• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
How would people find a return by Cyrus? As far as I'm aware, he was never confirmed as having died in Platinum, just being left in the Distortion World after vowing to still create a world without spirit.

I personally would love it, Platinum was one of my favourite games and he was a pretty badass villain.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Evil team leader that is like Darvos, lol! I think I'll be fine with any evil team as long as a legendary pokemon is involved.

How would people find a return by Cyrus? As far as I'm aware, he was never confirmed as having died in Platinum, just being left in the Distortion World after vowing to still create a world without spirit.

I personally would love it, Platinum was one of my favourite games and he was a pretty badass villain.

The thing is Team Galactic would go so well with it, plus this is the Gen that Sinnoh remakes come at the earliest :v

But probably not, the only time they've really tied Gens together was in I and II.

But cameos from characters like Mars and Jupiter would be awesome

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think cameos of admins/bosses from previous Evil Teams would be fine. Maybe they've cleaned up their act and have become a normal citizen/trainer that doesn't necessarily get involved with this generation's evil team.

How about Team Void? As in the vacuum that the moon and sun exist in. Team Magnet, which alludes to the force exterted by the Sun on Earth and a planet on its moon(s), sounds odd, but it could also work.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I would like if Sun & Moon each have their own villain team much like Sapphire & Ruby truthfully.

I'd like this as well but if we do get two villainous teams I'd like if we get to fight against both kind of like in Emerald. I figure it would making things a bit more challenging.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'd like this as well but if we do get two villainous teams I'd like if we get to fight against both kind of like in Emerald. I figure it would making things a bit more challenging.

I could see it making sense. One side wants it to be daytime all day and the other side wants it to be nighttime all day.

It'd be a stupid thing to fight about, but Aqua and Magma were just like that, lol.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I could see it making sense. One side wants it to be daytime all day and the other side wants it to be nighttime all day.

It'd be a stupid thing to fight about, but Aqua and Magma were just like that, lol.

A plausible idea.
Perhaps Team Diurn and Team Nocturn are the names (or Solar and Lunar).
Respectively, they use Solrocks and Lunatones frequently, and those two Pokémon get an evo or a Mega forme.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well let's see... We've had the mafia (Rocket), we've had lunatic environmental activists (Magma/Aqua), we've had insane terrorist organizations (Galactic), we've had ideological zealots (Plasma), and we've had Nazis (Flare).

The one thing we haven't had yet is a sort of pseudo-puritan anti-technology group. When I first saw Plasma's knight costumes I thought that's what they would end up being, but it turns out they're not really against technology at all, and the whole knights, castles, and kings thing seems to be more for show than anything else.

The thing is Team Galactic would go so well with it, plus this is the Gen that Sinnoh remakes come at the earliest :v

But probably not, the only time they've really tied Gens together was in I and II.

But cameos from characters like Mars and Jupiter would be awesome

As far as I'm aware, the events of Gen I and Gen III still take place simultaneously. The same can be said for Gen II and Gen IV.

Unless we're classing tied as directly and literally sequelistic and being able to travel to the previous region with the exact same evil team.

SoulSilver Eric

Kinda excited to see what the story is about. Ever since Black and White, Gamefreak has really been doing a great job with the narrative of each game as of late.

As far as I'm aware, the events of Gen I and Gen III still take place simultaneously. The same can be said for Gen II and Gen IV.

Unless we're classing tied as directly and literally sequelistic and being able to travel to the previous region with the exact same evil team.

I was meaning that it is unlikely that the two narratives would tie in with eachother to form a longer narrative, not the two taking place at the same time.

Nuzlocker4Life

What if the Delta Episode in ORAS revealed something regarding Sun and Moon? The asteroid threatening new-Hoenn is successfully directed into a portal, which spares the region of doom and destruction. But...where did that asteroid go then?

Maybe the asteroid just so happened to destroy the region of Sun and Moon.

What if the Delta Episode in ORAS revealed something regarding Sun and Moon? The asteroid threatening new-Hoenn is successfully directed into a portal, which spares the region of doom and destruction. But...where did that asteroid go then?

The threatening asteroid wasn't directed into a portal, remember. We, the player and Rayquaza, destroyed it.

Also, it's strong hinted the asteroid would be jumping time, not space, with Zinnia speculating it could end up in one of the less tech-savvy Non-Mega Timelines.

Also, it's strong hinted the asteroid would be jumping time, not space, with Zinnia speculating it could end up in one of the less tech-savvy Non-Mega Timelines.

It wouldn't be jumping time or space. The time, it's assumed, would be the same, with ORAS taking place at the same time as RSE. The place is still the Pokémon World and Hoenn.

The difference would be that it's a different universe altogether.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

As silly as that would be, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was their goal in Sun and Moon ha ha. I'd like if the villainous team names were Team Solar and Team Lunar in this case. :3

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

A 6 mile wide asteroid is a threat to the entire planet. It doesn't matter where it lands, it would utterly obliterate all life on the planet, and most things that survived the impact would die in the following cooling sequence. Then again Pokemon are a lot hardier than animals, so maybe not. Either way it would devastate the entire planet, not just the region it actually impacts in.

Rampharos

I feel like there's a pretty solid chance we'll get a female evil team leader. The devs seem to have been increasingly conscious of the diversity of the story's cast. They've done a good job at portraying powerful, malevolent female characters (nearly every organisation has at least one strong female admin) so it'd be great to finally have one in full command, and I think it's pretty likely considering how mindful they are of that diversity.
Different races appear more frequently now without any kind of stereotyping, we've had plenty of female champions, so I feel like this is their final step logically.
It'd be exciting to know from now on we can expect any role to be filled by any kind of character.

I also think it's possible that they'll bring back an old team. Can't see Aqua/Magma making a return (despite the sun/moon connotations of their plans) since both teams learned their lesson and there's not much more story you could pull from their ambitions.
I can't see Team Rocket being majorly successful in a new region because how incredibly everything fell apart for them plus their schemes weren't so grand as to do anything that might affect the sun or the moon. They just wanted power and money.
Team Galactic and Team Plasma I could see returning. There were enough loose ends and they were both ambitious enough to take to another region.

Though, if a team was to be reused it would probably be Flare because of how many loose ends there were and how their plans could pretty easily be pursued in different ways. I really hope we don't see much, if any, of Team Flare though... That might just be me but it was easily the most boring villainous team to date, personally.

As for the evil team (whoever it is)'s plan, I can't really see it being anything to do with shifting the sun or moon's location considering that hurtling the earth towards one of these was the plan of the antagonists in another (spin-off) pokemon game. Only look at that link if you're unsure what game I'm talking about and don't mind a bit of a spoiler if you haven't played it.

Maybe they'll attempt to harness the power of the sun or the moon? Perhaps put something on the moon to channel the sun's power into a weapon that can be aimed anywhere on Earth due to the orbit (this might be a bit similar to Flare's plan, though). Or maybe the sun or moon has some mystical power in the Pokemon universe. Between moon stones, sun stones and a lot of pokemons connections to both I wouldn't be surprised.
I really hope the moon isn't a big old mega stone, though.

Last edited:

Creyk

They might just try to explode / destroy the moon and you have to prevent them from doing that

They might just try to explode / destroy the moon and you have to prevent them from doing that

At first I thought it'd be a dumb idea because that's suicide, but what if they are a suicide cult? Pokemon's toyed with the apocalypse idea before, but we've never straight up had the villains try to intentionally do it. It'd make a nice change.

Status
Not open for further replies.