• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

I'm only on Akala Island so far, but I am greatly enjoying the story. It's more cinematic and truly feels like a brand-new adventure. I also am liking the interplay between Lllie and Nebby. This is shaping up to be the most entertaining Pokemon story so far, and most of my fears (so far) are alleviated. Haven't encountered Ultra-Beasts yet, which is my most hated thing in Pokemon to date... I am surprised, though, at how early Cosmog and Type: Null are introduced.

cl94

If you pay attention, the opening movie actually makes it quite clear that Aether is probably evil. If you remember the movie when you get to Aether Paradise, it's pretty easy to notice that Lillie is running from Aether workers on the VLFS. I wasn't expecting the little twist involving Lillie and Gladion, though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have to say, Lillie's model looks even better when she gets her new look.

And I liked how Gladion wasn't truly part of Team Skull at all. He's the best character in this game.
Faba is such an idiot though, Hau brought up a good point. He came OUT with the key when he could have stayed on the other side and we'd never get in. Can't believe he was even kept around

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If you pay attention, the opening movie actually makes it quite clear that Aether is probably evil. If you remember the movie when you get to Aether Paradise, it's pretty easy to notice that Lillie is running from Aether workers on the VLFS. I wasn't expecting the little twist involving Lillie and Gladion, though.

Aether wasn't entirely evil, but their actions were definitely sinister (with Lusamine being the major reason).

I had a feeling there was something fishy with Aether when we saw the opening cutscene with Lillie and Nebby. Sadly the twist became predictable, but it all makes sense. However, what surprised me was that Team Skull and Ather Foundation were in cahoots.

I'll be honest, it wasn't Aether's actions that surprised me, but it was Lusamine herself. That woman is crazy... in a extreme and unhealthy way. EX: Freezing those Pokemon to "love" them for eternity. That still freaks me out, especially when we meet her in Ultra Space. And when her team fights you in Ultra Space, even they have deadly expressions. All that spooked me as well.

I really enjoyed both Gladion and Lillie the most from this game. Hope we get to see more of them later on. Seeing Lillie go off to Kanto to start her own journey was very emotional. She really came full circle, and what I would give to see her journey in full swing.

Still, the Ultra Beasts are the most insane things I have seen in Pokemon. I still feel there's more we're gonna learn about them. Whether we want to or not.

Faba is such an idiot though, Hau brought up a good point. He came OUT with the key when he could have stayed on the other side and we'd never get in. Can't believe he was even kept around

That was probably the one scene I enjoyed of Hau.

cl94

Aether wasn't entirely evil, but their actions were definitely sinister (with Lusamine being the major reason).
I really enjoyed both Gladion and Lillie the most from this game. Hope we get to see more of them later on.

Gladion hangs out at Aether Paradise and is an occasional champion challenger, but I don't know about Lillie. I'm hoping there's more to her story and I may have cried when she left and during the credits.

diakyu

I'll probably write down my full thoughts about the story and characters when I finish the game, but one thing bothers me. Mohn. He's right there in the Pelago and no one notices? I understand why he doesn't remember, but literally no one else in the game besides the main character has ever seen him or what? Homeboy is just chillin in paradise while his wife tries to kill her children lol. Good job Protagonist.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I'll probably write down my full thoughts about the story and characters when I finish the game, but one thing bothers me. Mohn. He's right there in the Pelago and no one notices? I understand why he doesn't remember, but literally no one else in the game besides the main character has ever seen him or what? Homeboy is just chillin in paradise while his wife tries to kill her children lol. Good job Protagonist.

You're not the only one. I hope Gamefreak decides to delve into that in the next release, assuming the Stars blurb is accurate. Like dude's there and nobody besides the players notice, granted it takes a small bit of inference gleaned from one line and the later introduced family plot-point.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

There is the factor that Mohn, when working for Aether, wasn't that famous to gossip around, so yeah, people don't bother to connect the dots.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My take is that most members of Aether are good or neutral and do not know about the Ultra Beasts or the secret experiments to open up wormholes. Wicke is a great example of one of the members who never were evil or had any malicious intent. She asked you to help Lillie and never tries to stop you as you break in to the secret labs. And except for Lusamine, none of them wanted to harm Pokémon. The organization for the most part was basically N. And I was right that Team Skull would end up being nothing more than a street gang.

Galvantulaman

That one is tied with another i really liked. When Lillie was kidnaped and Gladion took you to the harbor. Then Hau shows up and Gladion said something like "don't you dare saying any part of this is fun" haha and then Hau goes on and ends up "... it's kinda fun".

I admit Hau is not my favourite but had a couple of good moments

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins

I had a feeling there was something fishy with Aether when we saw the opening cutscene with Lillie and Nebby. Sadly the twist became predictable, but it all makes sense. However, what surprised me was that Team Skull and Ather Foundation were in cahoots.

I'll be honest, it wasn't Aether's actions that surprised me, but it was Lusamine herself. That woman is crazy... in a extreme and unhealthy way. EX: Freezing those Pokemon to "love" them for eternity. That still freaks me out, especially when we meet her in Ultra Space. And when her team fights you in Ultra Space, even they have deadly expressions. All that spooked me as well.

I really enjoyed both Gladion and Lillie the most from this game. Hope we get to see more of them later on. Seeing Lillie go off to Kanto to start her own journey was very emotional. She really came full circle, and what I would give to see her journey in full swing.

Still, the Ultra Beasts are the most insane things I have seen in Pokemon. I still feel there's more we're gonna learn about them. Whether we want to or not.

I figured out that Aether was behind it pretty quick, but I too didn't see that Team Skull was working for them on Lusamine's payroll. And yes, the fact that Lusamine freezes Pokémon to preserve them scares me... I still haven't gotten to Ultra Space yet, though so that'll be soon.

My take is that most members of Aether are good or neutral and do not know about the Ultra Beasts or the secret experiments to open up wormholes. Wicke is a great example of one of the members who never were evil or had any malicious intent. She asked you to help Lillie and never tries to stop you as you break in to the secret labs. And except for Lusamine, none of them wanted to harm Pokémon. The organization for the most part was basically N. And I was right that Team Skull would end up being nothing more than a street gang.
I think so too. A lot of companies don't tell their employees everything. So for the most part, Aether actually does want to help Pokémon.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I literally thought cryogenics would never appear in the games. But I suppose it isn't nearly as bad as it would have been if Lusamine placed them into liquid filled tubes with wires attached while keeping them unconscious like Mewtwo was before it woke up and broke free.

shadowF

Gladion hangs out at Aether Paradise and is an occasional champion challenger, but I don't know about Lillie. I'm hoping there's more to her story and I may have cried when she left and during the credits.

Does Gladion still hang out at Aether Paradise even after he gives you Type: Null? I would like to find out.

goodpeople25

Yeah he does, though as far as I can tell always saying the same thing (Which can be a bit funny as you'll find out) and most of Aether stays static if you care about people talking about him. As for the post your replying to I forgot to mention this eariler. Did you read her diary yet?

diakyu

There is the factor that Mohn, when working for Aether, wasn't that famous to gossip around, so yeah, people don't bother to connect the dots.
It's an Aether Grunt that first mentions the Pelago though lol, you would think Lusamine would see it somehow. Surely it'll be addressed in a future game. Hopefully.

BlitzGirl41

I'm on my way to challenge Kahuna Olivia on Akala Island (for reference on how far in the story I am), and I must say that I was very surprised (and still am) about how early in the story Lillie, Cosmog, Gladion, and Type: Null were introduced. I was also somewhat surprised about how seemingly late Plumeria came in, but that's probably just because I am taking a little longer than some other players here, so it feels like it's been a while. At least I can say one thing: Despite all of the spoilers I had come across, nothing spoiled the actual experience and story so far. I knew certain things, but playing the game itself is different than what I expected, and that's GREAT. The game keeps pleasantly surprising me, that's for sure, and I'm only on Akala!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

Mohn Lusamine's husband?! Source?

cl94

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

Mohn Lusamine's husband?! Source?

A few things are provided in Aether Paradise in the post-game. Gladion says that his father did quite a bit of work with Ultra Beasts, while various books around Paradise say that everything described by Gladion was done by Mohn. Thus, logically, Mohn would be Lusamine's husband.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
A few things are provided in Aether Paradise in the post-game. Gladion says that his father did quite a bit of work with Ultra Beasts, while various books around Paradise say that everything described by Gladion was done by Mohn. Thus, logically, Mohn would be Lusamine's husband.
Woaj, even looking at Mohn, he has blonde hair and green eyes, just like the rest of them...

He must have REALLY let himself go. :p

Why do so many people have a hard time beating Guzman...he looks easy

Status
Not open for further replies.