• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennith

Banned
How many admins do you think there are? Would there be at least two more or something?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
How many admins do you think there are? Would there be at least two more or something?
I'm thinking there could be at least one more, since we typically have more than one admin.

That's debatable.

Not really, Evil Team = Space when the mascots are Timespace themed is quite obvious if you have the intelligence of someone one over the age of a like, eight year old.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Not really, Evil Team = Space when the mascots are Timespace themed is quite obvious if you have the intelligence of someone one over the age of a like, eight year old.

Space=/= Space-Time

Space is only an aspect of the "Space-Time continuum" though. So people aren't incorrect in saying that Team Galactic doesn't reflect the legends the best.

And it's probably not the best idea to use insults like that, instead of making others seem childish, only you do.

Luthor

Interesting that Guzma uses an Ariados in battle. Team Skull members are seen using Haunter and Drowzee at least. I wonder what Plumeria will use.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Interesting that Guzma uses an Ariados in battle. Team Skull members are seen using Haunter and Drowzee at least. I wonder what Plumeria will use.

Golbat, for sure, since we see her using one in the trailer (in an Ultra Ball no less).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm thinking there could be at least one more, since we typically have more than one admin.

I'm just glad that Team Skull's current admin Plumeria seems like a unique character unlike Team Flare's admins, which all seemed like carbon copies of each other. But yea, I'm sure we'll get a few more Team Skull admins, hopefully with cooler designs. ^^

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I rather see Team Skull and the mascots be together in the plot. Evil teams with legendary pokemon in their plots are the best by far.

Isn't that all we've seen since RSE though? It'd be nice for a change with an actual good evil team. Team Rocket was just too simple and bland tbh.

So of course the plots with the evil team/legendaries would be best because we've really had nothing to compare.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
An ideal fresh plot might involve the villainous team simply causing disturbances whilst in the background a more sinister or cataclysmic event is brewing. So that instead of disbanding / defeating the team, they are eventually brought around to assisting the protagonist characters deal with a far more serious plot

Elementman-Novapoke

An ideal fresh plot might involve the villainous team simply causing disturbances whilst in the background a more sinister or cataclysmic event is brewing. So that instead of disbanding / defeating the team, they are eventually brought around to assisting the protagonist characters deal with a far more serious plot

I like this idea - it could also give Guzma the redemption arc I think he'll end up getting.

Guy gets rejected as Trial Captain, forms Team Skull and causes havoc throughout the region, legendary-cataclysmic shenanigans, Guzma helps to save the day, gains acceptance.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I like this idea - it could also give Guzma the redemption arc I think he'll end up getting.

Guy gets rejected as Trial Captain, forms Team Skull and causes havoc throughout the region, legendary-cataclysmic shenanigans, Guzma helps to save the day, gains acceptance.

ooo yeah that'd work perfectly imo and I really likethat.

gliscor&yanmega

Have they ever revealed the villain leader before revealing an admin though? Have a hard time seeing another admin being revealed.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Isn't that all we've seen since RSE though? It'd be nice for a change with an actual good evil team. Team Rocket was just too simple and bland tbh.

So of course the plots with the evil team/legendaries would be best because we've really had nothing to compare.
Well, we do have the first two pairs of games for comparison, where the villain plots were very "eh".

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Guzma's motive would be that he was rejected as a Trial Captain? That's ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as 'the world needs to be prettier so let's blow everything up!'

If anything their reasoning is probably more reasonable than the others. They were rejected as Trial Captains(Likely a big dream for the characters getting crushed), we still don't know WHY they were rejected too.

But in comparison we have:

'More money and Pokemon!'
'We need to drown the place for water Pokemon!'
'Screw that! Scorch the place for people and land Pokemon!'
'This world sucks, let's make a new one!'
'Free your Pokemon so I can rule the world!'
'Let's make the world prettier. By killing everything on the planet, of course.'

Then you have:

'We were rejected as Trial Leaders for seemingly no reason, crushing our dreams. Let's crush theirs then!' To me it seems like a sort of revenge plot this time around rather than a ridiculous goal that makes no sense.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
But in comparison we have:

'More money and Pokemon!'
'We need to drown the place for water Pokemon!'
'Screw that! Scorch the place for people and land Pokemon!'
'This world sucks, let's make a new one!'
'Free your Pokemon so I can rule the world!'
'Let's make the world prettier. By killing everything on the planet, of course.'

Then you have:

'We were rejected as Trial Leaders for seemingly no reason, crushing our dreams. Let's crush theirs then!'
While not being over-the-top in drama- if this is Guzma's reasoning for his actions- it certainly makes him the pettiest main villian in the games so far

Erron Black

The Outlaw
While not being over-the-top in drama- if this is Guzma's reasoning for his actions- it certainly makes him the pettiest main villian in the games so far

Which makes it even better since it'd really work for the 'main antagonist' being petty.

The others were just so caught up in fantasy land that it didn't make sense and frankly, was too over-dramatic.

Aetius

I think that we're judging Guzma's motives wrongly...
It's obvious that what led him to create Team Skull is related to him getting rejected, but I don't think that hid story is so petty and simple.
According to a theory that I really liked, Guzma, in his twisted mind, sees in the Trials something that brought chaos to the order of Alola and that wasn't meant to be.
At the times of the monarchy however, times were different and anyone could be part of the everything.
Unfortunately for him, this cannot be achieved in the present, that's why he wants to destroy what he doesn't like.
He's trying to create his world in another one that doesn't correspond to his ideals.
Besides, if this theory is true, Lillie might become relevant too (heck, they even told us that!).
In fact, I suspect that she's a descendant to the last Alolan king!
Just theories so far, but who knows, they might become true! :D

Julia Artemis

So I was just thinking what if Team Skull isn't really the antagonist really and instead Lillie uses them as a smokescreen to awaken Lunala/Solgaleo to put an end to Pokemon battling and is basically an animal rights activist. I think that would be an interesting take and honestly I can't see Team Skull to be obsessed with the legendaries, but we know they will be involved in the story somehow and this would be a better way to do a hidden villain than they did in X and Y.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So I was just thinking what if Team Skull isn't really the antagonist really and instead Lillie uses them as a smokescreen to awaken Lunala/Solgaleo to put an end to Pokemon battling and is basically an animal rights activist. I think that would be an interesting take and honestly I can't see Team Skull to be obsessed with the legendaries, but we know they will be involved in the story somehow and this would be a better way to do a hidden villain than they did in X and Y.

Well, to be fair, Lysandre was hardly a 'hidden villain' considering he had a huge resemblance to the grunts and overall theme of 'Flare'.

Status
Not open for further replies.