• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
A new generation of Pokemon, a new region and of course a new evil team we need to defeat. There are multiple templates for the moon&sun based story, including a part of the norse mythology.

Also what thematic will this generation use? There not that many left and over the years the most got covered

Gen 1 - Genetics and partnership with pokemon
Gen 2 - Legends and culture
Gen 3 - Nature and habitats
Gen 4 - Mythology and the history of the worlds creation
Gen 5 - Dreams/Reality and Friendship
Gen 6 - Life/Death and war.

So I think there will be two new teams for the first time since R/S. And the overall story is based about the Night/Day cycle with the one team trying to archive their goal of eternal darkness/sunshine It just seems so logical to use. The main thematic of this generation will probably be emotions and Light/Darkness, but that's only my speculation.

LizardonX

Banned
The team leader is some emo nerdy kid whose skin easily sunburns so he sets off to destroy the sun so he never has to worry about it again.

Calling it now

Sarefan

Hylden General.
A new generation of Pokemon, a new region and of course a new evil team we need to defeat. There are multiple templates for the moon&sun based story, including a part of the norse mythology.

Also what thematic will this generation use? There not that many left and over the years the most got covered

Gen 1 - Genetics and partnership with pokemon
Gen 2 - Legends and culture
Gen 3 - Nature and habitats
Gen 4 - Mythology and the history of the worlds creation
Gen 5 - Dreams/Reality and Friendship
Gen 6 - Life/Death and war.

So I think there will be two new teams for the first time since R/S. And the overall story is based about the Night/Day cycle with the one team trying to archive their goal of eternal darkness/sunshine It just seems so logical to use. The main thematic of this generation will probably be emotions and Light/Darkness, but that's only my speculation.
Meh, I didn't like the two evil organisation theme on RSE / ORAS. I'd rather stick with one team.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I don't think it will be divided into two teams because the sun and the moon are kinda related to each other in more cases that one. I'm not saying that the storyline has to go with the realities of the real world, but I just could not see any difference or clashing ideologies that are related to the game titles. Or maybe I'm just not creative enough to think of one.

I kinda of what it to be two clashing teams again, though. Or maybe four teams related to the seasons (okay, this is probably pushing it lol).

Xuxuba

I think they might be related to ghost types considering how many easter eggs involving ghosts we got in the past years, maybe GF put them there to hint at that.

Chomper4

I think the goal for this new evil team is to create their own suicide through genocide. No blood, gore, sex, or anything non kid friendly, but an evil team seeing all of life, including themselves, as meaningless. And their leader, who I hope for the first time is female, will seek the legendary mascot of the respective game to try to accomplish this suicide genocide.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I think the goal for this new evil team is to create their own suicide through genocide. No blood, gore, sex, or anything non kid friendly, but an evil team seeing all of life, including themselves, as meaningless. And their leader, who I hope for the first time is female, will seek the legendary mascot of the respective game to try to accomplish this suicide genocide.

To simply, Undertale Morality Principles should be implemented in this new generation. Great. Howeer, that will just go on the story.

Chomper4

To simply, Undertale Morality Principles should be implemented in this new generation. Great. Howeer, that will just go on the story.

Yes, and of course, you and your friends/rivals will try to stop them as they believe all living creatures, humans and Pokémon, should live their lives to the fullest and that every life is equal, of course the evil team will majorly disagree. And the Gym Leaders will be more openly active to help you stop the evil team, especially the last gym leader you will battle, who I think will be a Steel type user names Penny.

Plus, I think the new evil team will be Team Snow.

Xuxuba

I hope this evil team wants to destroy all pokemon because they see them as nothing more than weapons of destruction. That would be a great opportunity to explore themes such as how Pokémon are pretty dangerous creatures and how, despite that, they work really well with humans. One thing i liked about BW's story was that it was centered around all Pokémon and not the creation of a new world nor human genocide. This game is supposed to be about Pokémon after all.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
BW had a really good story. The humanizatino of pokemon. YES or NO? Good point.
I think they could bring some subjects that are affecting our world today. War, Corruption... all that. I'm not saying to make it a dark game but GF knows hoe to put some curtains in every thing

Red and Blue

Given that Gen 7 involves the moon and the sun, it is possible that the new team will be outer space themed like Galactic.

Team Eclipse sounds about right

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I hope it's not as simple as "Team Lunar wants to destroy the sun, Team Solar wants to destroy the moon" or something.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sun and Moon could have version exclusive teams or just one evil team depending on what Game Freak would go with. I could see Team Sun and Team Moon but that is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.