• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba

Flare was pretty transparently evil
Aether is most similar to Galactic, whose cover story was betterment of man kind. Though in that case, the rank & file weren't aware of Cyrus' true goal and how it'd entail.

Assuming Aether isn't explicitly evil, I can see it being a thing like "we're doing this secret bad thing that involves chimera experiements because its the only way* to save the world/pokemon"
*not actually only way, shortsighted, follies of man, blah blah blah

I also wouldn't be surprised if Lusamine isn't privvy to the underbelly of aether mostly because Faba is so very clearly a mad scientist who would be doing his own thing i mean look at him

He reminds me of Blaine for some reason. I guess good ol' Oak isn't the only one to have a cousin in Alola.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
He reminds me of Blaine for some reason. I guess good ok' Oak isn't the only one to have a cousin in Alola.

If Blaine had a relative who dressed like Faba, I'm pretty sure his ridicule of them would be neverending.

shadowF

Do you guys think we will be able to battle some of the villains in this story for rematches in postgame?

Guys this is even more irrelevant flower and plant research, and probably looking way too far into things, but...

Today I was searching Wicke's name origin, and it turns out she shares her name origin with Faba, in the Vicia Faba, aka the Broad Bean. This bean was apparently restricted fom use or even touching by people who followed Pythagoreanism. Pythagoreanism followed scientific and mythical beliefs. What is both scientific and mythical? Alchemy. What is likely relevant to Sun/Moon? Alchemy. I'm likely looking way too far down the rabbit hole, but does anyone here think it may be relevant?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Guys this is even more irrelevant flower and plant research, and probably looking way too far into things, but...

Today I was searching Wicke's name origin, and it turns out she shares her name origin with Faba, in the Vicia Faba, aka the Broad Bean. This bean was apparently restricted fom use or even touching by people who followed Pythagoreanism. Pythagoreanism followed scientific and mythical beliefs. What is both scientific and mythical? Alchemy. What is likely relevant to Sun/Moon? Alchemy. I'm likely looking way too far down the rabbit hole, but does anyone here think it may be relevant?

Another sign that they are secretly the bad guys, including the whole Aether Foundation. Besides, the whole game has signs of alchemy whenever you look, from the legendaries to even the starters.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Another sign that they are secretly the bad guys, including the whole Aether Foundation. Besides, the whole game has signs of alchemy whenever you look, from the legendaries to even the starters.
... That's a bit subjective.

Luthor

Any one else find it curious how much affection there seems to be in team skull for eachother . I wonder if it's just a quirk or has a more underlying meaning.

TyLogic

Any one else find it curious how much affection there seems to be in team skull for eachother . I wonder if it's just a quirk or has a more underlying meaning.

When they said that Plumeria was the "big sister" of Team Skull, I wasn't expecting her to actually be called "big sis" by the grunts.

R_N

When they said that Plumeria was the "big sister" of Team Skull, I wasn't expecting her to actually be called "big sis" by the grunts.

They're probably based on yakuza gangs (guzma certainly is judging by his in battle stance), where the big bro/big sis terms are used a lot

shadowF

so what is team skull's ultimate goal in the end?

Orphalesion

Do Yakuza buffs often call their fellow gang members "bro" and "sis"?

"big brother" and "big sister" (as well as "little brother") Those words are honorifics in Japan and thus have a different cultural meaning, so yes, an inexperienced, low level Yakuza will call a more experienced, slighlty higher ranking one their "big brother/sister" and will be called "little brother/sister" by them in return.

After all organized crime often uses family terminology. The Italian mob is often called the "familia", same thing.

Last edited:

nandermind

What I thought is

team skull is basically bike gang. They just wreak havoc anything as they wanted. And aether foundation backed up them

We might wondering right why team skull wanna sell those stolen pkmn?

Yep assumed sold to aether foundation by huge cash

If we seen on game (sorry spoiler) we will seen so many frozen Pokemon on lusamine's side

That's where it should ended on

Assumed ash will beat team skull up first.. kiawe asking them who are their backup. They didn't respond. And gladion tells ..

Lillie is total sad as she is thought that her mom is a kind woman. But in fact is a psychopath . Serena cut hair scene repeated

They're done tournament first. Assumed ash might get #1

Then team aether shows up their true colors... Rest of them might be happened like game

Status
Not open for further replies.