1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by UltimateNinja, Feb 26, 2016.

1. LockFelino

LockFelino Sparkling Noodleboi

I know that Plumeria is a type of flower, which the character's hair shares the colours of. I'm not sure about Guzma though...

2. Achernar

Achernar star-mapping pro

I just wish that Guzmo's team would be cool and original. Team Flare boss' team in XY was boring.

3. Wryteous

Wryteous Rogue Trainer

Sadly, from what I've seen so far. Guzma seems like a typical street thug/ delinquent that's just been given the title of gang leader. Will have to wait and see if he actually has any depth to his character

4. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Well, he already seems to have a backstory, which is more than Lysandre (and some of the other Pokémon villains) can say.

5. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

What backstory?

Edit: Okay, he has "history" with Kukui.. Well, that could be anything really. I got the same vibe from Sycamore/Lysandre.

6. clbgolden12

That still means Guzma has a backstory that we'll learn of, regardless of how good/bad it may be.

7. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Knowing Japan fixation on romanticize the delinquent type character he is going to get a lot of fleshing.

8. sheld999

sheld999 Well-Known Member

there prob be 2 more admins

9. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Based on what evidence?

10. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

He seems to have also been rejected as a Trial Captain for some reason as well, along with the other members of Team Skull, which is obviously why they formed the organization. So this is extremely different from past teams, as they always obviously included the legendaries in their plot somehow, as of now, there's no implications that Team Skull want to use the mascot legendary Pokemon.

11. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

What makes you think that?

I mean, Gen 2 had 2 Executives, split into 4 for HG/SS. Gen 3 had 2 Admins per team, Team Galactic had 3/4 Commanders (depending on whether you're playing D/P or Pt). Plasma had...nothing, really, that was akin to Admins, though they did have 6 Sages (7 including Ghetsis) and the Shadow Triad, Anthea and Concordia (the Godesses of Team Plasma), and Colress , but Ghetsis and N were the only named members that could be battled in B/W, with some (but not all) of the others being battled in B2/W2. Finally, Flare had 5 Scientists, an Elite Four member, and a brainwashed, cybernetically enhanced teenager.

Unless you're seeing a pattern I'm not, I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

12. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

To be fair, we don't really know what Team Skulls endgame is yet. It may very well involve the Legendary Pokemon. If we didn't know the endgame of previous teams, then it wouldn't be obvious that they want to use their respective Legendary Pokemon (with the arguable exception of Aqua and Magma due to motif similarities).

13. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Yet-- iirc someone mentioned the legendaries play a very unique and different role this time around. That role may be that they're in no way related to the evil team.

Plus, Team Galactic was obviously connected to the legendaries as well with the whole space theme.

14. clbgolden12

Maybe not two exactly, but judging by all the info you presented, it looks like their has never been just one admin.

15. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

You're right about that. I kinda like Johto Team Rocket's set up in HGSS with four Executives. How many admin/executive/higher-ups would you like to see?

16. clbgolden12

I think two or three admins would be enough. Just not as many as Plasma's sages or Flare's scientists, I still just barely remember all their names. :p

17. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

Brainwashed enhanced teenager?

18. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

Yeah, Team Plasm had way too many higher-ups. I definitely can't remember all of the Sages' names. Flare was pushing it a little, but I think the names were weird and hard to remember. I mean, sure, their names had to with science but... Wouldn't want any of those names lol.

19. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

True, but there's also never been a consistent number, either. I think that Plumeria will be our one and only this time around, actually. Team Skull is a smaller organization, it would seem. Yes, they have been able to cause major trouble all through out Alola, and even overtake a whole city, but they still appear to be more small-time than other teams. I mean, the Grunts have to buy their own uniforms, and their plans don't appear to be global domination/a doomsday plot. They are just old fashioned, honest to goodness, salt of the Earth street thugs.

Actually, scratch that, they're punks. Counter-culture clothing, dyed hair, possible anarchist ideals; these guys are so punk rock. I mean, punk by way of hip-hop, but still. This would explain a possible lack of higher ups, with only Guzma and Plumeria taking any sort of authoritative roles. Oooo, I really hope that's what it is!

Sorry if that got rambley, btw :p

Someone didn't play the Looker Missions XD

20. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

There had never been a region without gyms, either.

Considering Plumeria's emotional connection to the grunts in Team Skull, I think it's best she remains the sole admin. Having more than one would diminish her significance.