• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Another mini story that I can think of for this game would be like a mini story on an optional quest where you, the player, get to visit a harbor museum. The inspiration? A statue of prayer of respects to all the men and women and children that died in a Pokemon Version of World War 2 (I'm looking at Lt. Surge Fan story).

And what if we might be able to see an old ship there that is just used as a museum but has fought during a war.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
WOW, now I'm really hoping that this is the case! If SM has its own evil team, then everything would then combine together. Maybe not in SM as it would likely focus on its own region, but in the next pair of games after it, being the true "third versions." They would combine both Kalos and this new region and become an epic adventure to search for order. Great, now I'm really excited (and getting my hopes up). This would be an awesome way to integrate two generations in one system.

Have you noticed the colors on Zygarde's chest?

Have you noticed the colors for the SM logos?

X/Y logos are indigo/dark blue and red.

S/M logos are turquoise/light blue and orange.

That just leaves the color white on Zygarde's chest unaccounted for.

(I know that yellow, green, and violet are also colors of the rainbow but they aren't on Zygarde's chest :b)

And as we all know white is every color in the visible spectrum. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof of this. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow.The key word here is atmospheric, but I'll get to that later. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

And black isn't a color, it is the absence of color. When it's night time people often use the term, "it's pitch black out". Black is associated with darkness and in turn the night.

Because of this rainbows are associated with the sun, however moonbows or moon/lunar rainbows as they are also known do occur, we just don't see the colors and thus moon rainbows appear to be grey. Moonbows are most easily viewed when the moon is at or nearest to its brightest phase full moon. For true moonbows to have the greatest prospect of appearing, the moon must be low in the sky and the night sky must be very dark.

(And of course there is the Sundial in Anistar City and the Hex Maniac quote referencing Moondials)

Because of this I assume rainbows will play a part in the story, I'm not sure if they will be an integral one but maybe just maybe.

(Also the Mega Evolution logo is rainbowish)

And as you guys have guessed it, the best place to see both rainbows and moonbows in the real world is Hawaii.

This puts a halt to my gen VII will be like Gen II in which we can revisit the previous region theory. Or does it?

I posted this in the Region/Locations thread and it applies here too.

What if the region isn't the Hawaiian geographical equivalent of the Pokemon world per se but instead be based on, or inspired by Hawaii. We already had Humilau city which was inspired by Hawaii but was georaphically located were Long Island would be. What if they do the same but we get a Hawaii-inspired Corsica. This would allow us to travel back to Kalos just how we were able to travel back to Kanto in Gen II.

I've also listed the thematic motifs/parallels that Gen II may possibly share with S/M. Gold and Silver's introduction of the Day/Night cycle and the Day/Night evolutions of Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon are some of the examples I listed.

Have people already discredited or forgotten about the Norse mythological references/connections? One of the key things missing was the Bifröst, the rainbow bridge.
And what do bridges do? They connect places and people.

Where do the villains come into this? Will they be messing around with rainbows/moonbows? I'm not sure, but they could potentially be messing around with the sun and moon enough that it brings an imbalance to the Pokemon ecosystem for there to be a connection with Zygarde. Zygarde's dex entry in Y and AS states that "It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives". With the villainous teams potentially messing with the sun and moon, which could lead to the creation of certain Pokemon and the destruction of others because of the ecological changes that messing with the sun and moon could bring. And I'm pretty sure that would create major disarray in the ecosystem, enough for Zygarde to show it's "secret" power. However the X and OR dex explicitly state the Kalos ecosystem so there's that.

In 2016 it all comes together guys.

Anyways this was just a THEORY that I came up with just for laughs since it will most likely be that there isn't and never will be a connection but this is the best I could come up with, hope you guys and gals enjoyed it.

However I do think I'm onto something with the rainbow stuff though, I mean the code name for these games was niji.

Credit to Wikipedia for the info.

Last edited:

GDSpeed

Poke-Weeb
Team Eclipse Confirmed ;3;)/

Maybe the team or story will have a connection to Team Galactic or something, since the Sun and Moon are in the Galaxy ._.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Team Eclipse Confirmed ;3;)/

Maybe the team or story will have a connection to Team Galactic or something, since the Sun and Moon are in the Galaxy ._.

Wait? What? Did I miss something? Or are you just joking around? I heard a Interesting theory this morning about how they will be a new team (lets say Team Eclipse) but its actually Team Flare working the Puppet strings in the background. And In the post game you travel back to Kalos to face off directly against a revived Team Flare who is after Zyagarde this time since Xernas/Yyteial are out of reach.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
@Zorocario: Dang, that's a lot of analysis! I agree with basically everything you've said, the connections to rainbows and Zygarde makes a lot of sense, and if this doesn't come true I would be severely disappointed, but it just goes together so well!

Also about what you mentioned about black as the absence of color, I have a feeling that in SM's region, they will have a legendary trio consisting of the Sun and Moon legendaries, as well as the third legend representing the absence of color. It could have a black core integrated in its design like how Zygarde has its cores in its chest, basically being its opposite. It could represent chaos and maybe be the first Poison type legendary since poison represents deterioration and a fault to balance. Like how our bodies usually function well in an orderly fashion unless some outside force suddenly enters and wrecks havoc. It could also be white as opposed to Zygarde's black. It would make for a pretty cool plot to fight against this harmful power in the sequel games.

So after SM, Game Freak will release another pair of games featuring Zygarde complete and this third legend of the SM trio. This would be perfect since there would be 4 main series games in both generations while tying them all together. It would be the ultimate finale for the 3DS, and I have a strong feeling that Game Freak is leading up to something really amazing.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Rainbow stuff.

^To add to this...

Okay, keep rainbows in mind.

Sun and Moon > Both in space.

Do you know what were also in space?

Power Rangers.

And what colour are Power Rangers if you put them in a line?

Rainbow.

Pokemon + Power Rangers crossover confirmed.

Mega Charizord also confirmed.

On a serious note, I'm probably currently going with an earlier idea I saw where it's possibly two evil teams with one wanting eternal nighttime and the other eternal daytime. But at this point there's very little to go on!

Wait? What? Did I miss something? Or are you just joking around? I heard a Interesting theory this morning about how they will be a new team (lets say Team Eclipse) but its actually Team Flare working the Puppet strings in the background. And In the post game you travel back to Kalos to face off directly against a revived Team Flare who is after Zyagarde this time since Xernas/Yyteial are out of reach.

I think I mentioned something like this in passing (concerning Flare being the masterminds behind this team and is then having to go back to Kalos and take down a neo-Flare team) when we were thinking along the lines of it being a Spanish region. I also made the point that members had to join Flare by paying an undisclosed sum (but we can safely assume it's quite big), which would explain why Xerosic has the funding to continue working as part of Flare in the post-game after Lysandre's disappearance. With this money, they could have done pretty much anything - such as relocate and rebuild, which is something of a strategy of war. And why do I make the reference to war-like tactics?

They want to go back to Kalos, take down the League and AZ, thus stopping any possible threat from taking down.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I'll say it anyways. What if the evil team is actually some sort of tribe? They're descendants from the original tribe members who worshipped said legendary, so they're trying to summon and use it to take over the region, or maybe even the entire world. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I'll say it anyways. What if the evil team is actually some sort of tribe? They're descendants from the original tribe members who worshipped said legendary, so they're trying to summon and use it to take over the region, or maybe even the entire world. Thoughts?

Like it and dislike it. However, there is way I think this could work, and it's kind of complicated, so bear with me:

There is a tribe, like you mentioned, which praises the legendary Pokémon. However, over the last few hundred years, sacred sites have
been demolished/destroyed, and battles have waged between the civilised and tribal folk.

In the present day, a sub-Flare division (idk why, but they have money, a lot of it, and so I don't think they'd bury themselves completely: perhaps rename and relocate?) is destroying the nature of this region, whilst also communicating with the tribe that this is because of the population of the region expanding, and blames the authorities, which the tribe dutifully attacks. The evil team does this to draw out the Sun/Moon Pokémon, as it is the tribe's link to them which can summon them, which has rarely happened in the past. They could have summoned them to stop people colonising the islands, protecting the beauty of the region. However, the Legendary Pokémon abandoned them and hasn't appeared for hundreds of years. But why do they want to summon the Sun/Moon Pokémon?

Simple. It always is. To capture it - and capture this region before waging war on Kalos (perhaps Kalosians had attempted but failed to colonise this region during the wars). This could all come to a head with the player being a "chosen one", a descendant of the chieftains, and being able to summon the Pokémon, to the anger of the evil team, who lose, seemingly erased.

However, after the game is complete, the main story at least, the player travels to Kalos, perhaps as a hope for peace between the two regions (Kalos has a history of violence, clearly, so this would be a major stepping stone). However, the player notices that the Sun/Moon Pokémon (which like Lati@s for roaming the skies does not need to be in the team to be part of the story) has had a strange effect on Kalos, perhaps even causing havoc at a welcome ceremony. This is due to Flare and their research into radiating stones and so on. Anyways, this has a major effect on Kalos' ecosystem, ultimately pulling Zygarde into the story.

That's just what I'd like to see, but hey, I have confidence GF will make this story as strong as Gen V's. I hope. I really, really hope.

DSDark

Breeder
The story needs to be compelling like B/W. Black and White had a story that questioned the believes and ideas of pokemon themselves. The pacing was perfect, Just when you were questioning when a rival would battle you they showed up. The number of pokemon and the diversity of the pokemon in a route was perfectly balanced. The amount of levels that could be gained in between gyms was perfect and the Elite 4 was turned up on it's head. There was a whole third of the game that wasn't available until after the elite 4.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Pokemon trafficking. Just kidding. Hmmm, probably a plan to take over the region by mind controlling all the pokemons and attempting to take over. Very cliche but I'm out of ideas. I liked reading every thing.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
On a serious note, I'm probably currently going with an earlier idea I saw where it's possibly two evil teams with one wanting eternal nighttime and the other eternal daytime.

So a rehash of the Team Aqua/Magma plot except this time it's Day vs Night instead of Land vs Sea. This would seem like the easy way out for Game Freak, but they could possibly go down this route. The target audience are children and for simplicty's sake going with this plot would make it easy for the target audience to follow along with at the expence of us, the older fans. However it would be quite boring and unoriginal but anything can happen.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So a rehash of the Team Aqua/Magma plot except this time it's Day vs Night instead of Land vs Sea. This would seem like the easy way out for Game Freak, but they could possibly go down this route. The target audience are children and for simplicty's sake going with this plot would make it easy for the target audience to follow along with at the expence of us, the older fans. However it would be quite boring and unoriginal but anything can happen.

Well, when you put it like that, and with ORAS being so recent, maybe not then eh!
I just realised I was trying to link the evil team to the name of the games when that really isn't a common trend nor necessary.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Well, when you put it like that, and with ORAS being so recent, maybe not then eh!
I just realised I was trying to link the evil team to the name of the games when that really isn't a common trend nor necessary.

It's not bad per se, they would just need to differentiate it enough from the Team Aqua/Team Magma plot.

They could actually dive deep into what their motivations are for doing what they are doing instead of just "I want more water becuz land sux and nu uh land is better than water becuz land is awesomez <3".

Make the villain characters likable and with distinct personalities, cool character designs, awesome battle music, etc.

Last edited:

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot

No, not really, but it could go hand and hand with my idea.

//Plugplugplugplugplug--

A evil team that actually are zealots for the respective cover legendary. They "carry out the wishes" of said ancient Pokemon, but it's very clear that their "interpretations" are corrupted by their greed for control and power. The player character and friends earn the respect of the legendary, and disbands the team. But the Boss is a tragic figure of sorts. They actually see themselves as the worthy choice, but they're a skewed by their toxic traits and overall "holier than thou" attitude. They see themselves not as the legendary's equal or friend, but as it's true messiah, able to totally rule it and the world and become something greater than what has been seen before, a new legend, in a way. So, capturing said legendary will break them and maybe change them for the better.

Or we have a evil team that already has the legend at their heel and controls day/night at their leisure, and they threaten the world with the power if their wishes aren't met. And here comes the protag slowly breaking a part their plans and bonding with the captured legendary.

taeuknam

But that's not the message though. The message is Corporate Greed is bad. That's the driving force - Increasing their profits by creating more electrical energy.

It method being environmentally friendly does not necessarily mean that the people behind it are good people.

The leaders of the villainous team can be Donald Trump and Martin Shkreli. The main character should be Bernie Sanders for male and Elizabeth Warren for female.

In all seriousness though, I like this idea, although I think the eternal light/darkness is more likely.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
The leaders of the villainous team can be Donald Trump and Martin Shkreli. The main character should be Bernie Sanders for male and Elizabeth Warren for female.

In all seriousness though, I like this idea, although I think the eternal light/darkness is more likely.

Would this Pokemon equivalent of Donald Trump be trying to build a wall? If so would he make Kanto pay for it?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Assuming it's Hawaii-based, I would really like to see the villains dressed in Hula outfit, especially if they go tribal.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I doubt it'd ever happen but i'd like to see a team like Team Rocket or Galatic and please give me a real rival and not someone who is supposed to be my bff.

Status
Not open for further replies.