• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpeople25

Oh yeah of course but i like looking at all angles, plus chimecho is at least psychic type for theme. And support at least would prevent us from using cheap shots instead of making the battle alot harder.

Abzu

You know since these games are different as witouth Gyms... maybe here is purely about adventure and there is not evil teams... but having an enemy helps the plot.

sheld999

the evil team prob wants to join the whole region together and use the power of the guardians/ main legendary or to bring the sun or moon closer to the earth and keep it there 24/7

knightwolf09

the evil team prob wants to join the whole region together and use the power of the guardians/ main legendary or to bring the sun or moon closer to the earth and keep it there 24/7

That sounds.....kinda dumb even for pokemon. Not the guardians and legendaries part, that bringing the sun and moon closer and uniting the islands part. They wouldn't really get much out of that. Remember Solgaleo and Lunala don't control the sun and the moon, they are only emissaries.

sheld999

That sounds.....kinda dumb even for pokemon. Not the guardians and legendaries part, that bringing the sun and moon closer and uniting the islands part. They wouldn't really get much out of that. Remember Solgaleo and Lunala don't control the sun and the moon, they are only emissaries.

if you look at the mythological of hawaii there are myths of a god maui who forced the sun to stay longer by holding him in sky with rope/anchor. so there be more daylight. i can see pokemon working on the lines of it considering they have use mythical legends before in past games

knightwolf09

if you look at the mythological of hawaii there are myths of a god maui who forced the sun to stay longer by holding him in sky with rope/anchor. so there be more daylight. i can see pokemon working on the lines of it considering they have use mythical legends before in past games

Yeah but if Solgaleo can't really control the sun nor manipulate it, I don't think that's the case. Frankly I think their plan involves messing with nature. The site seems to talk about about Alola is so full of life and nature, yet for such a natural place, there's a man-made island. I think that place it the villain's HQ.

sheld999

Yeah but if Solgaleo can't really control the sun nor manipulate it, I don't think that's the case. Frankly I think their plan involves messing with nature. The site seems to talk about about Alola is so full of life and nature, yet for such a natural place, there's a man-made island. I think that place it the villain's HQ.

what if the villians are running the battle facility and looking for a strong trainer to be the new leader i know it seem farfetch but it be a first

knightwolf09

what if the villians are running the battle facility and looking for a strong trainer to be the new leader i know it seem farfetch but it be a first

Looks more like a company than a battle facility.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I have no longer any idea if we are getting an evil team. If they can get rid of gym leaders then the evil team is not immune to being cast out either. I would like to see that trend continues but I would adapt the concept of no evil team this time round.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Evil Team or none, there will always be an antagonist, one way or another.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima

Maybe the antagonist is a corrupt businessman who wants to exploit nature and Alolan culture - maybe at some point, there's a plan to build hotels and other buildings over wilderness or historic towns, which somehow necessitates Solgaleo/Lunala's summoning.

Orphalesion

Maybe the antagonist is a corrupt businessman who wants to exploit nature and Alolan culture - maybe at some point, there's a plan to build hotels and other buildings over wilderness or historic towns, which somehow necessitates Solgaleo/Lunala's summoning.

I had a idea a while back that the evil team (or antagonist) summon Solgaleo/Lunala by accident after they started demolishing some holy site connected to them in order to build a hotel.

Frnakly anything that breaks from the old "we'll use the cover legendary to remake the world in our image!!!1!!!11!one" would make me happy.

In this idea the evil team/antagonist might even end up asking the player character/kahunas for help.

Yea, I think that would make a good plot. Destroying beautiful nature, to build big touristic hotels and make a lot of money out of the tourist sector. Who would be a better businessman than the good old Giovanni? Perhaps Giovanni wants to build hotels to enjoy his old days, and he ‘hires’ the Rocket Construction Company to make this dream come true.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yea, I think that would make a good plot. Destroying beautiful nature, to build big touristic hotels and make a lot of money out of the tourist sector. Who would be a better businessman than the good old Giovanni? Perhaps Giovanni wants to build hotels to enjoy his old days, and he ‘hires’ the Rocket Construction Company to make this dream come true.

Alola is already full of hotels scattered around though.
There's even a Grand Hotel/Resort (the one with lots of pools) and the hotel from the concept art on the island of Akala.

It is entirely possible that the artificial island is also a very luxurious hotel/resort.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

tbf, I think too much sun would heavily mess with nature as there are nocturnal pokemon already mentioned and would throw a huge balance out of whack. Same if the sun didn't come as long, the nature would definitely suffer with a lack of sunlight. But yeah I agree with you that it doesn't seem like they'll be able to fully control the bodies up in space, so I wonder how they'll be connected other than being able to draw out there power. Like I wonder why they do it.. Most legendaries have a purpose no? Except the first legendaries I guess

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
It's entirely possible that the evil plot involves an eclipse of some kind... That 3 days of darkness in Egypt really threw them for a loop, and at least blocking out the sun for any time period longer than a day could cause a LOT of damage to the environment.

I'd like to see something akin to a poacher or something though. We already know that the Mudsbray line is pretty much wiped out elsewhere in the world (Przewalski's horse ref, oh yeah!) so? Having them own a Safari Zone or something would be a great cover + money maker. Kinda like Team Rocket, but on steroids.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm also leaning towards the theory that the evil team(s) will want to use the legendary to create eternal day/night. Which is honestly very reminiscent of Groudon vs Kyogre. All land vs All water, and now All day vs All night.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm also leaning towards the theory that the evil team(s) will want to use the legendary to create eternal day/night. Which is honestly very reminiscent of Groudon vs Kyogre. All land vs All water, and now All day vs All night.

I hope it's for an actual reason though if they do. Like one more specific than wanting to just help people, or wanting to just help pokemon and it being messed up. Something deeper than normal here we come!.... please :)

ABC595

There is still 100% Zygard introduced this game too though, so he's definitely going to be involved. Plus based on the fact that poke-earth is similar to earth it shouldn't be possible for the sun/moon Pokemon to cause eternal day/night because that's caused the the earth spinning... (Assuming the same physics applies which I think it does?) but an eclipse could work.

knightwolf09

There is still 100% Zygard introduced this game too though, so he's definitely going to be involved. Plus based on the fact that poke-earth is similar to earth it shouldn't be possible for the sun/moon Pokemon to cause eternal day/night because that's caused the the earth spinning... (Assuming the same physics applies which I think it does?) but an eclipse could work.

Again, Solgaleo and Lunala can't control the sun and the moon, so they can't cause eternal day, night, or an eclipse. That and Zygarde protects the eco-system in general, and him being in Alola does imply something must be wrong over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.