• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

When it comes to the Aether Foundation, nothing that I can conceive of would surprise me. What twist is there that hasn't been done before? These guys are so twistable that I can hardly stand it. Just gonna have to wait it out.

Yeah they're motives are kind of ambiguous. What harm can street thugs do for Team Skull and for the Aether Foundation, What secrets are you holding in your labs?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
One thing I'm starting to wonder now is whether or not Guzma will have Lycanroc's Mdnight form on his team since its stance kind of looks similar to some of the poses made by Guzma and the Team Skull Grunts.

I also think that Lycanroc looks like it could be a cool ace pokemon for Guzma. It certainly looks fitting given its creepiness factor, but I'll admit that I haven't given much thought to Guzma's team before or what the Team Skull grunts' teams will be like.

TyLogic

I also think that Lycanroc looks like it could be a cool ace pokemon for Guzma. It certainly looks fitting given its creepiness factor, but I'll admit that I haven't given much thought to Guzma's team before or what the Team Skull grunts' teams will be like.

Well Team Plasma didn't exactly use Electric-types (Even though plasma isn't always associated with electricity),and Team Flare wasn't big on Fire-types like they seemed to be.. But they did use a Haunter. It makes me happy to see teams use different pokemon. What kind of pokemon will the Aether Foundation use though. I doubt they use Route 1 rodents and icky Poison-types.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
For Aether. I'd guess trademark fighting and psychic types may be their pokemon of choice. Fighting from the obviously "Heroic" work that they do, and Psychic to reflect their seemingly unknown cosmic reasearch (if it exists).

Xblade13

Experimentalist
I can see Team Skull using Ghost Pokemon. What with the Grim Reaper-like skull theme. That and their demeanor isn't that far removed from past Ghost-type users.

Or perhaps Dark types again. I feel like Ghosts need more love though.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I can see Team Skull using Ghost Pokemon. What with the Grim Reaper-like skull theme. That and their demeanor isn't that far removed from past Ghost-type users.

Or perhaps Dark types again. I feel like Ghosts need more love though.

duskull, maybe? ;P

edit: so with the new trailer, I can really see gladion getting a starter. dartrix seems like it was designed for him. They can dramatically flip their hair together.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why is a Skull Grunt present on the Festival Plaza?

koChPw5.png

I'd understand random NPCs, but a grunt... hmmm.

TyLogic

Why is a Skull Grunt present on the Festival Plaza?

koChPw5.png

I'd understand random NPCs, but a grunt... hmmm.

Maybe she wants to turn over a new leaf. :D

Ooor...You can customize your character to look similar to a Team Skull Grunt. Actually...That sounds kind of cool.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
And i hope duskull is guzma's signature pokemon.
I mean, team SKULL

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I actually won't be surprised if Team Skull was once a division of Aether.

Me neither. This might sound a bit farfetch'd, but you can hear the "run away, fugitives" song from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in Gladion's theme. Maybe it's hinting at the breaking away of Skull from Aether?

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Me neither. This might sound a bit farfetch'd, but you can hear the "run away, fugitives" song from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in Gladion's theme. Maybe it's hinting at the breaking away of Skull from Aether?

I had to go and listen to both to check. Yeah, I can hear the similarities. I think it's just a coincidence though.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I had to go and listen to both to check. Yeah, I can hear the similarities. I think it's just a coincidence though.

IMO it's too similar to be a co-incidence, and they even did the same with Emma's theme from X/Y. I'd love to have a plot where Gladion is escaping from his past at Aether or something.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Alright... so I found this on NeoGAF.
On the French version of the trailer released back on early September, apparently there's a character named Alyxia.

720.png

None of the Aether Foundation and Skull members have this as their French name.
Lusamine (Elsa-Mina), Faba (Saubohne), Wicke (Vicky), Guzma (Guzma), Plumeria (Apocyne), and Gladion (Gladio)

Source: https://www.pokebip.com/news3772__p...ux_noms_fr_dans_un_trailer_recapitulatif.html

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
On the French version of the trailer released back on early September, apparently there's a character named Alyxia.

720.png

Lusamine (Elsa-Mina), Faba (Saubohne), Wicke (Vicky), Guzma (Guzma), Plumeria (Apocyne), and Gladion (Gladio)

Source: https://www.pokebip.com/news3772__p...ux_noms_fr_dans_un_trailer_recapitulatif.html
Interesting. At first thought it was Alexa from XY, but her French name is Alexia.

Given that she seems to be talking about Aether in the form of a question, I don't think she's apart of Aether. Maybe an unrevealed Trial Captain?

Tepigfan

Interesting. At first thought it was Alexa from XY, but her French name is Alexia.

Given that she seems to be talking about Aether in the form of a question, I don't think she's apart of Aether. Maybe an unrevealed Trial Captain?

Doesnt it seem a little Farfetch'd if they accidentaly revealed ANOTHER trail captain?

[IMAGE]

Interesting that the English trailer seems to be the only one that doesn't reveal the full name, cutting it off at -via/-wia.
We have known the name to be Raichi in Japanese for quite some time, and I just checked the other versions. The name is Mayla in German and Spanish, and Alyxia not only in French but Italian too.

Status
Not open for further replies.