• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team SUNKERN

I was bored and wanted to try Lost Heroes with something that was so bad it was a joke. I made it just under 1300 with this team before dropping again. Not high, and worse I just missed the Lost Heroes cutoff. I've sort of lost interest in playing Pokemon again now that Team America won the Victory Cup so this team is more of a casual team.

038.gif
232.gif
149.gif
003.gif
637.gif
191.gif

038.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ninetales really sucks. I know I'm using it badly but it really is terrible. Fire Blast is decently powerful I guess and it handles Dragonite and Hydreigon leads ok. Energy Ball is useless filler. Probably will be Toxic soon. HP Ice strikes most dragons hard and keeps me from instantly losing to lead sub Hydreigon.

232.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Choice Band Donphan is really cool. Leads against Politoed who ALWAYS stay in to Hydro Pump while Donphan survives at 1 HP due to Sturdy and OHKOs with Earthquake. Its excellent at luring in and obliterating Rotom Wash as well as Jellicent. The surprise value is phenomenal. Players who's primary ground immunities are Latios, Gliscor, Landorus and Dragonite don't commonly switch in while their team takes powerful Earthquakes. This plays more as a suicide Pokemon than a normal Donphan. CB hits + Sturdy makes sure something dies. Speed EVs outrun other Donphan which is surprisingly useful.

EQ vs:
0/0 Politoed - 100.3% - 118.7%
252/0 Tyranitar - 111.9% - 132.2%
248/0 Scizor - 74.1% - 87.5%
0/0 Venusaur - 98.3% - 116.3%
252/252 Blissey - 64.4% - 76.1%
252/128 Ferrothorn - 52% - 61.4%
252/0 Donphan - 56.5% - 66.7%
120/0 Conkledurr - 69.6% - 82.2%
252/252 Reuniclus - 51.9% - 61.1%
0/0 Volcarona - 115.7% - 136.5%

Ice Shard vs:
0/0 Dragonite - 44.6% - 53.3% (87.9% - 104% without multiscale)
4/0 Salamence - 99.1% - 117.2%
0/0 Landorus - 92.8% - 110.3%
0/0 Gengar - 39.3% - 46.6%
0/0 Haxorus - 50.3% - 59.9%
0/0 Latios - 54.3% - 64.2%
0/0 Virizion - 55.6% - 65.4%
0/0 Torenadus - 60.7% - 72%

Seed Bomb vs:
4/0 Rotom Wash - 105.8% - 124.8%
252/252 Rotom Wash - 61.8% - 73%

Rapid Spin vs:
4/0 Dugtrio - 27.8% - 33%

Donphan Rapid Spins and switches in on Rock moves. Yeah, that's why I'm not using Mamoswine.

149.gif
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Dragonite is so easy to set up and even easier to get several KOs with. Great switch in against pretty much everything. Lum Berry shrugs off status while Dragon Dance + Roost keeps it from being worn down. EVs outpace Tornadus after a Dragon Dance which is enough in most games.

003.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

Venusaur is sweeper #2 but also functions as a revenge killer. Hits a little more speed than Scarf Terrakion and after a Growth charges though most of the metagame barring some Steels like Ferrothorn, Scizor and a healthy Skarmory. After a Growth Venusaur hits super effective or otherwise OHKOs 39 out of 50 of OU. This doesn't include the things it hits for 60-70% that are easily worn down (like Conkledurr and Reuniclus).

637.gif
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Volcarona is a nightmare in sunlight. In many cases I don't even have to Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance in the Sun is enough to destroy many teams on its own. Hidden Power Ground is being used over Rock due to how annoying Heatran and Terrakion are. Gyarados and Dragonite are a little easier to wear down with multiple Flame Dances. Rarely sweeps on its own but tears holes in teams to let something else sweep.

191.gif
@ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Here it is, the boss. The beast that brings most teams to their knees with despair. Sunkern. Destroyer of worlds. The idea is to use Substitute against something.. which is literally impossible due to even Sunny Scalds breaking my Substitutes. You would be surprised how many people switch their bulky waters out of Sunkern. Also I can sub spam for a miss against stuff like Choiced Stone Edges or whatever. Anyhow, get up a sub and make a decision (keep in mind you only speed tie with Terrakion). Did they switch in a Scizor, Skarmory or Ferrothorn? HP Fire the **** out of it. Something slower like Heatran or Gyarados? Start Subseeding until they switch (or die). A faster Pokemon like Latios? Sub until you feel ready and Endeavor (then switch). Don't get me wrong.. Sunkern sucks. Its pretty capable of causing some havok though.

Here are some logs of it ruining people.

Lucs vs Sunkern
D.Grayman vs Sunkern
Random vs Sunkern

Anyhow this is more a retirement of a joke team. I have a lot of trouble with Gyarados and I don't match up well against other weather unless Donphan blows them up. I'm looking into other EV spreads for Ninetales too. I'm also thinking of running Charcoal over Leftovers for Sunkern as Leftovers doesn't help Endeavor and the extra damage helps 2HKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn while destroying Scizor in one shot sometimes.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Oh BH, this is hilarious. Sunkern is a boss anyway, but this is fantastic. No team reccomendations, looks rather solid.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Oh BH, this is hilarious. Sunkern is a boss anyway, but this is fantastic. No team reccomendations, looks rather solid.

Gray™

ok in my defense:
3410879_d6760bff87045d6e2ccac8a645456178.jpg

now seriously you overrate that sunkern way too much.on sun with a crit it couldnt ohko ferro with hidden power fire

ProjectTitan313

Fire breathing moth
Here I am, struggling to keep over 1050 and you hit 1200+ with a Sunkern. Fml.
Trying this Lost Heroes thing myself with Lilligant.

Well, I got nothing for improvement. Looks solid to me and the serious use of Sunkern made me laugh and destroyed any self esteem I ever had in one shot. Good stuff ;)

Maybe try Fire Gem on Sunkern? Should be enough to epic-troll Scizor and does a tad more over two turns than Charcoal (1.5x boost, two turns of Charcoal would be 1.4x).

Ilan

Here I am, struggling to keep over 1050 and you hit 1200+ with a Sunkern. Fml.
Trying this Lost Heroes thing myself with Lilligant.

Well, I got nothing for improvement. Looks solid to me and the serious use of Sunkern made me laugh and destroyed any self esteem I ever had in one shot. Good stuff ;)

Maybe try Fire Gem on Sunkern? Should be enough to epic-troll Scizor and does a tad more over two turns than Charcoal (1.5x boost, two turns of Charcoal would be 1.4x).

Subseed always needs leftovers you can't replace it..
sunkrem was really fast I wondered why now I know why... I think sceptile is captable to do the same but better.. but I get it is a joke pokemon...

Well, Sunkern's HP is so low it doesn't really need Leftovers to Subseed successfully. I can just lower the HP IVs and run Charcoal or Fire Gem to get KOs on Fire weak stuff (Sunkern is so incredibly bad it needs Sun + Fire Gem to OHKO Scizor).

Of course I could always drop Sunkern for something else.

ashsinnoh

Nice BH... Nice. Seems I'm not the only one to use Sunkern team ^^ However, I think Sunflora is better unless you either run Focus Sash or Eviolite. That aside, nice, funny team xP

Takeo

What about Shell Bell, recovers 1/8th of the damage it inflicts on its opponents. might seem like a gimmick, since not all pokemon you take out with Sunkern might have full health, it might vary, could be better then leftover which recovers 1/16 of owners hp.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

you could try Jumpluff>Sunkurn. Even thought it has a SR weakness and losing the bases of you team, it is a beast of a subseeder. (I'm actually using one in a sun team.)

I use this:
Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- U-turn

Last edited:
you could try Jumpluff>Sunkurn. Even thought it has a SR weakness and losing the bases of you team, it is a beast of a subseeder. (I'm actually using one in a sun team.)

I use this:
Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- U-turn

BH made this team to use sunkern she does not wish to remove it it was to prove that almost anypokemon is viable in ou the team name is sunkern how would it be that without sunkern

Zachmac

I can see some slight problems with scarf Heatran, but nothing major with EQ on your Venasuar.

Actually, just rating as an excuse to say I really like your idea with Donphan handling Politoed. I might try that sometime if I ever make a sun team.