• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

trident20

ground types

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
How about we all just agree that the styles may be different because GoTF and Klaus are Singles battlers and Arch does Triples. Maybe Trapping moves are better in Triples. I can see how they would be, with so many pokemon on the field being able to trap one pokemon in while you swap to your counter could be extremely useful, even if in Singles Trapping moves are useless.

last i checked, trapping effects end when the trapper switches. your plan has holes.

EDIT: xswishing is when both pokes switch.
Thank you for the clarification.
I just checked: you're right that trapping effects are lost upon switching out.
And it's true that-like leech seed-trapping effects in triples can stack and deal tons of damage.
Even though switching is a rare sight in triples,it's fantastic at preventing an auto weather inducer switching out and back in to restore the horrific power they supply to half the team.

Sorry for the mess I appear to have made everybody.

Klaus™

Banned
Thank you for the clarification.
I just checked: you're right that trapping effects are lost upon switching out.
And it's true that-like leech seed-trapping effects in triples can stack and deal tons of damage.
Even though switching is a rare sight in triples,it's fantastic at preventing an auto weather inducer switching out and back in to restore the horrific power they supply to half the team.

Sorry for the mess I appear to have made everybody.

dont beat yourself up. no one blames you, for you did nothing wrong. you simply provided an alternate view from a relatively specific viewpoint. which is appreciated. but these arguments help a person in life as well as on here.

has anyone heard of genesect's, tornadus-t's, and deoxys-d's proposed ban yet? im too lazy to check smogon

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i haven't watched them. i had to close the link you provided because i'm about to log off. .-.

EDIT: they're all good pokes. they shouldn't be banned. deo-d is countered by genesect or any other strong bug type attacker or tyranitar, genesect can't touch heatran or a few others (if he has rp) and tonry is easily beaten if you can handle the situation right.

NoteLobo

Banned
i haven't watched them. i had to close the link you provided because i'm about to log off. .-.

EDIT: they're all good pokes. they shouldn't be banned. deo-d is countered by genesect or any other strong bug type attacker or tyranitar, genesect can't touch heatran or a few others (if he has rp) and tonry is easily beaten if you can handle the situation right.

To ban a pokemon is not to say that it is unkillable. It is merely to say that it is Metagame centralizing and removes variety and surprises and therefore hurts the metagame. So I honestly have to agree with the banning on Genesect due to its Metagame centralizing and for its single-handedly pushing Heatran's usage into the top 10 by making itself unconquerable by anything else. Deo-D is evil, lets just face it. It isn't something that needs to be countered, all it does is comes in and lays down all kinds of hazards before dying and not even caring. So it could be banned due to its ability to lay down hazards far to easily and effectively. Tornadus-T I'm not so sure about because I honestly don't battle OU to much anymore so I haven't seen it terribly often, but from my memories of OU it was really hard to stop in rain. And if it has gotten worse since I last checked I see why it would be banned.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
So wait, are we Waring Pokeforce or another clan? I cant war since im on vacation, and i forgot to bring my Laptop and DS DX

i hope they dont ban genesect and tor-t

they are my favorite to use

Honestly, I think that Thundurus-Therian is more in danger of being banned to Ubers than Tornadus-Therian since it's only good attacking skills are Hurricane and certain hidden powers. While Thundurus-Therian has a fantasic movepool in Thunder, HP Ice, Grass Knot, and Focus Blast/Nasty Plot.

Last edited:

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
theyre just testing genesect right now.

lol, pokeforce. theyre a joke.

I would not be sad to see Genesect go. Note sums it up here.
To ban a pokemon is not to say that it is unkillable. It is merely to say that it is Metagame centralizing and removes variety and surprises and therefore hurts the metagame.
My mind has undergone an unholy transformation after facing so many. But yeah, OU is always going to be lacking in "variety and surprises." You play other tiers for that.

Last edited:
I would not be sad to see Genesect go. Note sums it up here.
My mind has undergone an unholy transformation after facing so many. But yeah, OU is always going to be lacking in "variety and surprises." You play other tiers for that.

I like using Genesect a lot but if it goes to Ubers I wouldn't be opposed, but if Smogon bans the Therians...

Klaus™

Banned
Honestly, I think that Thundurus-Therian is more in danger of being banned to Ubers than Tornadus-Therian since it's only good attacking skills are Hurricane and certain hidden powers. While Thundurus-Therian has a fantasic movepool in Thunder, HP Ice, Grass Knot, and Focus Blast/Nasty Plot.

what? tornadus-t might lack a movepool, but it has fantastic stats and an amazing ability. regenerator + LO is amazing, and it even isnt crippled by stealth rock, losing a measly 2% when you use a LO u-turn. and, combined with rain being the most common weather, its hurricanes are nigh unstoppable. the only sure counter i know of is SpD rachi, who cripples it with thunder wave, and thats only in rain.

btw, im on showdown right now note. would love some battles

trident20

ground types
I like using Genesect a lot but if it goes to Ubers I wouldn't be opposed, but if Smogon bans the Therians...

well i dont see how genesect can do so well in ubers. with all the sun teams, i dont think he would make it.

everyone there is a new pokemon of the week. discuss!

Last edited:

NoteLobo

Banned
I know that Vatii's new team runs a Genesect in Ubers. It makes a great Volt-Turn core with Zekrom. Sorry but I'm using a 3ds right now so no PS or PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.