• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team SlowMoonguTran

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Hey everybody, after regenerator amoonguss was released, I thought I'd use my knowledge from the dw tier to build a team around the new wall of the generation, amoonguss.

;080; :591:
I started with my defensive core.

;080; :591: ;485;
Then I wanted my team to have a FGW core, so heatran was added.

;080; :591: ;485; ;472;
A ground resist was desperately needed at this point, and gliscor answered the call.

;248; ;080; :591: ;485; ;472;
I needed something to counter the ever-popular weather teams, so I added my own weather starter.

;248; ;080; :591: ;485; ;472; :645:
Finally lando was added.

Tyranitar @Shuca Berry
Sassy
Sand Stream
252Hp 96Sp.Atk 160Sp.Def
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam
Ttar is a solid member of my team, he sets up rocks and can actually counter landorus. With his shuca berry, he takes around 40% damage lando's quake. Ttar has standard coverage moves, thanks to my item I can obliterate gliscors or landoruses who think I'm an easy kill with ice beam. And I can put the hurt on the all-common 4x weak to fire pokemon that inhabit the tier.

Slowbro @Lefties
Bold
Regenerator
252Hp 252Def 4Sp.Atk
-Scald
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off
Slowbro is my dedicated physical wall, Scald is for burn hax and fire blast rounds out my coverage. T-wave cripples sweepers. I opted for scald and fire blast as my attacks because the coverage is solid, and ko'ing ferrothorn, scizor, and forry is always nice.

Amoonguss @Black Sludge
Bold
Regenerator
252Hp 176Def 80Sp.Def
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Ice
-Spore
-Stun Spore
Amoonguss acts as my mixed wall, he can take quite a beating, inflict the appropriate status, and then switch out and heal off some damage. My experience in dw ou helped me craft this set, as it allowed amoonguss to take around 40% from garchomp's earthquake and ko it with hp ice. Now I use it to help against the therian formes of the genies.

Heatran @Lefties
Calm
Flash Fire
248Hp 100Sp.Def 160Spe
-Lava Plume
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
Heatran has enough speed to outspeed all varients of adamant scizor, and I use him to stall my opponent. Toxic helps the team and he is also a solid volcarona check.

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish
Poison Heal
252Hp, 180Def, 76Spe
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Ice Fang
-Protect
-Roost
The new poison heal roost gliscor, he stalls physical sweepers like a boss. Protect and roost let me stall for very long periods of time, and ice fang lets me hit latios and other gliscors.

Tentacruel @Black Sludge
Calm
Rain Dish
248Hp, 160Def, 100Sp.Def
-Scald
-T-spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Protect
Tentacruel adds the much-needed toxic spikes to my team, and I gain a rain counter and spinner too. Tenta adds a second water and ice resist, but can take special hits very well.

Volcarona @Lefties/Lum Berry
Bold
Flame Body
248Hp, 144Def, 16Sp.Atk, 100Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Hidden Power Ground/Bug Buzz
-Roost
Volcarona is a BEAST with roost. My ev's give me considerable bulk, a bit more kick in my attacks, and a reasonable speed score. I've been sweeping teams on po with volcy. I tend to favor hp ground over bug buzz because then I can take on non-air balloon heatrans and terrakions with ease.

Last edited:

Charbris

Banned
I may be pretty new here but I feel like the rules say that you should have longer discriptions. Otherwise you may end up like some of those other posts that just end in a big picture of "DA RULES" posted by jesusfreak.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Three of your Pokemon are weak to ice, and four are weak to water. So, um. Gliscor or Landorus need to go. Replaced by a Jellicent. Or just something resists both of those. But then the problem with that is then you have three Pokemon weak to grass.

I have no idea what to suggest. Every suggestion leads to a large weakness.

@Char. I lol'd.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
I'd go with a classic ferrothorn over landourus, also wheres the Heatran's set?
Ferro!
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 0 spd ivs
leftovers
relaxed nature
Powerwhip
leech seed
protect
gyro ball

Charbris

Banned
Easy use Rotom-W instead of Gliscor. It takes 1/4 damage from water type moves, has a neutral hit from grass, resists ice, has great bulk, and can hit pokemon all over the map with its stabs and ice beam. Try running this

Rotom-W
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Pain Split
Ev's: 252 hp, 176 def, 82 sdef.

Problem solved.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Um. Rotom takes 1/2 from water moves. And grass moves are super effective. Rotom-W doesn't learn Ice Beam.

Child! What are you talking about!

Charbris

Banned
sorry sorry sorry. I was think lanturn. Same typing though. Are you sure it takes x2 from grass? I was 90% sure that electric resisted grass...... weird. Oh well, then if you have lanturn you can run water absorb and make it a immunity to water type attacks. My bad once again!

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
i wouldn't run lanturn in OU...just saying. Unlike rotom-w lanturn is mashed by earthquake. But yes you need an ice counter. But if you insist on using landorus-T use it with a choice scarf. Its attack is high enough but his speed is lacking.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
First off, you only have 5 Pokemon. Might want to fix that.

I would give Landorus-T Rock Polish. With Initimidate, it is much more likely to set it up, plus, its current speed isn't exactly enough to be a really good sweeper (it's ok, it's just it wont be able to beat things like Salamence without Rock Polish, unlike Mamoswine, who can just Ice Shard it). I would use that over U-turn, probably.

Finally, I would hurry and finish off those descriptions. They're not really enough to rate properly, and a mod is extremely likely to lock this when they see it. If you hurry now though, you'll probably get it done in time. If you can't, a mod is usually willing to update the descriptions and bump the thread if you PM them the descriptions you want.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Sorry. I was rushed. Editing that now. I've got longer decriptions now. Pictures will be coming soon.

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
sorry sorry sorry. I was think lanturn. Same typing though. Are you sure it takes x2 from grass? I was 90% sure that electric resisted grass...... weird. Oh well, then if you have lanturn you can run water absorb and make it a immunity to water type attacks. My bad once again!

Yes, I'm sure. It's the other way around.

I'd give Lando enough EVs to still OHKO 252 / 0 Gliscor.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Good idea, I'll run calcs for that.

EDIT: If I did that, it would gimp my attack so badly I could never use it. Also, lando-t can never ohko gliscor unless you factor in rocks.

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Oh really? I wasn't aware of how low the SAtk fell. What was the change in SAtk?

Eaglehawk

Banned
What am I looking at? To be completely honest, Amoonguss is a great check to Rain, andt this core is tried and true. Plus, you're doing it completely wrong.

First, CM Jirachi (rain abuse oc) shits bricks all over your team. Seriously, with just Thunder and Psyshock, he can set up and wreck your whole team, and both Slowbro and Amoonguss are the major set-up bait, so you're definitely going to need something to beat it. Your team as of now is mainly defensive without heavy hazards abuse and no Phazer, so Jirachi can just sit in and dick around with your whole team. SD Gliscor would work really nicely against it, as its massive defense allows it to shrug off a Psyshock from a +2 CMJirachi and KO it with a +2 Earthquake, but that's more of a shaky check.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I can just roar out jirachi. And lando lost ten points of special attack. Although I didn't run the calcs assuming expert belt.

Eaglehawk

Banned
yeah but its not hard to kill a Heatran in rain, son

If you're using Toxic Gliscor, I can see Sand Veil Gliscor being some trouble

Amoonguss is OHKO'd i believe
Heatran is OHKO'd
Tentacruel is OHKO'd
If behind a sub, Volc Dies
Gliscor can't touch it
Slowbro can stop it, unless it misses a scald then GG

I would suggest using Ice Fang on Gliscor or just hope that you don't run into Sand Veil Gliscor