• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Well, to be fair, Lysandre was hardly a 'hidden villain' considering he had a huge resemblance to the grunts and overall theme of 'Flare'.

Yeah, calling Lysandre a hidden villain is like calling Blue a hidden jerk; there was never really any question. If you want an example of a hidden villain in a Pokemon game, then Colosseum is a better choice. I don't think we were ever supposed to buy Lysandre as a forward-thinking philanthropist and nothing more.

Julia Artemis

Yeah I guess, though it totally didn't work for me and made everyone in the game seem really dumb. Lillie seems like if she is the antagonist has a much more complex and compelling reason for doing what she's doing. Really Lysandre is the worst

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Due to their use of ghosts types, street gang motif, and name, I would like to see them as the villains who wish to establish peace and order using fear of force. They see these trainers running around as threats to their power, using a cover story to cover their tracks.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just realized, Mimikyu would make a great Pokémon for Team Skull. Aside from being a Ghost-type, Mimikyu looks like it does to try and be accepted, similar to how Skull's main gripe seems to be how they weren't accepted as Trial Captains.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
If we're going with the idea that Guzma and Team Skull are taking vengeance for not being accepted as Trial Captains. Then you have to wonder what exactly they did wrong in order to be rejected.
From what we've seen of Trial Captains and Kahunas, they all appear to be enthusiastic and accepting people just as most Gym Leaders are. The trial challenges themselves seem to be about helping, gaining knowledge and obviously respecting and battling totem pokemon.
So if Guzma was rejected, was it because of a reason that can be seen as sympathetic? Or is he simply a delinquent with no redeemable qualities?

Red and Blue

Crabrawler or it's evolved form may end up being Guzma's main Pokemon. Guzma's glasses actually resemble Crabrawler's two eyeshapes.

Julia Artemis

So since we know we're getting new forms of Zygarde and seems like it will play a bigger role in Sun and Moon than it did in X and Y I was thinking how will it effect the plot of the game. There is a big rumor that Zygarde core is inside Lillie's bag and there seems to be something mysterious involving her and the Zygarde cores seem to have weird abilities, I can totally see while Solgaleo and Lunala may be the mascot legendaries but the major force of destruction in the game could be Zygarde, representing the emissary of the continents. Than that could mean Marshadow could be the emissary of the seas. I don't know I haven't totally worked out the kinks but I sense there will be a huge climactic scene way more so than any of the more recent Pokemon games.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Crabrawler or it's evolved form may end up being Guzma's main Pokemon. Guzma's glasses actually resemble Crabrawler's two eyeshapes.

This would be great to be honest.

diakyu

Hmmm, well this is peculiar. The Aether Foundation may very well be the bad guys in a twist. They're structured like an evil team.

Akashin

Hmmm, well this is peculiar. The Aether Foundation may very well be the bad guys in a twist. They're structured like an evil team.

If they are, the game seems to be doing an okay job of masking that. Their structure aside, they seem relatively on the level.

With that said, the same thing occurred to me. Maybe there is some truth to the idea that Team Skull is a small-time threat being used by a bigger one?

diakyu

With that said, the same thing occurred to me. Maybe there is some truth to the idea that Team Skull is a small-time threat being used by a bigger one?
Yeah, creating an entire artificial island to protect Pokemon from Team Skull seems like over kill for how small time Skull seems to be.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I actually think in a way team skull and this "enforcer" will basically be your "rivals". At least in the traditional way.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Team Skull looks a lot more like an ordinary group of thugs than they would a big time evil organization, so it's a theory I could definitely buy.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
I always had a feeling Team Skull wouldn't be the villains. They seem relatively small scale and not like they'd be too engaging narrative wise. But I actually like this way of masking the true evil team entirely even in marketing. They tried masking the team leader in gen 6, but that didn't really work.

Akashin

I actually think in a way team skull and this "enforcer" will basically be your "rivals". At least in the traditional way.

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you bring it up, Gladion did sort of look like he could lean in that direction.

.Aerodactyl.

What if they pull a ruby/sapphire and in one game, Skull ends up being the main villain team and in the other the aether foundation is?

Status
Not open for further replies.