• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a defensive pokemon to round out my team. So far I've got
Unburdened Hitmonlee
Dual Screen Espeon
Specially Defensive Empoleon
C-c-combo Breaker Zoroark (Lols I love this guy)
Bulky Choice Banded Dragonite
and I was running Weezing to block fighting types, did pretty well for a while, but then I decided to try a few others, nothing really seems to be working too much. I'm not really sure what I would need to throw in at this point

EDIT: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou13934418 This is about how it runs normally...but Marowak is just the most recent one

Hitmonlee really did some work in that one, nice going with Zoroark too although if your Illusion is broken and you were mimicing a completely different type do go for Sucker Punch because most likely they'll switch to something more suited for fighting Zoroark. I recommend Ferrothorn over Empoleon because Rotom-Wash carrying Hidden Power Ice will do a doozy over half your team otherwise and you'll get some more options for inducing status on your opponents (plus it can lay down entry hazards as well).

They usually run something like this:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Brave/Sassy/Relaxed
252 HP and invest the rest in either defenses and some in attack as you see fit
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes/Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed/ Thunder Wave/ Toxic

Ferrothorn's slow but it can force a fair share of switches (especially on rain teams where water-types are common) along with powering up Gyro Ball. The only water-types Ferrothorn should be concerned with are Jellicent harboring Will-o-Wisp and Keldeo, speaking of whom you're quite Keldeo weak once Espeon's gone, so I recommend Jellicent as it walls Keldeo that aren't running Hidden Power Ghost, Dark, Electric, or Grass.

This set will help you with what you said you're looking for (plus it goes well with Ferrothorn as a Spin Blocker and can come in on a move Ferrothorn's weak to):
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Speed
- Scald/Surf
- Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

(this is from a write-up of jellicent from Smogon)

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
Umm Swampurtz is back baby of a week ban so yeah because my previous 2 posts count as spam idk why but whatever also i need a perfect Swamp team with Swampert Gardevoir Camperurt Breloom Altaria and Registeel

Last edited:
Umm Swampurtz is back baby of a week ban so yeah because my previous 2 posts count as spam idk why but whatever also i need a perfect Swamp team with Swampert Gardevoir Camerupt Breloom Altaria and Registeel

...Half of your team is outclassed by another pokemon, Alakazam > Gardevoir, Salamence > Altaria, and Ferrothorn > Registeel. In fact aside from Breloom your entire team is in UU or lower.

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
...Half of your team is outclassed by another pokemon, Alakazam > Gardevoir, Salamence > Altaria, and Ferrothorn > Registeel. In fact aside from Breloom your entire team is in UU or lower.

Ok i ment to put salamence but whatevah but ill need move sets and stuff but i wnat Swampert but i want Gardevoir

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Would anyone like to battle im kinda new to this online playing thing i prefer tiers lower then ou but id be ok with ous being used

*raises hand* I would love to haha, I love fighting with lower tiered pokemon in the upper tiers haha. I'll battle anytime I need to get better anyways

LunarFox

Sand Trainer
Wow... Things have changed so much... It took so long to replace my stolen comp... Anyway I guess I am no longer a member right? And so there is no spam... Weezing is a defensive god. He crushes all but psychics.

Wow... Things have changed so much... It took so long to replace my stolen comp... Anyway I guess I am no longer a member right? And so there is no spam... Weezing is a defensive god. He crushes all but psychics.

Ah! You must be one of the older members! Things have changed alot around here metagame and forum-wise.

LunarFox

Sand Trainer
Yeah. I noticed Note is gone. And I am pretty old I guess lol. What has changed if you dont mind me asking. You can post on my wall if you prefer.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Well it's nice to meet you, you can call me Kunai! I'm...obviously newer...

Unburdened Hitmonlee is faster than most of the OU honestly...

LunarFox

Sand Trainer
Username/What you want us to call you (Keep it reasonable): Lunarfox. Fox works for short.
What Division you are applying for; I used to be in research... Honestly wherever you think I will work best.
Recommended by?: Originally by Note... No one now I guess.
Reasons for Joining: I liked being a part of this team.
Games played?: Red, Blue, Yellow, Emerald, Snap, Black, Diamond, Pearl, Fire red, Leaf green,
PO/Showdown access (Yes/No): PO Yes. I don't know about Showdown I have never tried it.
If yes what is your username: Lunarfox on PO.
Wifi access (Yes/No): When I need it yeah but my teams on my ds are... pretty bad atm.
Jobs interested in?: Wherever I fit best. But like I said I used to be a team builder. Not the best but... Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.