• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just expanded the theory of Team Rocket being the new enemy team, I found some interesting new clue's

Is this all a coincidence? I don't think so!

An interesting theory Relax, the foreshadowing and that Isle in X and Y may be indeed a clue.

Personally I think it would be a smart move from Nintendo to let Team Rocket return in Sun and Moon. Because a lot of the people who started playing Pokémon 20 years ago, are playing Pokémon GO right now. It would be a great marketing technique to make the old-school Pokémon trainers return to the Pokémon games on the Nintendo console. Imagine something like this: ‘Team Rocket is back and only you can stop them, in the brand new Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Game and system sold separately ’.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
An interesting theory Relax, the foreshadowing and that Isle in X and Y may be indeed a clue.

Personally I think it would be a smart move from Nintendo to let Team Rocket return in Sun and Moon. Because a lot of the people who started playing Pokémon 20 years ago, are playing Pokémon GO right now. It would be a great marketing technique to make the old-school Pokémon trainers return to the Pokémon games on the Nintendo console. Imagine something like this: ‘Team Rocket is back and only you can stop them, in the brand new Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Game and system sold separately ’.

Yea...that would be terrible if they forced team rocket and even MORE kanto nostalgia after everything in xy just for genwunners playing go. Either way they didnt even know about go when they were making most of sun and moon so that won't make a difference. Team rocket is NOT returning.

Relax

How exactly does a slowpoke on the beach connect to team rocket at all? Slowpoke are water type, of course they will be a in a region near a ton of water.

In Pokémon silver/gold/crystal/soulsilver and heartgold Team Rocket went to the Slowpoke Well to cut off the tails of Slowpoke to sell at their HQ in Mahogany Town. Slowpoke tails was one of their ways to make money. So the slowpoke maybe a clue but it can also have nothing to do.
It is a theory after all so only time will tell.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
In Pokémon silver/gold/crystal/soulsilver and heartgold Team Rocket went to the Slowpoke Well to cut off the tails of Slowpoke to sell at their HQ in Mahogany Town. Slowpoke tails was one of their ways to make money. So the slowpoke maybe a clue but it can also have nothing to do.
It is a theory after all so only time will tell.

Okay but slowpokes have been in most gens, a slowpoke on the beach has nothing to do with team rocket or what they did back then. Slowpokes like to be near water.

Yea...that would be terrible if they forced team rocket and even MORE kanto nostalgia after everything in xy just for genwunners playing go. Either way they didnt even know about go when they were making most of sun and moon so that won't make a difference. Team rocket is NOT returning.

Well that's even more Farfetch'd than the idea that TR is our evil team (which, seeing as we've seen nothing, isn't all as unlikely as everyone wants to argue). Of course "they" knew about GO when making Sun and Moon, but even then, I fail to see how that would inform any decision made in the development of the games.

Hate to say it, but we have literally no grounds to completely discount Team Rocket from being in this game in one form or another. We haven't had a pair of games designed solely for an Anniversary in the main series before, so anything's on the cards until proven otherwise I'm afraid. Even if the reasoning is all over the place.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Number 1. It shows Giovanni with a typical tropical shirt. The palm tree's on the shirt make it a typical Hawaii shirt.

As people have said, the anime doesn't really mean much in relation to the games, but even if we want to, this still means absolutely nothing. The specific image you showed comes from a fantasy the Meowth had about Giovanni. That means that Giovanni may not even own such a shirt, it's just the way Meowth imagined him.

Number 2. In the trailer we saw the beach girl with a slowpoke, in Heartgold Soulsilver Team Rocket sold Slowpoke Tails to make money. It would be fun it this slowpoke shown in the trailer would be a hint back to team Rocket use slowpokes.

Slowpoke was also in the Kalos regional dex, but Team Rocket didn't return in Kalos. Regardless, why would Team Rocket having one plan involving Slowpoke automatically mean they appear where ever a slowpoke does.

Number 3. There is a lot of foreshadowing in the Pokemon game the Team Rocket will return. (A. In Fire Red / Leaf Green B. in Heart Gold / Soul Silver. C. In Black and White 2 )

The grunt from Fire Red/Leaf Greeen that says he will revive Team Rocket is actually meant to Proton from Heart Gold/Soul Silver. It was a clever reference they built in. As for the others, hints at Team Rocket coming back doesn't necessarily mean they'll come back know.

Number 4. The Mossdeep City / Solar System theory. The gymleaders of Mossdeep, Liza and Tate, use a Solrock (sun) and a Lunatone (moon). In Mossdeep there is a Space Station with a Rocket. There is also a place where 'you' can stand on the moon and see the Poke-earth. Interestingly Giovanni hand out the Earth Badge in Gen 1. This could link all of this together. The Sun, Moon and Earth are all part of the Solar System and with the help op Rockets, one can travel from one place to another.

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. You are making connections where none exist. A rocket appearing has absolutely nothing to do with Team Rocket unless a direct link is made by the games. And Giovanni's Earth Badge is not Earth as in the planet, it is earth as in the ground, as Giovanni is a Ground-Type gym leader. On top of all that, there is no way that Game Freak has been planning for Sun and Moon for over 10 years now.

Number 5. The Ghost theory. Phoebe, the Ghost master of the Hoenn Elite Four, is dressed in a 'Alola'-like way. Team Rocket is the only enemy team who had to do something with ghosts. In Lavender Town in Kanto they occupied the Pokémon Tower, filled with ghost Pokemon.

So what? There is literally no link between the two. Even if Phoebe has something to do with Alola, she has nothing to do with Team Rocket. Just because Team Rocket occupied a haunted area one time doesn't mean that they're connected to ghosts so thoroughly that they are now connected to anyone who uses them.

Number 6. This has been recently discovered. In Pokemon X and Y the is a 'Team Rocket Isle', north of the Azure bay. The Rocket 'R' can be seen on this Isle, it looks a lot like the redesigned Rocket 'R' as seen in the anime of X and Y.

That's interesting I suppose, but I fail to see how it means anything. If it is intentional (which it probably isn't) then it's just an Easter egg.

Is this all a coincidence? I don't think so!

I'm sorry, but to call it a coincidence would be too forgiving. It's forcing various aspects that have nothing to do with each other together. The most solid piece of "evidence" you had was hints at Team Rocket's return, but even that doesn't mean anything in relation to Sun and Moon, as it could either be a throwaway line (most likely) or referencing another event that isn't Sun and Moon.

Well that's even more Farfetch'd than the idea that TR is our evil team (which, seeing as we've seen nothing, isn't all as unlikely as everyone wants to argue). Of course "they" knew about GO when making Sun and Moon, but even then, I fail to see how that would inform any decision made in the development of the games.

Hate to say it, but we have literally no grounds to completely discount Team Rocket from being in this game in one form or another. We haven't had a pair of games designed solely for an Anniversary in the main series before, so anything's on the cards until proven otherwise I'm afraid. Even if the reasoning is all over the place.

Sure, it could happen, but is there evidence of it? No.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Either there are version exclusive teams for Sun and Moon or there is just one team with a slight difference to their goal. It could go either way but I think Hoenn would remain the only region to have version exclusive teams.

The grass patch in Azure Bay in X and Y is more like an ARROW pointing to Sea Spirit's Den than letter R for team Rocket.

Either there are version exclusive teams for Sun and Moon or there is just one team with a slight difference to their goal. It could go either way but I think Hoenn would remain the only region to have version exclusive teams.

Yea, I agree on that. If there will be two enemy teams, I fear that it will be ‘team A’ fighting ‘team B’ all over again. It was fun in ORAS (Aqua vs Magma), but a similar plot for Sun and Moon would disappoint me. Therefore I think it would be wise to have one enemy team in Sun and Moon.

The grass patch in Azure Bay in X and Y is more like an ARROW pointing to Sea Spirit's Den than letter R for team Rocket.

The grass patch in Azure Bay can be a lot of things (Easter egg, Team Rocket Isle, arrow, nothing at all, ...). But the shape of the potential 'R' is in line with the redesigned Rocket 'R' as seen in the XY anime. Only time may tell if this means something.

Last edited:

Akashin

The grass patch in Azure Bay can be a lot of things (Easter egg, Team Rocket Isle, arrow, nothing at all, ...). But the shape of the potential 'R' is in line with the redesigned Rocket 'R' as seen in the XY anime. Only time may tell if this means something.

Having seen it, I have to ask... What reason is there to think it's meant as a reference to Team Rocket? While in theory it could be either an R or an arrow (I'm far more inclined to believe the latter, but what can you do), what possible reason would there be to put a reference to them in such a random place? And why should this be taken as a remotely notable hint that they could be coming back? None of it makes even the slightest bit of sense to me.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Having seen it, I have to ask... What reason is there to think it's meant as a reference to Team Rocket? While in theory it could be either an R or an arrow (I'm far more inclined to believe the latter, but what can you do), what possible reason would there be to put a reference to them in such a random place? And why should this be taken as a remotely notable hint that they could be coming back? None of it makes even the slightest bit of sense to me.
Well, GameFreak does like to randomly place easter eggs in their games, just as a small callback.

But yeah, I doubt it means anything concerning a Rocket reentry return.

Also, still no evil team... Kind of odd.

Last edited:

Relax

Well, GameFreak does like to randomly place easter eggs in their games, just as a small callback.

I agree it is very odd we still don't have any clue about the enemy team(s). Only 3 months left so I am very curious.

Considering all we've seen so far - or rather, what we haven't - I'm starting to get the feeling that the evil team may be saved for the late and post-game, with us running into Solgaleo/Lunala in a completely natural way as opposed to having them forced down our throats by an evil team some time around the 7th gym.

shadowF

since the leaked starter evolutions seem to be real then was there anything on the evil team that was posted in that leaked information dump?

knightwolf09

since the leaked starter evolutions seem to be real then was there anything on the evil team that was posted in that leaked information dump?

I don't think the chinese leak said anything about evil teams, but there are rumors that Lillie's father is the main villain.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think the chinese leak said anything about evil teams, but there are rumors that Lillie's father is the main villain.

That came from another leak that was proved false, so there's no reason to put any stock in the idea.

Elementman-Novapoke

Glad I'm not the only one who's intrigued by the lack of information regarding the evil team!

I wonder if the Island Trials will serve as a way of 'checkpointing' the game (like Gyms did), but also will act as the main story? SuMo is already changing so much, perhaps there won't be an evil team this time around...?

That being said, I do hope there is one. Although I'd like it to be more old-school villainy, rather than some grand universe altering shenanigans. Can't we just have kidnap, etc?

Resolute

ribombee is my dawg
Somehow I don't think there'll be an "evil team", per say, in Sun and Moon. The game has diverged pretty drastically from the typical Pokemon formula, and I think a new type of villian would better fit the tribal theme that Game Freak is going for.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm fine with no villain team, I'm sure there will be an antagonist regardless though(I would be pretty disappointed if there was no trouble going on), but not the standard team we have gotten every time before.

I'd like either:
-A single person behind some kind of evil plan, regardless if it he/she believes they are doing the right thing(Which I'm fine with having again).
-Legendaries act as the antagonist, maybe other Pokemon too.
-We are at a threat level where the earth is headed to the Sun/Moon is headed to the earth.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Since they are going all out this gen, what if a crazy twist happened. YOUR MOM is the evil villain this time but has been hiding it the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.