• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Skullwind

[aka]

Hey...I'm back...
I think my team is better...but please be gentle anyways...

Gallade @ Leftovers
Steadfast
Adamant 228 HP / 252 Atk / 30 SDef
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Thunder Wave
Night Slash

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Calm 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 SDef
Grass Knot / Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf
Ice Beam/ Rest

Marowak @ Thick Club
Rock Head
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Double Edge
Stone Edge

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Relaxed 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Sp. Def
Block
Gyro Ball
Rest
Toxic

Espeon@Leftovers
Synchronize
Timid 122 Sp. Def / 192 Spd / 196 Hp
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Substitute
Psychic

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 S.Atk
Wish
Toxic
Ice beam
Surf

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Just set it out like:

POKEMON@ITEM
TRAIT
NATURE EV'S
-ATTACK 1
-ATTACK 2
-ATTACK 3
-ATTACK 4

Since every one here is use to somthing like that. Then more people can read it easier and rate quicker.

[aka]

Just set it out like:

POKEMON@ITEM
TRAIT
NATURE EV'S
-ATTACK 1
-ATTACK 2
-ATTACK 3
-ATTACK 4

Since every one here is use to somthing like that. Then more people can read it easier and rate quicker.
Oh sorry, and ty.
...would you mind explaning the "TRAIT" to me...?

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
[aka];7547489 said:
Oh sorry, and ty.
...would you mind explaning the "TRAIT" to me...?

The trait is the ability.

RYKUU

Water Trainer
Like your variety mate, cant seem too much wrong with it mayeb a fire in there.
like Arcanine or Infernape.

Alzi

Toon link
That is much better.

Trait is like there ability. Also you need some stonger walls such as skarmory / blissey / forretress / Dusknoir. So something that can take special hits well or somthing that can take physical hits well or take both evenly those are just some suggestions but there are more pokemon out there.

Your team is weak too alot of common things out there. Also:

Espeon@Leftovers
Timid 122 sp.def / 192 spd / 196 hp
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Psychic

Espeon really isn't a sweeper the best it can do is baton pass stats on to another pokemon. See here you can CM then baton pass to Empoleon so it gets the sp.def and sp.atk boost so it can sweep some things.

[aka]

That is much better.

Trait is like there ability. Also you need some stonger walls such as skarmory / blissey / forretress / Dusknoir. So something that can take special hits well or somthing that can take physical hits well or take both evenly those are just some suggestions but there are more pokemon out there.

Your team is weak too alot of common things out there. Also:

Espeon@Leftovers
Timid 122 sp.def / 192 spd / 196 hp
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Psychic

Espeon really isn't a sweeper the best it can do is baton pass stats on to another pokemon. See here you can CM then baton pass to Empoleon so it gets the sp.def and sp.atk boost so it can sweep some things.
Hmmm...ah, well ty (I'm not the best at strategic-like things...>.>)
The trait is the ability.
Thank you, I got that
Like your variety mate, cant seem too much wrong with it mayeb a fire in there.
like Arcanine or Infernape.
Hmm....a fire type sounds good, though there aren't many (that I like)....

So it seems I don't have the natures (or "traits" as they've been called) of the pokemon....so I'm gonna need those to....>.>

Also, I've never had/used a pkmn w/ Substitute so would someone mind explaining it to me?

Well I'm heading to bed, I'll check tomorrow. Thanks for the help peoples

Alzi

Toon link
Substitute works like a decoy. You use it and it basically takes like 1/4 of your hp or somthing like that. Say if the opponent used a attack and it did more then 1/4 damage then you will get out of substitute and won't take any damage the substitute does. But if it didn't take 1/4 of your hp during the attack then you stay in your substitute. You can get in 2 Calm minds then baton passing to empoleon to do more damage to your opponent. You have to try it out first since you won't get the picture in your head unless you try it.

Cerulean21

Time Traveller

Espeon really isn't a sweeper the best it can do is baton pass stats on to another pokemon.

How is a Special Attack Stat of 130 and a Speed Stat of 110 not a Sweeper?
Yes, her Movepool is Shallow but Espeon can Still be pretty fearsome.

Alzi

Toon link
How is a Special Attack Stat of 130 and a Speed Stat of 110 not a Sweeper?
Yes, her Movepool is Shallow but Espeon can Still be pretty fearsome.

I woudn't recomend it as one. I mean it's ok but the baton pass set works more better and since the thread owner is sort of new into competitive battling then the baton pass set will work easier for him.

I woudn't recomend it as one. I mean it's ok but the baton pass set works more better and since the thread owner is sort of new into competitive battling then the baton pass set will work easier for him.

Espeon@Expert Belt / Life Orb
Timid
252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot
-HP [Fighting]

Pretty threatening if you ask me.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Espeon@Expert Belt / Life Orb
Timid
252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot
-HP [Fighting]

Pretty threatening if you ask me.

Which Gengar for one does better, and can switch in much easier with his three immunities. Not a good choice of Pokemon, if you wanted a sweeper.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Bronz has no need for BLock, give it Hypnosis, Rest makes it set-up bait although if you want then go Sleep Talk > Block.

You've been given good Esp sets.

Gallade is a bad lead, Bronz does it better (I have no idea how effective, but it's common and better than Gallade anyway).

Bronz and Emp are the only thing taking hits and no Fire resists makes that worrying (Seeing how from my experiences using Emp it dies fast without recovery).

In short, get a team supporter that aids resistances for the last Poke, taking Special hits moderately well helps too (Not a full Special wall but something that won't be murdered instantly lol)

LordTwilight41

As other people have said, leading with Bronz would probably be your best bet.

Fire Punch on the Marowak works wonders [kind of annoying to get, but it works wonders]

For support I would recommend [from my own experience] a Smeargle, Ninjask [yeah yeah, crazy OU guy], or even a Leafeon [I've seen some crazy Leafeon passers]

[aka]

Substitute works like a decoy. You use it and it basically takes like 1/4 of your hp or somthing like that. Say if the opponent used a attack and it did more then 1/4 damage then you will get out of substitute and won't take any damage the substitute does. But if it didn't take 1/4 of your hp during the attack then you stay in your substitute. You can get in 2 Calm minds then baton passing to empoleon to do more damage to your opponent. You have to try it out first since you won't get the picture in your head unless you try it.
Oh...ok, I'll try it out (once I know what my team'll be)
Bronz has no need for BLock, give it Hypnosis, Rest makes it set-up bait although if you want then go Sleep Talk > Block.
Hmm.....so choose between hypnosis and Sleeptalk?
You've been given good Esp sets.
Yes I have, I think I'll choose the BPer one
Gallade is a bad lead, Bronz does it better (I have no idea how effective, but it's common and better than Gallade anyway).
...I didn't mean to make Gallade my "lead", he just happened to be @ the top of the list.
Bronz and Emp are the only thing taking hits and no Fire resists makes that worrying (Seeing how from my experiences using Emp it dies fast without recovery).
What if I make Emp ResTalk?
In short, get a team supporter that aids resistances for the last Poke, taking Special hits moderately well helps too (Not a full Special wall but something that won't be murdered instantly lol)
Hmm...so I think my 6th guy will be a fire type...
As other people have said, leading with Bronz would probably be your best bet.
I think I shall do that
Fire Punch on the Marowak works wonders [kind of annoying to get, but it works wonders]
That sounds good...but how do I get it?
For support I would recommend [from my own experience] a Smeargle, Ninjask [yeah yeah, crazy OU guy], or even a Leafeon [I've seen some crazy Leafeon passers]
Hmm....those all sound good, but what about something w/ a fire resistance? I really need a fire resistance...>.>

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
Props to you for using Marowak. I like the little guy :) although I use trickroom support to take advantage of his low speed instead of trying to fight it with the jolly nature and all those speed EVs...

[aka]

Props to you for using Marowak. I like the little guy :) although I use trickroom support to take advantage of his low speed instead of trying to fight it with the jolly nature and all those speed EVs...

Lol, ty, I like him lots.
Trickroom?...I'll have to think about that...I don't know too much what I'm doing lol XD

33Ri3

>25 days...
try t-wave for gallade
for empoleon, stealth rock>roar since if it isn't a p-hazer.

Bizziler

If I were you, I'd stick a Vaporeon over Empoleon/in the last slot. Provides Wish support, which your team enjoys, as well as a Fire resist and a bit more general bulkyness.

[aka]

try t-wave for gallade
for empoleon, stealth rock>roar since if it isn't a p-hazer.
Ok, mind telling me why won't WoW won't work?
If I were you, I'd stick a Vaporeon over Empoleon/in the last slot. Provides Wish support, which your team enjoys, as well as a Fire resist and a bit more general bulkyness.
Hmm...wouldn't something like Flareon that can Wish and like absorb fire attacks be better?