• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

I'd be fine if Gladion is like Wally in that instead of having a starter his ace that Type:Null is his ace, but would at least like to know what happens to the other starter that the character and Hau don't pick. But something that is bugging me is what is up with Gladion grabbing his arm and twitching? what do you guys think is the reason for him grabbing his arm wrist?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'd be fine if Gladion is like Wally in that instead of having a starter his ace that Type:Null is his ace, but would at least like to know what happens to the other starter that the character and Hau don't pick. But something that is bugging me is what is up with Gladion grabbing his arm and twitching? what do you guys think is the reason for him grabbing his arm wrist?

I think it's meant to add some kind of character to the Team's "Enforcer". Like his tensing his arm is like him "flexing" his enforcing role.
Otherwise it's just like a signature action for the character.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

He's a descendant of THE Owain.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Standard chuuni stuff about not being able to control your power from going haywire.

.Aerodactyl.

If the Aether Foundation are bad guys, I don't think they're INTENTIONAL bad guys. I can see a scenario where they don't realize the harm they're doing with all the artificial everything, and don't understand that Pokemon need NATURE.

Yeah, I agree with this. I definitely think they will end up being more evil then team skull, but I think it's more out of ignorance or blindness. At the very least, I don't think the grunts and Wicke are evil. I also genuinely believe Lusamine's love for Pokémon, it just might end up being "messed up" or "mis-applied" or what have you. Fabe does have serious mad scientist vibes, but I'm hoping he too is good at heart. He also actually bears a bit of resemblance to Lusamine, and by extension Gladion and Lilli. Anyone think it's possible he too might be related to them? An uncle perhaps?

EDIT: I also believe team skull will be redeemed at the end and change their ways... Perhaps joining with the Aether foundation to "balance" it and make it the paradise/sanctuary it is supposed to be. Perhaps the artificial island is even adopted into Alola, and Guzma becomes a Kahuna with people like Plumeria becoming a trial captain. Or maybe Guzma just becomes a trial captain there.

No evidence, juat some thoughts.

Last edited:

Born Better

God of Lightning
Reeeeeally not sure where people are getting the idea that Team Skull are secretly good guys or that they're working under Aether. They're very clearly bad and in opposition of Aether. I'm with the side saying Skull is just the lesser of two evils; assuming Aether really is evil, which I'll admit is likely. Kind of a shame, because I'd have loved to see Team Skull actually manage to cause some serious damage; not that I think this is bad. Same goes for Gladion. He probably just stole it from Aether(was it even confirmed they created it or they its creation will be even remotely relevant to the overall plot?)because it was really strong. Also not sure where the whole Gladion=Rival thing came from. Absolutely nothing we've seen even remotely implies that. It seriously just seems like a bunch of people desparately wanting another Gary/Silver.

I gotta say I'm really curious as to how Suncat, Moonbat, and possibly Zygarde and the other XY stuff is gonna tie into all this.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I really don't think the Aether Foundation is evil. Though I could see them accidentally screwing things up.

I guess I could see Faba being evil, he looks a bit shady. But Lusamine seems sincere about helping pokemon, and Wicke seems to be a nice person.

PS: Fun fact for the day. But I don't think Lusamine is ever explicitly stated to be female.

Now while I believe it's pretty obvious that she is. You can deny it until it's straight up said. ;P

.Aerodactyl.

Reeeeeally not sure where people are getting the idea that Team Skull are secretly good guys or that they're working under Aether. They're very clearly bad and in opposition of Aether. I'm with the side saying Skull is just the lesser of two evils; assuming Aether really is evil, which I'll admit is likely. Kind of a shame, because I'd have loved to see Team Skull actually manage to cause some serious damage; not that I think this is bad. Same goes for Gladion. He probably just stole it from Aether(was it even confirmed they created it or they its creation will be even remotely relevant to the overall plot?)because it was really strong. Also not sure where the whole Gladion=Rival thing came from. Absolutely nothing we've seen even remotely implies that. It seriously just seems like a bunch of people desparately wanting another Gary/Silver.

I gotta say I'm really curious as to how Suncat, Moonbat, and possibly Zygarde and the other XY stuff is gonna tie into all this.

Yeah, I think they aren't good either, just that they might end up less bad then Aether in the long run. I think they will be redeemed of their evil ways so to speak and repent and change at the end (maybe not all of them but a lot of them).

I personally like the rival theory for Gladion. I think it mostly came up just because of how he was introduced, which isn't really evidence or anything. Just speculation.

He seems to be closer to our age then the other team Skull members that we've seen, actually looks around our age to be honest. He was also introduced seperatly after everyone else, even after the boss, which is kind of new. Usually admins and the like get introduced together and the bosses later. We also don't have confirmation of anyone else getting the starter that is strongest against ours , as Hau picks the weaker, and Gladion was shown to have one other Pokémon besides Type: Null but we didn't see what it was. So people look at that sort of thing and think ' it could be the other starter '.

Again, none of this is evidence. It's just points that drive the speculation and the idea.

Dragon Pulse

Wicke reminds me of Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter. Seemed like a sweet lady at first, but she was truly a cold-hearted and wicked woman. I believe that's what Wicke will be like.

Born Better

God of Lightning
PS: Fun fact for the day. But I don't think Lusamine is ever explicitly stated to be female.

Now while I believe it's pretty obvious that she is. You can deny it until it's straight up said. ;P
No. Do not start this *censored* Not here. Not now. Not ever.

That stuff about Gladden really doesn't mean jack. Oh he has another pokemon? Oh he's near your age? So what? Sure there's the fact that he was introduced latter, but that's very likely because of his almost certain connection with Lillie and Lusamine.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I really don't think the Aether Foundation is evil. Though I could see them accidentally screwing things up.

I guess I could see Faba being evil, he looks a bit shady. But Lusamine seems sincere about helping pokemon, and Wicke seems to be a nice person.

Wasn't she using feminine speech pattern in the japanese trailer?

marrycherrylips

i really like the idea of this foundation but i can see where potential flaws are and i wouldnt be surprised if there was something going on under the surface

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Wicked. I know she's evil, ha!

*Gasp* Wicke is a previous little biscuit, you take that back good sir!

For real though, is she one of, if not the shortest of the actual adult characters we've had if she wasn't wearing heels? If so, that's pretty neat

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Wicked. I know she's evil, ha!

Fun Fact: Wicke is the German word for "vetch", a fern-like plant that is toxic if eaten in large quantities, leading to it being used as a "last resort crop". Who knows, that might hint at something...

Faba comes from faba beans, which explains the shape and color of his signature glasses. Faba beans, though typically edible, should be avoided by though on anti-depressants, as the chemical interaction between those two ingested substances can lead to your red blood cells breaking down, causing severe anemia.

And Lusamine is a flower. Her name comes from the Impatiens balsamina to be exact, better known as the garden balsam or touch-me-not. This flowering plant is used as something of a cure-all, serving as a traditional treatment for everything from rheumatism to snake bites. It also contains a chemical that is the key ingredient in sunless tanner, making her paleness a bit of hilarious irony. If you're wondering why they're called touch-me-nots, that because touching the matured seed pod of one of these plants will result in it explosively dispensing its seeds. This, in conjunction with them being poisonous if ingested incorrectly, give these plants just as much potential to harm as they do to help.

Similarly, Gladion's name comes from the genus Gladiolus. Species under this genus are sometimes referred to as "sword lillies", as it is derived from "gladius", meaning "sword". It is the birth flower of the month of August and it represents honor, faithfulness, and strength of character. It also has a Greek legend attached to it:

"Two brothers fell madly in love with the same young woman. Neither one would back down, with each believing they deserved her more. Their brotherly love gave way to intense hatred until it reached a point where they vowed to fight each other to the death. The battle raged, with furious clashes of steel echoing through the air, until both brothers fell due to their fatal wounds. In their final moments, they plunged their swords into the ground. According to the legend, from that very spot grew the first two gladiolus plants, with leaves like little swords and blood red flowers marked in their hearts with white splashes from the tears of the young woman who unwittingly and unwantedly caused their demises."

.Aerodactyl.

Fun Fact: Wicke is the German word for "vetch", a fern-like plant that is toxic if eaten in large quantities, leading to it being used as a "last resort crop". Who knows, that might hint at something...

Faba comes from faba beans, which explains the shape and color of his signature glasses. Faba beans, though typically edible, should be avoided by though on anti-depressants, as the chemical interaction between those two ingested substances can lead to your red blood cells breaking down, causing severe anemia.

And Lusamine is a flower. Her name comes from the Impatiens balsamina to be exact, better known as the garden balsam or touch-me-not. This flowering plant is used as something of a cure-all, serving as a traditional treatment for everything from rheumatism to snake bites. It also contains a chemical that is the key ingredient in sunless tanner, making her paleness a bit of hilarious irony. If you're wondering why they're called touch-me-nots, that because touching the matured seed pod of one of these plants will result in it explosively dispensing its seeds. This, in conjunction with them being poisonous if ingested incorrectly, give these plants just as much potential to harm as they do to help.

Similarly, Gladion's name comes from the genus Gladiolus. Species under this genus are sometimes referred to as "sword lillies", as it is derived from "gladius", meaning "sword". It is the birth flower of the month of August and it represents honor, faithfulness, and strength of character. It also has a Greek legend attached to it:

"Two brothers fell madly in love with the same young woman. Neither one would back down, with each believing they deserved her more. Their brotherly love gave way to intense hatred until it reached a point where they vowed to fight each other to the death. The battle raged, with furious clashes of steel echoing through the air, until both brothers fell due to their fatal wounds. In their final moments, they plunged their swords into the ground. According to the legend, from that very spot grew the first two gladiolus plants, with leaves like little swords and blood red flowers marked in their hearts with white splashes from the tears of the young woman who unwittingly and unwantedly caused their demises."

Wow thanks for all this! Cool info. Seems like everyone has plant/flower names in Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.