• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Sub

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
My team contains lots of pokemon with the move sub. The main reason why is because no one expects it therefore you can land moves on them easy.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

This pokemon can make your foes quit the match on the first round with just 1 hydropump 1ko they are sure to rage, what's even better is politoad can wall some pokemon like starmie now your thinking why keep politoad out when starmie has thunderbolt? well in fact my politoad can beat starmie. I don't use any other move but hydropump because it does so much damage.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Substitute
- Scald
- Confuse Ray

My milotic is mainly to wall and hurt pokemon by subbing then confusing and burning Pokemon. This pokemon can damage many ou teams which don't have a strong enough pokemon to beat milotic. it can stop set ups such as dragonite the only thing which lets this pokemon down is when it is poisened or burned but don't let that happen.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Heat Wave

Another sub pokemon there to sweep pokemon using thunder now you must be thinking why has it got heatwave? well try use thunder on ferrothorn it only does around 20 damage when heatwave in rain does 45% with roost this pokemon can become really annoying due to it sweeps and can sometimes be stay in sub after being hit by a move /

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat

My fast sweeper to take out dragons or any other pokemon stopping me from winning. As you can see this pokemon is really dangerous because it can ko a lot of pokemon with close combat, i have earthquake to kill jirachi and ninetails which is really useful to take out sunny teams, only bad thing about this pokeon is scizor kos it with bullet punch.

Weavile (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

This pokemon is very special if it can sub and get sword dance set up it can ko a lot of pokemon and with speed like that nothing will ever beat it. I have ice shard there to beat dragonnite which may have set up already.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

I gave breloom 252 hp and spd because i want it to outrun a lot of pokemon and i want it to survive some hits too. As you can see this is just a normal set for breloom and i have done nothing to change it. I use breloom to make to get those dangerous pokemon to sleep while he set up and sweeps them all, i have seed bomb to beat water pokemon and focus punch to do a lot of damage.

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I was making a team like this as well. You might want to add another move on Weaville because you won't be able to hit as much pokemon as you can with just ice moves. Even with ice shard on weaville a jolly nature might be better to still outspeed pokemon like Alakazam and scarfers who aren't able to outrun your base speed.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I was making a team like this as well. You might want to add another move on Weaville because you won't be able to hit as much pokemon as you can with just ice moves. Even with ice shard on weaville a jolly nature might be better to still outspeed pokemon like Alakazam and scarfers who aren't able to outrun your base speed.

yeah i give it ago next time i use this team

Tdotdems

Shiny Collector
I disagree with your statement that Milotic gets ruined by burn and paralyse, due to its fantastic ability marvel scale, I admit toxic and thunder wave can be trouble, but I would go as far to say to give it flame orb, not only does it prevent other status' but doubles his defence, while healing of burn damage with recover. Agree with above comments about weavile. Maybe even get rid of sub and put on focus sash...

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Weavile should have Low Kick and/or Night Slash. Heck, you could even drop the Ice moves and have both since they get near perfect coverage (only resisted by Toxicroak, Croagunk, and Heracross).

i see what you mean but then it would be a normal weavile if i get a sword dance i can ko most pokes even if they resist it and i only have ice shard because it is helpful

Tdotdems i would never give my pokemon flame orb it seems silly to me even if it doubles it's defence also sub on it stops me from getting hit with toxic ...

Tdotdems

Shiny Collector
True, but weavile is so fragile I don't think people will think about using toxic as most pokes can OHKO it, at the moment it is far too easily walled by many pokes with only one type attack. For Milotic both work, I run a flame orb on mine, with mirror coat also and it does do well, but leftovers is still a good choice, it was just a personal preference.

dildadonz

Sure like half your pokemon have sub but it wastes so much coverage on them.

Politoed can be easily played around, Gastrodon can just toxic you, the best you can do is Perish Song and your choiced. Its fun being locked into a status move. Also as a sidenote none of your pokemon even rely on the rain bar Zapdos and Thunder then again it has heat wave.

Milotic is total taunt bait. Substitute on such a slow pokemon is a big no-no. Dragon types with taunt will have a field day and what can you do. Anything that has a strong electric attack will have a fun time. Rotom water im looking at you.

Zapdos is walled by Gastrodon and Tyranitar who can wear it down with stone edge and ice beam respectivly. They can also get the odd earthquake/power as you outspeed them. It won't be fun facing Gastrodon.

Terrakion is a great pokemon nothing to say. Great for ridding other wather inducers and very reliable revenge killer.

Weavile, anything that resists ice will have fun setting up. Ice shard or nothing, ice punch should be replaced by night slash or low kick. Two STABs are useless on the same pokemon. You don't get any more coverage.