• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

I do wonder what is Guzma and Plumeria main pokemon? I have a feeling Lusamine will use Ultra beasts and Gladion has Silvally so perhaps Aloalan Muk and Alolan Persian? As for Gladion I do still wonder what are his motives for joining Team Skull and why is he the enforcer? It seems to me that he is much stronger than Guzma and can serve as the leader of team skull if he wants too.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I do wonder what is Guzma and Plumeria main pokemon? I have a feeling Lusamine will use Ultra beasts and Gladion has Silvally so perhaps Aloalan Muk and Alolan Persian? As for Gladion I do still wonder what are his motives for joining Team Skull and why is he the enforcer? It seems to me that he is much stronger than Guzma and can serve as the leader of team skull if he wants too.

XD117 on another thread suggested persian for Guzma, which I am totally behind. They mentioned how it contrasts and compliments (royalty vs gang leader and dark/evil=gang leader). I am very curious for Plumeria though! Atm, I am maybe thinking she could end up with a Drampa for being the "mother of all pokemon" or whatever she said. But that's just an idea, i don't think she'd have a drampa tbh.. :p

misunderstoodhero

Expanding slightly upon what I said earlier, with the heavier focus on storytelling for Sun & Moon I get the feeling they're going to use game story-telling techniques they haven't before, but quite common in other JRPGs.
I specifically think we're going to see one of those unwinnable boss battles early in the game with Gladion - I think his line of "You know you can't beat me" is going to turn out to be completely geninue.

Given all we know about Type:Null and Silvally and its supposed origins about being an attempt at recreating Arceus, I think it's going to be something fair too powerful for us to handle in our first battle and will result in a completely one-sided victory for Gladion. Of the three battles we're seen to have with him so far, I think its going to pan out a little like this:

1st battle; exterior location, my guess is on the first or early on the second island - Is a "scripted" battle in that Gladion WILL win using his Type:Null and therefore Gladion / Team Skull's plans we were probably trying to disrupt will be successful.

2nd battle; interior location, Type:Null was level 38. This is a regular battle in terms of mechanics, meaning that we will win assumed we're skilled enough and the storyline outcome will be that we win. This loss will be in someway what drives Gladion to bond enough with Type:Null to unlock its evolution.

Somewhere inbetween the 2nd and 3rd battle I imagine we will see Gladion using Silvally in a cutscene, probably defeating a powerful enemy to show off the power of this new evolution and hype up our battle with it.

3rd battle; exterior location, Silvally was level 53. My guess is this location was the final island with our character on the way to meeting the box legendary before Gladion challenges us. Again, this will ultimately be a regular battle in which we will probably win.

Anyway, I really think Gladion is one of the characters to look out for in Sun & Moon's story, up there in importance with Guzma (Who despite ranking below, I am adamant he is a far more powerful trainer than) Lusamine and Lillie.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Gladion ends up with a level 53 Silvally(Japanese trailer). Looks like we'll end up being high level during the main story, figured as much. Looks like the battle will be on the last island too so possibly the final fight with him for the main story.

It is quite interesting though that the bag menu shown on the JP trailer shows that we get a Lv50 Silvally.
IMO, Silvally is the type of Pokemon that you can only get one of.

I'm guessing Gladion would give us a Type:Null aside from the one he's using, maybe after the final battle.

Tepigfan

It is quite interesting though that the bag menu shown on the JP trailer shows that we get a Lv50 Silvally.
IMO, Silvally is the type of Pokemon that you can only get one of.

I'm guessing Gladion would give us a Type:Null aside from the one he's using, maybe after the final battle.

Yay! Im glad we get one! I might use it as my secondary ace!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I thought for sure Guzma's main pokémon was going to be Lycanroc's midnight form until I saw Olivia use one. Now I'm not too sure anymore

diakyu

One of them has to have Alolan Muk. The graffiti in their hideout (or at least that building we see them occupying) are similar in color, though that may be a coincidence.

Silvally hasn't been created by the Aether Foundation we know.
I reckon that the heads of the Aether Foundation are Aliens(Ultra Beasts) who are experimenting on earthly pokemon under the false pretense of giving shelter,etc.
Silvally was probably created secretly by a group of scientists within the Aether Foundation(unknown at the time to Lusamine, Faba and Wicke, among others) so that they could defeat the aliens.
That would explain why they would try and imitate God, aka Arceus, as they imagine Arceus's abilities and attacks are the strongest in the world.
Also in order to prevent the above 3 from suspecting anything, they probably released Silvally as a weaker pokemon, aka Type: Null.
Team Skull, although bad and ruthless, aren't really evil and will side with the protagonist after they realise what the Aether foundation truly is.

chess-z

campy vampire
Silvally hasn't been created by the Aether Foundation we know.
I reckon that the heads of the Aether Foundation are Aliens(Ultra Beasts) who are experimenting on earthly pokemon under the false pretense of giving shelter,etc.
Silvally was probably created secretly by a group of scientists within the Aether Foundation(unknown at the time to Lusamine, Faba and Wicke, among others) so that they could defeat the aliens.
That would explain why they would try and imitate God, aka Arceus, as they imagine Arceus's abilities and attacks are the strongest in the world.
Also in order to prevent the above 3 from suspecting anything, they probably released Silvally as a weaker pokemon, aka Type: Null.
Team Skull, although bad and ruthless, aren't really evil and will side with the protagonist after they realise what the Aether foundation truly is.

I'm all for the Aether Foundation being the big bads, but I've seriously softened on that stance because of Silvally. While making an Arceus analog is pretty shady, I bet that it could just be that they're doing what they must for the good of humanity. Course they could just be crazy, that's also pretty feasible.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm all for the Aether Foundation being the big bads, but I've seriously softened on that stance because of Silvally. While making an Arceus analog is pretty shady, I bet that it could just be that they're doing what they must for the good of humanity. Course they could just be crazy, that's also pretty feasible.

I'm actually hoping there is a third team or group that will be the TRUE antagonists. Like an old underground group dedicated to the royal family trying to get revenge or something. Idk, I feel like they should make Aether the bad guys because it feels like Team Flare, a group of people apparently working towards a better future, which is actually a worst future for everyone else. I'm hoping something else is beyond this, just seems like every big corp has a bad side to it, which is pretty much true, but meh idk.

R_N

Flare was pretty transparently evil
Aether is most similar to Galactic, whose cover story was betterment of man kind. Though in that case, the rank & file weren't aware of Cyrus' true goal and how it'd entail.

Assuming Aether isn't explicitly evil, I can see it being a thing like "we're doing this secret bad thing that involves chimera experiements because its the only way* to save the world/pokemon"
*not actually only way, shortsighted, follies of man, blah blah blah

I also wouldn't be surprised if Lusamine isn't privvy to the underbelly of aether mostly because Faba is so very clearly a mad scientist who would be doing his own thing i mean look at him
100px-Sun_Moon_Faba.png

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Aether is most similar to Galactic, whose cover story was betterment of man kind. Though in that case, the rank & file weren't aware of Cyrus' true goal and how it'd entail.

Assuming Aether isn't explicitly evil, I can see it being a thing like "we're doing this secret bad thing that involves chimera experiements because its the only way* to save the world/pokemon"

I also wouldn't be surprised if Lusamine isn't privvy to the underbelly of aether mostly because Faba is so very clearly a mad scientist who would be doing his own thing i mean look at him
100px-Sun_Moon_Faba.png

yeah very true with those points. Flare was obviously evil in the beginning to the character, and Lysandre wasn't known to be a part of team flare was he?

Wow yeah with that artwork, I'll almost be surprised if Faba doesn't do something crazy by the end of the game. I'm sure he'll be responsible for the gene-splicing and potential torture that comes with it.. Although I would like Lusamine to be good and not lying that she will protect all pokemon that she can. I hope Lusamine's department is super nice... Faba can be the scientist in the evil department and then the other departments realize this and ask for your help or something , idk,. one more day and the light will be shown!

R_N

Yeah, Flare was up front about doing bad things for lots of money, and we even saw their parade of admins/scientists.

Lysandre was shown but wasn't detailed as being the leader. That was meant to be a twist. A twist ruined by people with eyes.

Bariokie

rock dog

100px-Sun_Moon_Faba.png

He reminds me of those white black blood scientists from kabeneri of the iron fortress. Hope he has a strong team and will be a challenge.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Personally, I think Guzma will have Persian and Plumeria will have muk...

I could see it just because of her hair... but at the same time seems weird for Plumeria to have the alolan muk as her main ;P I was thinking like Salandit or something could be interesting.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I do wonder what is Guzma and Plumeria main pokemon? I have a feeling Lusamine will use Ultra beasts and Gladion has Silvally so perhaps Aloalan Muk and Alolan Persian?

I haven't seen any roster leaks yet, but I still hope that Guzma's ace ends up being Lycanroc despite Olivia owning one already. I could see Plumeria using a Persian I guess, although I'd like her to use something elegant like Lurantis instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.