• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skull, Aether Foundation and Plot Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtlemasterr

Team skull is the absolute worst.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why do so many people have a hard time beating Guzman...he looks easy

Different teams have varying difficulty with certain Pokémon. Especially if you lack an answer for a certain type.

Team skull is the absolute worst.

Are they really? Even at the end of the game they're ultimately still just street thugs, only with slightly more credibility.

shadowF

Wait so in the end does gladion become the president of Aether Foundation?

goodpeople25

Yup, he becomes the acting president, took me a while to know for sure too. (There's a conversation with Faba in the back house place that clarifies things)

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
A few things are provided in Aether Paradise in the post-game. Gladion says that his father did quite a bit of work with Ultra Beasts, while various books around Paradise say that everything described by Gladion was done by Mohn. Thus, logically, Mohn would be Lusamine's husband.

I can definitely understand if Mohn was Lusamine's father since he looks a bit older than her (even though Lusamine is over 40) as well as having the same eyes and hair colour in their lineage.
I also remembered one of the Aether employees mentioning about Lusamine's father was very wealthy and that he built the Foundation to protect the Pokemon.

So why did that theory get debunked?

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I can definitely understand if Mohn was Lusamine's father since he looks a bit older than her (even though Lusamine is over 40) as well as having the same eyes and hair colour in their lineage.
I also remembered one of the Aether employees mentioning about Lusamine's father was very wealthy and that he built the Foundation to protect the Pokemon.

So why did that theory get debunked?

Which theory? Anything about Lusamine's father can't really be true - I'm relatively certain her father passed and that's how she came to be President, and it seems that the whole foundation is passed down that way.

I'd be strongly inclined to believe that Mohn is Lusamine's husband, but I have no clue how he'd just fly under the radar.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Which theory? Anything about Lusamine's father can't really be true - I'm relatively certain her father passed and that's how she came to be President, and it seems that the whole foundation is passed down that way.

I'd be strongly inclined to believe that Mohn is Lusamine's husband, but I have no clue how he'd just fly under the radar.
Well, I'm pretty sure everyone at Aether figured he just disappeared after going through the Ultra Wormhole. And since no one else besides the player visits the Pelago...

cl94

Gladion states that he got sucked into a wormhole when researching the Ultra Beasts. That would explain it. Anabel gets to Alola from the Hoenn Battle Frontier via a wormhole, so it's certainly plausible that Mohn got to Poke Pelago in that fashion.

shadowF

Yo, Edgy-Boy is Kaiba! Noice.

When we defend our title against Gladion in the peak of the mountain it does give me vibes to when Yugi fought Kaiba in the Battle city Finals! That plus Gladion becoming president for the Aether Foundation does make it seem like he could be the Pokemon version for Kaiba!

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Gladion states that he got sucked into a wormhole when researching the Ultra Beasts. That would explain it. Anabel gets to Alola from the Hoenn Battle Frontier via a wormhole, so it's certainly plausible that Mohn got to Poke Pelago in that fashion.

I literally didn't even piece that together, good catch! Anabel probably came from the original GBA/DS timeline, but it's totally plausible for Mohn to just move geographically.

If only Lusamine had looked in the right place...

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

Lusamine's father could have left the Foundation (retired) and passed it down to her. Then again, there would need an explanation as to why he left.

It looks like there's more evidence pointing to Mohn being Lusamine's husband more than anything. I don't really mind either way but it feels strange seeing parents having the same eye and hair colour as each other.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Hmm..so Sun and Moon's theme is about growing up and being responsible for yourself and others around you...

I did not expect that.

Akashin

Hmm..so Sun and Moon's theme is about growing up and being responsible for yourself and others around you...

I did not expect that.

I can't say it's much of a surprise, really, seeing as the primary focal point of the games is a coming-of-age series of trials.

One could argue that earlier games had that to a certain extent since you were going on your journey the moment you were deemed old enough, but these games give it a bit more ceremony and importance.

LinksOcarina

The true master
I can't say it's much of a surprise, really, seeing as the primary focal point of the games is a coming-of-age series of trials.

I shouldn't be surprised either, although i am more shocked it took so long for it to get there...20 years...

It does come full circle.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I did not expect that.
Is this just speculation, or did a dev actually say that was the theme?

LinksOcarina

The true master
Is this just speculation, or did a dev actually say that was the theme?

Implications of the storyline, dialogue, character arc of Lillie and overall feeling of it.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Lusamine's talks about beauty all the time yet the UB she's obssesed with is not the one UB codenamed Beauty?

You had one job, GF...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

One could argue that earlier games had that to a certain extent since you were going on your journey the moment you were deemed old enough, but these games give it a bit more ceremony and importance.

I would have a hard time arguing that any main series Pokemon games aren't bildungsromans.

Ajduk

I am sorry if this will bother anyone but this is the worst enemy team in the history of pokemon games.

- Team Skull does NOTHING during the entire game. Even the random civilians take them as a complete joke.
- Aether Foundation is out of nowhere working with Team Skull which, with the information that we've had on them before the 4th island, makes no sense whatsoever.
- Aether Foundation president suddenly does a complete 180 and decides to fall in love with Ultra Beasts and become evil.
- Aether Foundation president ISN'T even a villain. Her motives aren't even evil. They are ''I want to live among Ultra Beasts'' and that is all. Really villainous motivation.
- There is NO high stakes battle at the end. Gen 3 onwards the fate of the world was in the balance. This time NOTHING is at balance because the main villain isn't interested in doing anything evil.

Worst villains ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.