world with the power if their wishes aren't met. And here comes the protag slowly breaking a part their plans and bonding with the captured legendary.

Skip_Snip

I think it would be interesting if we saw the Team try to physically attack someone, and then the Pokemon pops out the Pokeball to defend them. I always wonder in playthroughs (and I bet I'm not the only one!) why the Team members don't just lock the protag in a cupboard or something, rather than indulging in battles which threaten their mission. A failed attempt to do so might shut me (and possibly others!) up.

I don't think it will be divided into two teams because the sun and the moon are kinda related to each other in more cases that one.
The land and sea are also kinda related ;)

misunderstoodhero

The trailer for S&M / 20th Pokemon Anniversary focused heavily on bonds (a 6th gen theme), friendship and unity.
I could imagine these as being the themes for this generation and the evil team's goals being a corruption of these themes and/or taken to their logical extremes by wanting to join everyone together in one of two ways:
1. Assuming this game is set in Hawaii, bring all the islands together. Or this could be taken even further in that their goal is to bring all landmasses together to form a super-continent once again.
2. Somehow, the team aims to end hatred/prejudice by using some Pokemon's power to make everyone the same and remove all individuality, making everyone truly equal.
We haven't seen this kind of villainous team yet, and this could possibly have been hinted at in "It all comes together..." in the trailer.
Team Unity could work, but like others I like the name Team Eclipse, especially for the idea of joining opposites together, even if done forcefully.
If done right, Gamefreak could use this kind of story to teach the younger audiences about equality and differences in a way Pokemon hasn't touched upon yet.

EDIT: Or perhaps again their could be version differences. In one game this team is trying to bring everyone together, in another they are trying to separate them but still with the noble intentions of ending prejudices by allowing everyone to live in peace away from each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.