• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
Yay! Nick wants to join! i guess he wanted more of a challenge :D
and hey are you still looking for any fighting types?
Naw, I decided that for my league, I'll use a semi-mono-steel team instead. I needed to use Scizor :)

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
Naw, I decided that for my league, I'll use a semi-mono-steel team instead. I needed to use Scizor :)

hey why not a Genesect? do you have one on your Team? They can cover alot.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
Hmmm, I've never tried Genesect. What tier is he?

Its OU. i have one thats Half EV trained. mine knows flamethrower, ice beam, flash cannon, and HP Water
idk if i should put thunderbolt or energy ball on him, i just put those moves on him when he started leveling up.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
Its OU. i have one thats Half EV trained. mine knows flamethrower, ice beam, flash cannon, and HP Water
idk if i should put thunderbolt or energy ball on him, i just put those moves on him when he started leveling up.
I'll probably go for the Choice Scarf set. I'm thinking U-turn, Ice beam, Thunderbolt and Bug Buzz, Naive Nature, max SAtk and max Spe. I'm thinking of having him with Forretress and Heatran, Forretress for the hazards+rapid spin, Heatran for the Flash Fire and hole-punching ability. Feedback?

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
well hes also a good leftover user, and gem user. but it does seem like youre gonna need that strategy on youre team, since steel types are relatively slow.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i have a good genesect set.

Genesect @Choice Scarf
Hasty
96Atk 160Sp.Atk 252Spe
-U-turn
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
best set you'll find. i have a lot of experience with genesect. the ev's grant me some sweet 2hkos, mainly 2hko blissey with u-turn after download.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
That's what I was thinking, but I kind of wanted a STAB Bug Buzz. However, I want Flamethrower for Magnezone (I have 3 steels on my team), Ice beam for Ground Types and Thunderbolt for Water types that threaten Heatran, a crucial member of my team. help?

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
bug buzz is a bad choice on genesect. beleive me. i know.
Really? Ok, since you're so experienced with him...I'll use your set then. Wait, I was going to go naive nature so he can take Priority attacks better, like Conkeldurr's Mach Punch for example. Why Hasty?

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
to prevent download users from gaining the sp.atk boost, as they mostly use special attacks.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
to prevent download users from gaining the sp.atk boost, as they mostly use special attacks.
Yeah, but the only Pokemon in OU you'd probably ever face with download would be opposing Genesect, as Porygon2 is better in OU with Trace and Porygon-Z would get obliterated. I think Naive would be better, but that's my opinion. Thatns for all of your help.

RonRonRon

Fake You Out
I would rather Life orb him because he has ridiculous coverage

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
scarf is absolutely nessacary. (still have trouble remembering the spelling on that)

and genesect should under no circumstances stay in on conk.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i'm pretty sure cy is holding one for me until i can trade.

and i once won a battle because of a hasty genesect. it was raining, and it was down to my genesect vs. the other genesect. now, my opponent was a **** who used rock polish genesect, so as a result his moveset was bug buzz/thunder/ice beam/rock polish. since he got an attack boost instead of a special attack boost thanks to the majority of my team having lower def then sp.def, my genesect barely survived a thunder and (with my sp.atk boost) could kill him with flamethrower. i'd hate to think what would have happened if i had a naive genesect.

Status
Not open for further replies.