• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I just hope they would be like Team Plasma... but more evil.

I don't know... I think Team Plasma had most evil idea and is most evil team in pokemon world.

Creyk

I don't know... I think Team Plasma had most evil idea and is most evil team in pokemon world.

Combine team plasma and team rocket....you have the ultimate bad team.

Not really? They believed they were being righteous, whilst Team Flare wanted everyone else to die. Unless you mean BW2 Plasma, but even then they were nowhere near as bad as TF.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Team Rocket killed a Marowak in the Kanto games so a human death by SM's villains seems more plausible.

That part really bothered me as a kid and made me truly believe team rocket was evil, so I think it was a good choice to add that in back then.

I honestly think Marowak dying would have been too much if they hadn't brought the ghost into the game to show that it wasn't truly just gone.
I don't think having a human die is Pokemon appropriate unless you can see it in ghost/spirit form afterwards, and even then it is border line.
Maybe they could have the ghost girl from XY or oras or whatever, and bring her in to say that she had been killed by them.
Having the character alive and then dead seems like it will be too much compared to introducing a spirit that was already killed.

Chomper4

Team Eclipse seems too blatant. Nintendo always tries to surprise us. That's why I say Team Snow.

Team Eclipse seems too blatant. Nintendo always tries to surprise us. That's why I say Team Snow.

They happily gave us Team Aqua and Magma, and Galactic, all of which were very easily to guess through the legends.

Orphalesion

Team Eclipse? Only if they have mullets, glowing eyes and are led by a blond woman in a white dress.

Personally I'd prefer a more down-to-earth evil team again, organized crime like Team Rocket. The whole "we are going to do something to our region/the world/the universe itself with the cover legendary" is getting old after four generations in a row.
It could still be called something like "The Eclipse Syndicate".

Bamboosle

Team Snow: they know nothing.

Ot: seeing as i I liked having 2 evil organisations in Gen3, but team Rocket is the best of the best.
So why not mix both? Two evil teams a la team rocket trying to be the one and only evil organisation in the region. (To make it more interesting one of the two rivals you have (Blue and Silver but not actually them, but more of their awesome simplicity) become a member of one of the teams. Trying to convince you to join or ar least help defeat the other team. With 2 choises for you as player: help defeat other team or defeat both teams).
Never going to happen but fun to make stuff up during the wait

Lilligantastic

I think a death could be included if tackled in the right way. The games often start with the player moving to a new town with their mother, so perhaps there are hints to the player's father having died somewhat mysteriously months before, giving reason to the move. It's not until later that it's discovered that the evil team were responsible. Maybe he got too close to exposing the team for what they really are?

In terms of a motive for the team, I would quite like something almost cult-like, but done well to be suitably eerie and a real threat. If not, I wouldn't mind them going down the organised crime route again, they'd just have to differentiate it from Rocket.

Chomper4

Does anyone think we will get the evil team in the upcoming CoroCoro leaks?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I guess the best way for them to do a death would be..

Like Grovyle. The fact that he sacrificed himself to allow you and your partner to carry on made the event even more heartwrenching. So a death in which you don't see them die, but you're made aware that they no longer exist could work? And depending on the legendaries' powers it could work I guess?

Chomper4

I actually think the evil team will go more apocalyptic than Team Flare did and question life in general.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm still wanting a social darwinist group who wants to evolve the races on the planet by searing everyone with the sun's heat/cause tidal chaos with the moon.

Instead of the technology, they can just capture the legendary and use some ancient magical ritual to cause all these problems. We already have psychics and hex maniacs.

Elementman-Novapoke

U.N. Owen; said:
Instead of the technology, they can just capture the legendary and use some ancient magical ritual to cause all these problems. We already have psychics and hex maniacs.

I like the idea. It's all been rather tech heavy recently, hasn't it? The Delta episode seemed to go back to more spiritualistic / shamanistic / ritualistic ideas and it'd be great to see Gen VII go to something simpler like this.

Ooh! Maybe that's what the interview about making this generation more simple was referring to? Maybe the evil team(s) could be attempting to bring humanity back to its roots, away from technology and screens and worshipping celebrity culture. They could even have their Pokémon follow them around, rather than in Pokéballs (although there could be limitations with the 3DS or something here, so maybe they could 'summon' them or keep it restricted to cutscenes or whatever)?

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I don't know if anyone else feels like me, but... I am kind of tired of the old "evil team" mechanic. The story doesn't necessarily need to revolve around a bad organization with a leader and admins etc, they could for once focus on a few distinct characters that do what they do for actual reasons, maybe even try to make them relatable? At this point it just feels like they never even realized they aren't obliged to keep making evil teams.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't know if anyone else feels like me, but... I am kind of tired of the old "evil team" mechanic. The story doesn't necessarily need to revolve around a bad organization with a leader and admins etc, they could for once focus on a few distinct characters that do what they do for actual reasons, maybe even try to make them relatable? At this point it just feels like they never even realized they aren't obliged to keep making evil teams.
Evil teams have pretty much become a staple to the series, so I doubt they'll be ditched. Besides, they hold the plot together. Without them you'd basically be walking in a circle, just challenging gym leaders and nothing else really exciting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Evil teams have pretty much become a staple to the series, so I doubt they'll be ditched. Besides, they hold the plot together. Without them you'd basically be walking in a circle, just challenging gym leaders and nothing else really exciting.

Id be fine if they just brought back team rocket and revamped them up.

Id be fine if they just brought back team rocket and revamped them up.

The thing is, Team Rocket's story is wrapped up. I wouldn't mind the return of Cyrus, because he's pretty much the only villain left with pretty much no idea of what he's up to (Lysandre is similar, but is likely either dead or immortal and pinned down :s) and this is the first gen DPPt remakes may occur.

.Aerodactyl.

I actually slightly agree with this in the sense that I don't think every game has to have world-saving stakes. Since Gen 3 the stakes have continuously escalated and I just don't think it's always realistic or a sustainable model. I'm all for having an opposing team/organization for driving plot and creating story, but I wouldn't mind subtler stakes, similar to team rocket Gen 1 (doesn't have to be team rocket though). In that game, Team Rocket wasn't world-threateningly evil, they just used Pokémon poorly and there are many theories saying that all of their plans were actually to SAVE the world from their accidental creation of Mewtwo. I loved Gen 1's plot because some of it was left open and you had to look for answers (like the journal entries about mew in the abandoned mansion)... And it was open to so much speculation and theorizing. I don't believe any other Gen has as many theories, ideas and break downs of the plot then Gen 1 does. For me, that is what makes a good plot... When it wraps up to feel complete but doesn't necessarily spoon feed you everything and gets you to re-examine the story and think outside the box. When there are several ways to interpret things.

Status
Not open for further replies.