• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

what if lillie is ub 1 - ( was gonna type 40 lol )

The Aether Foundation prob be used to be in team skull but had different ideas

Julia Artemis

The Aether Foundation might be the main villains of this game. They even have enough people to be admins as well. It's just random to have street thugs as the antagonists of this game.
It seems that the Aether Foundation also like to experiment with Pokemon such as Type: Null.

Maybe it's a three-way war between Team Skull, Aether Foundation and you. Just like in Pokemon Emerald but more fleshed out.

I loved Emerald, honestly I was sort of bummed ORAS didn't have you battle both teams. Really would of rathered a remake of Emerald over Ruby/Sapphire

ABC595

It's worth mentioning that the Aether Foundation, acting like the good guys trying to fight Team Skull probably get a lot of access and not much oversight on their little island. So like everyone else I think they are the real antagonists with just the higher ups knowing their true motives. What better way to hide then in plain sight?

My concern is the next game however because they are throwing everything at this one I can't see how gen 8 can live up to the hype.

LoveMcQueen5683

why do you all think Aether is evil? it specifically says they help pokemon. did you even watch the ad?

I didnt think so at first but when they introduced the "employees" in the trailer, i was like why? And then it hit me that they are just grunts. And ones name is Wicke. Thats one letter off from Wicked. And Faba is a creepy scientist. You just know he's doing shady stuff.

They could be good guys. But i doubt it.

SAOSINN

I didnt think so at first but when they introduced the "employees" in the trailer, i was like why? And then it hit me that they are just grunts. And ones name is Wicke. Thats one letter off from Wicked. And Faba is a creepy scientist. You just know he's doing shady stuff.

They could be good guys. But i doubt it.

Completely agree

Begining to believe TeamSkull are just the 'Naïve' first impression of the evil team. I think the Twist in the story will be that the Aether foundation are the real enemy, just a hunch though.
TeamSkull(crude reference to all things bad + Black uniforms (evil)
Aether Foundation( 'foundation' disingenuous - White uniforms (good)
All seems like it could be a good tilt on preconceptions.

Lusamine +Gladion.....if they're not related, blonde hair, green eyes!
90% Certain Gladion hates what Lusamine( +Family) are doing to Pokemon, and so Steals an experiment (Type-Null) and joins Team Skull with the ambition of eventually fighting against Aether. Excited to find out.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
why do you all think Aether is evil? it specifically says they help pokemon. did you even watch the ad?

Just because they said Aether isnt evil, doesn't mean that they aren't, it's an RPG, traitors and backstabbers are common place

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

1. Generic RPG plots. Most groups trying to establish a paradise are often revealed to be authoritarian.

2.Overall design. They look remarkably similar to Team Galactic, whereas their headquarters is reminiscent of Cipher.

3. Their structure. It is a mirror image of Team Skull.

4. Type: Null. That thing looks way too complicated to be created by Team Skull.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I have a feeling that Gladion will be the puppetmaster, manipulating both Skull and the Foundation in order to meet his own ends.

I don't see that, he is way too edgy and obvious.

Yeah, I think Gladion is going to be sort of like N, but more punk. My initial impression is that I like him, even if he does seem to be overdoing it a bit with the poses.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Yeah.. the Aether Foundation seem to be bad guys... But I wouldn't say all of them.
Like others have said, I think that the evilness is centralised around Lusamine and Faba, with Wicke and the employees actually believing they are doing good and redeeming the company in the post-game. Team Skull will start off as the evil team, but once realising that Aether is, like, super evil they will join the player's side and help out in fighting them.

Just my thoughts, so basically early game Skull is evil and Aether is good, but once the story progresses their roles switch. :D

NeoDude-5000

They're most likely going to manipulate the player at that point in the game when they go on to defeat Team Skull once and for all, and then immediately afterwards they reveal their true intentions, they unleash the Ultra Beasts and then the player must stop them.

Also did it seem weird that when Team Skull were revealed they revealed their leader Guzma. Normally the boss is revealed during the game and not prior to its release. N wasn't revealed as Team Plasma's King prior to Black & White, Colress wasn't revealed to be in charge of Team Plasma prior to the sequels even though we knew that Ghetsis was pulling the stings. Lysandre wasn't revealed as Team Flare's boss until the games came out, but then again it was obvious. So when Guzma was revealed I thought "I bet there is someone else who is the real antagonist, because why reveal their boss now?", now I'm convinced that Lusamine is that villain even she isn't associated with Team Skull.

And another thing Team Skull don't appear to be as extreme as Teams Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare, they just seem to be a bunch of Hooligans who just want to cause trouble. The Aether Foundation definitely seem mysterious, so mysterious that they could have dark intentions involving the Ultra Beasts and possibly Solgaleo and Lunala.

Last edited:

Luthor

I think Team Skull and the Aether Foundation will either help you or hinder you more in one game version than the other. Perhaps In sun the main antagonists is Team Skull and In Moon the antagonists are the Aether foundation or vice versa.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
I think Team Skull and the Aether Foundation will either help you or hinder you more in one game version than the other. Perhaps In sun the main antagonists is Team Skull and In Moon the antagonists are the Aether foundation or vice versa.

They would have mentioned it in the trailer yesterday.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
They would have mentioned it in the trailer yesterday.

Adding on to this, the teams are way too uneven to be version exclusive badguys.
Skull is a bunch of thugs, whereas Aether is an organisation with advanced science and its own private island... One poses a much higher threat than the other.

Genos

TTYD
If the Aether Foundation is truly evil. Then Lusamine will be our first female head villain.

Please let her be interesting.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
If the Aether Foundation are bad guys, I don't think they're INTENTIONAL bad guys. I can see a scenario where they don't realize the harm they're doing with all the artificial everything, and don't understand that Pokemon need NATURE.

League

Master Abra Catcher
The interplay between the two organizations could be one of the variations differing between versions, just like how Team Magma is the main villainous organization in Ruby and how Team Aqua is the antaganist organization in Sapphire.

Divewinds

Maybe the Aether Foundation are the key to having the original forms of pokemon, given their interest in preservation. I still think they're evil, especially because they're wearing white (Skull is wearing black, so we'd presume they're the bad guys. But they do a bait and switch later on - perhaps Skull are trying to, in their eyes, rescue the pokemon from the Aether Foundation?)

BlitzGirl41

I agree with some other posts here that it does seem awfully suspicious that the Aether Foundation's official artwork shows a male and female employee together, as there has always been a male and female grunt of the past evil organizations. Sure, they are dressed in white and are super friendly looking, but...it still evokes grunts too strongly for me. And the fact that there are those high-ranking named characters in Aether, who could easily fill in the roles of admins. The fact that they are all smiling in their official art could just be GF trying to trick people into thinking they are the good guys. Ah well, just a theory. Only time will tell!

And I would like to see an antagonistic rival in S/M. Why? Because even though R/S's "your friend is also your rival" theme was refreshing after Gen I and II, it's been all that there has been so far in every game after that, so now it's kind of obnoxious and I'd like to see a return to Pokemon roots, at least for this game. So I secretly hope that Gladion is our rival and does use the starter that's SE to the one we pick. Not because of some wish to have Silver back, like some people are assuming, but because it's been a long time since we had that type of rival. I'm getting tired of the goody-two-shoes "lets have a friendly battle, friend!!" trend that's been going on for several generations of Pokemon games. Plus, I would like some way to get all the starters "seen" in my Pokedex in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.